Does the condition of a player actually mean anything? Clearly not...

Im sure a 65% fit Rooney could still do some damage against Reading. Especially when he came on at half time when your players would also be tiring.

If Rooney was 80% fit and started and your players were all 100%, you would still expect Rooney to be a threat. There is no difference to this situation.

Scoring from 25 yards shouldn't be affected by lack of fitness.

I'm surprised if he managed to run a long way and finish, that should be beyond him.

However, just as tactical changes producing effects you weren't expecting on one occasion doesn't mean tactics are broken, one single instance of a player on low condition (especially one of the best five or six strikers in the world like Rooney) performing well does not mean condition means nothing.

Using your logic, I know someone who smoked and didn't get any major health problems. Therefore smoking doesn't ever give you any health problems.

I know someone who won the lottery, so everyone wins the lottery?

You can't be serious? Please think before you make threads like this!

As per usual all the fm addicts jump to defend the game when up pops an unrealistic situation

and how do you come to that conclusion :rolleyes:

Your complaining because one of the best strikers in the world scored against you when he's half fit. So what? A half fit Rooney is better than any striker Reading have and also a half fit Rooney probably wouldnt have much trouble beating Readings defence. Like I said, look at it in perspective. If Rooney had started the game 80% fit and did this there wouldnt be a problem. But he came on at half time where your players were probably around 80-85% anyway and Rooney was at around 65%. Its exactly the same!

As per usual all the fm addicts jump to defend the game when up pops an unrealistic situation

lol...

OK here's your explanation. The condition of a player acts like a "sliding scale" on all stats that can be affected by tiredness - namely, pretty much all the Mental and Physical attribute.

So, a player dropping from 100% to 70% will lose his Mental and Physical effectiveness. He won't shrug players off as well, or anticipate a loose ball, or close people down.

However, I believe it has no impact on Technical stats, or the core skill of the player. As such, a player with tremendous technique and skill can still "pull a rabbit from the hat" and do well, just like they can in reality.

The fact you've highlighted Rooney is especially unfortunate for you as he's a player of marvellous technique that can strike a ball well no matter how tired he is. Any player who has scored a goal in extra time is an example of how a single moment can turn a game.

If you really don't think condition means anything, never make a substitution and use the same eleven players wherever possible for every game, and play them immediately if they come back from an injury. You'll see the difference I assure you.

And no, not an FM "addict" or a "fanboy" - just somebody responding to a ridiculous suggestion that has been disproved constantly over the years.

I assume your next suggestion is that the Acceleration and Pace stats don't make a player move quicker?

Lol !!!

Yes a semi-fit world class player scores against a poor quality team. How unrealistic is that.

Just this week John terry has said he has not been fully fit or injury free for the last 5 years. In this time he has produced his best performances ever.

Quality doesn't lie my friend.

I've noticed that it doesn't have a huge effect.

You can always get away with a player on around 85% playing just as good as normal.

It probably only really matters on all action midfielders or full backs.

85% is fine. 70% and below is when it really starts to hurt.

Nearly every goal I concede late in a game comes from a poor decision from a player around 70% fitness who I haven't been able to take off. It's like they literally go to sleep!

It is a more important stat defensively though, you're right.

The OP has an excellent point. Rooney is coming off an injury. No manager would put him on the squad unfit unless there was a dire emergency. IRL no one is going to risk the real chance he will re-injure himself.

Well thats an issue with the AI management. Its nothing to do with the point the OP is trying to make.

lol...

OK here's your explanation. The condition of a player acts like a "sliding scale" on all stats that can be affected by tiredness - namely, pretty much all the Mental and Physical attribute.

So, a player dropping from 100% to 70% will lose his Mental and Physical effectiveness. He won't shrug players off as well, or anticipate a loose ball, or close people down.

However, I believe it has no impact on Technical stats, or the core skill of the player. As such, a player with tremendous technique and skill can still "pull a rabbit from the hat" and do well, just like they can in reality.

The fact you've highlighted Rooney is especially unfortunate for you as he's a player of marvellous technique that can strike a ball well no matter how tired he is. Any player who has scored a goal in extra time is an example of how a single moment can turn a game.

If you really don't think condition means anything, never make a substitution and use the same eleven players wherever possible for every game, and play them immediately if they come back from an injury. You'll see the difference I assure you.

And no, not an FM "addict" or a "fanboy" - just somebody responding to a ridiculous suggestion that has been disproved constantly over the years.

I assume your next suggestion is that the Acceleration and Pace stats don't make a player move quicker?

From my experience... you really hit the bulleye!

In my save, in 4 different matches, i concenced a goal because one of my centerback had sufer some kind of injury and had they're condition around 60%.

So i completly agree with you. When a player is low on condition, that is reflected mostly in terms of mental and physical effectiveness

Well thats an issue with the AI management. Its nothing to do with the point the OP is trying to make.

Agree. If i'm playing against, say Real Madrid and i'm Barcelona, i hope they put C.Ronaldo on so one of my boys can send him to the injury list for a couple more months. I know, i lack fair play, but this is a videogame.

Rooney is a far more vital and irreplaceable part than Hargreaves.

So I guess Rooney didn't play a World Cup campaign for England in the Summer whilst half-fit, or did I imagine that? :)

I'm guessing Liverpool have never rushed Gerrard or Torres back a bit quicker than usual. Or Arteta/Cahill at Everton? van Persie at Arsenal? Drogba at Chelsea - the guy had malaria ffs! ^^

It's not like 65% fitness means he's recovering from a stroke!

Rooney is a far more vital and irreplaceable part than Hargreaves.

You said that "no manger would put him (a player) in the line up if he was unfit". It happens IRL.

Rooney has scored 2 goals this season, both penalties. Man Utd are still undefeated in all competitions, he is just a cog in the machine, like every other player before him and the same rules apply.

So I guess Rooney didn't play a World Cup campaign for England in the Summer whilst half-fit, or did I imagine that? :)

I'm guessing Liverpool have never rushed Gerrard or Torres back a bit quicker than usual. Or Arteta/Cahill at Everton? van Persie at Arsenal? Drogba at Chelsea - the guy had malaria ffs! ^^

It's not like 65% fitness means he's recovering from a stroke!

You said that "no manger would put him (a player) in the line up if he was unfit". It happens IRL.

Rooney has scored 2 goals this season, both penalties. Man Utd are still undefeated in all competitions, he is just a cog in the machine, like every other player before him and the same rules apply.

He wasnt starting the match. He wasnt close to being match fit. No manager is going to have their irreplaceable World Class striker come off the bench at 2/3 fitness coming off an injury. IRL, if he were close to match fitness, he might be put on the bench to play the last 30 minutes by design. Thats my opinion, at least.

He wasnt starting the match. He wasnt close to being match fit. No manager is going to have their irreplaceable World Class striker come off the bench at 2/3 fitness coming off an injury. IRL, if he were close to match fitness, he might be put on the bench to play the last 30 minutes by design. Thats my opinion, at least.

You never watch soccer then is MO

Archived