I have a league game scheduled, yet 90% of my squad are on international duty [11.1]

Has anyone else experienced this?

cyCof.png

I ended up playing the match and drew 0-0. Fulham's team were hit too, but they still had most of their first team players on the pitch.

I'm guessing it has something to do with my team playing in the UEFA Cup and UEFA Super Cup.

It's a bug. And I had something like this happen but it was back in FM10. A random nation would schedule a match during the season. One example, happened to me when I was playing as At. Madrid and Argentina has a qualification fixture. Not even a friendly. Aguero was called up. Btw it was the CL semi finals and my 3rd main striker was out for a 3 months. Aguero comes back injured from the fixture. So I was down to 1 main striker. Thanks SI.

It's a bug. And I had something like this happen but it was back in FM10. A random nation would schedule a match during the season. One example, happened to me when I was playing as At. Madrid and Argentina has a qualification fixture. Not even a friendly. Aguero was called up. Btw it was the CL semi finals and my 3rd main striker was out for a 3 months. Aguero comes back injured from the fixture. So I was down to 1 main striker. Thanks SI.

What? The OP has a very valid complaint... but you are talking about -ONE- player? What a joke.

From what I've seen, there are a couple thing that could cause these things:

1> U23 Olympic games can collide with normal fixtures

2> South American / African games can collide with normal fixtures

These are both "normal" as they happen irl as well.

3> Normal fixtures can get rescheduled on days when there are international qualifiers / friendlies. I guess this should never happen, but it seems to be the case sometimes, especially leagues with an extremely full calendar. And I've also seen it happen that my opponents postpone the game because they have like 4 callups (me too), and it is than put on a day where I have even more callups, or even 2 games on the same day. (in which case, the game simply crashes, unless you holiday through it)

Yeah it seems to normally be on a day of South American/African or even Asian qualifiers, and it can really hurt if you have a far flung side. The other one that hurts is the Oceania Nations Cup, but not likely to have many players from there. I remember in Portugal in FM10 I had 23 players on International duty, three suspended and 2 injured...from my entire squad I could only field a Starting XI + Grey reserves. There were U21 games, African Quals, South American Quals, and Asian Quals, I had only 4 seniors playing International European football 2 suspended and 2 injured :p

Just happened to me too - and its definatly not the Olympics, Asian/african games as i've got English players away on national duty for a friendly with S.Korea

EDIT: Just noticed that its the same date as the OP's so somethings obviously not right - surely premiership games would be moved.

Archived