Are foreigners overrated in game?

Higuain is an exceptional player. English players are overrated.

The teams in general is way overrated. ( UK that is )

Regarding Higuain, it reflects his potential...that said, who knows how it ends, it's seen before. Great talents who never get last notch up the ladder.

Higuain is not over rated if you think that then you obviously have not seen him play that much if at all.

I'm not saying he is not exceptional irl, just that he is so good(at 21) that there is not much room for imporvement, and in the context of FM he is virtually unplayable against, whereas irl, i think this is not the case.

I'm not saying he is not exceptional irl, just that he is so good(at 21) that there is not much room for imporvement, and in the context of FM he is virtually unplayable against, whereas irl, i think this is not the case.

about 25 teams disagree with you.... 29 goals in 39 apps is "good"

lol i see the bandwagon is well an truly in swing. Before May 2010 people would be saying he's 'world class', but because of what's happened recently he is the most overrate englishman EVER!!!(that title belongs to gerrard before it belongs to rooney)

What bandwagon? He's good, but not world class.

The only thing I find strange about Higuain is his composure and finishing are better than Messi's in FM, in real life Messi is the best finisher in the world in my opinion. English players are not over rated on FM, people will say Rooney is but I think he is just going through a bad patch of form relating to issues with injuries and personal stuff. If anyone on FM is over rated it is Ribery I have never seen him have a game that justifies the stats he has.

To say Rooney is not world class is just not right in my opinion, a player cannot score as many goals as he did last season and not be world class.

English players are overrated in most FMs.

I'm playing FM10 and I've got to say that I think the opposite is true.

It gets even worse in the future as well, in my experience. In my current main save, which is in 2021, England have barely been able to qualify for tournaments and the number of English players in the PL is less than one in three!

In my opinion many French players from the Ligue 1 are vastly overrated. It's ridiculous how many good youngsters you can find on French teams in comparison to for instance German, Spanish, English and Italian youngsters.

But that is true of Ligue 1 IRL. Not saying they aren't overated (I haven't looked closely enough) but just because they are playing means little in this context.

English Players are badly overrated- We all know that England have absolutely no chance of winning anything in the near future but they always seem to do well on FM, even winning things- this being a country with 44 years of hurt.

I'm playing FM10 and I've got to say that I think the opposite is true.

It gets even worse in the future as well, in my experience. In my current main save, which is in 2021, England have barely been able to qualify for tournaments and the number of English players in the PL is less than one in three!

Quite realistic I think lol

Higuain is about right. He is amazing. I think he should be a bit quicker and a bit less on some things although maybe he is crap at some of the hidden stats?

Rooney is well overrated but I find some English are also very underrated like Adam Johnson. It's quite random actually the ratings system.

People are saying English players are over rated and then only naming Rooney. I am sure that there is at least one player from every nation that is over rated. The England team do very well on FM but that does not mean they are over rated on FM10 most of my games had Croatia win the big tournaments before 2020 does that mean that Croatian players are over rated as well?

name one english player who's overrated in the game

Rooney, Gerrard, Terry, and so on down the line it is almost pervasive. Face it England are a mediocre football nation in real terms and it is only the financial shortsightedness of the PL that allows all the best foreign players to come to the country and make the league a force in world football.

Listening to tabloid newspapers is not a good idea when you want to know the relevant strengths of players (no matter what country you're from). They are well known to distort all and sundry to sell copies of their titles and as the sports pages are the biggest selling points then of course they are going to present their own in the best light possible (even going so far as to lie).

If Darijo Srna is as good in reality as he is in FM11, then I'll eat any hat you wish to hand to me!

Yeah there's a few foreigners I'd say are a tad overrated but being honest English players by and large really suck, and SI have got the stats right overall.

For example, Jack Rodwell is a very good player but he isn't world class, and FM11 reflects that.

Sigh this again?

I knew this was gonna turn into a 'english players are all overrated' thread. Might as well be closed because no one ever seems to listen to reason.

Xenophobia is a major problem in countries like Italy and Spain, I wouldn't let it personally affect you.

Sigh this again?

I knew this was gonna turn into a 'english players are all overrated' thread. Might as well be closed because no one ever seems to listen to reason.

I've been trying decide whether to or not. Glad someone agrees that I should.

Archived