Looking disinterested

You'll normally see this if you've given the player the impression that the game and his performance doesn't matter, normally by saying 'no pressure' in the pre-game team talk. That option can be useful, but I wouldn't recommend it unless the player is a youngster making his debut, his morale is low or you're playing a far better team.

To try to combat this, I would suggest giving the individual team-talk 'disappointed' to the player, although if you're giving a negative team-talk to the whole team you probably won't need to do it individually.

The one way FM fails to reflect real life. If I looked bored or disinterested when I played, I could expect something thrown at me by the gaffer.

"Oww! What was that for?"

"You're not paying attention."

"We're five-nil up at half-time!"

"I don't care!"

• 2 weeks later...

I would sub him and then sell him and get a replacement in.

I've only ever seen this happen once on a player and it was because he didn't like me. If a player is capable of looking disinterested he should be out the door imo.

The one way FM fails to reflect real life. If I looked bored or disinterested when I played, I could expect something thrown at me by the gaffer.

"Oww! What was that for?"

"You're not paying attention."

"We're five-nil up at half-time!"

"I don't care!"

Ancelotti could only wish he had done that when Milan was up 3-0 against Liverpool.

Archived