Leading 3-0, laptop crashes, reload same game and lose match. Would you reload again?

Intersted to hear what people think of my dilemma.

Leading 3-0 in the 80th minute to main rivals in a top of the table clash. My laptop crashes for unknown reasons and shuts down. Game is saved before the big match and when I re-load we lose the match.

In your opinion is it ok to re-load again or until you win as clearly the laptop has cheated me or should I accept these things happen and take defeat and move on??

Tricky one!

If you have to write a thread asking if people would I can presume you want people's approval to make yourself feel better about doing it or going to do it? If so then surely you know that you shouldn't do it but want assurance from others :D

I'd replay the game until I won it. It's happened before, winning 5-0 with 10 minutes to go. Not saying it's unrealistic a team could come back and draw or win (ok it is). But when I played the game again I didn't have a single shot. How random are the matches?

C'est la vie I'm affraid. I do feel sorry for my mate though, he managed to get Ranagers to the CL Final and beat Arsenal 1-0 in his first season (FM 08). Went to continue the game after post match and it crashed. He played that game about 20 times again and got pumped everytime.

I would just go on with the result like I did in my last season.

Before the crash I won both games but lost my best 2 players for 3/4 months. After the crash I lost both games but still had my best 2 players. How many times would you have to reload to get the same injuries, same cards, same results?

Never reload. :thdn:

If you get a crash, what has gone before no longer exists, so you simply play the match again and accept whatever result you get.

Problem is though that for me, in terms of realism, I take the first result that happens as gospel no matter what the score is. If I lose the Champions League final 8-0 and crash, I'll replay it over and over till I lost - maybe not 8-0 exactly but I'd throw my 'keeper up front until it was close enough!

If I replayed and actually won the game it'd be a very hollow win for me, so I couldn't play the game the way you've said there.

Luckily, a game crash like that hasn't happened for me since FM07 :)

I think "realism" is overrated. I mean, look at how many sites where you could download tactic/training method/ or just simply a list of wonder kids there for everyone to see. If you want total realism, when you see the name of a wonder kid other gamers recommend it, then no matter how good he is, you should prevent yourself from buying him. Cos it's not you who spotted him. Personally, FM is just a game, you can play it whatever way you want, as long as you enjoy the way you play it. And I don't consider those who use editor, or reload and replay a game following a bad result as cheating. Even if it's cheating, we are talking about cheating on a PC game here, not our girlfriend or wife or something. So what's the big deal?

Anyway, back to your problem. It's simple - since you were winning the game when your computer crash, when you reload it and play again you lost. So it's 1-1 here. Just go ahead and play one more game and let the third game to be the decider. This way, you got to play it FAIR. And at the same time you wouldn't feel bad because your pc crash and ruin your good result.

Problem is though that for me, in terms of realism, I take the first result that happens as gospel no matter what the score is. If I lose the Champions League final 8-0 and crash, I'll replay it over and over till I lost - maybe not 8-0 exactly but I'd throw my 'keeper up front until it was close enough!

If I replayed and actually won the game it'd be a very hollow win for me, so I couldn't play the game the way you've said there.

Luckily, a game crash like that hasn't happened for me since FM07 :)

Well, what I described above is my philosophy, and I don't believe that it has ever actually favoured me anyway. :D

To be honest, the real answer is:

- Go to preferences.

- Select rolling auto save every week.

Also hit 'ctrl-s' after finishing each match. :D

On the rare occasions this has happened, I holiday the match and accept that result. Its the only time I'll holiday.

That's not a bad idea actually. Holidaying means you don't have to play it again, which is the most annoying bit, and then you can just accept whatever result you get without getting too emotional or thinking too hard about it. :thup:

That's not a bad idea actually. Holidaying means you don't have to play it again, which is the most annoying bit, and then you can just accept whatever result you get without getting too emotional or thinking too hard about it. :thup:

Its exactly those reasons that I do it. The playing it again is the most annoying part really. FM time is valuable!

And yes, save after match is also a good idea.

My game crashed earlier and I lost 7 matches, 5 wins and 2 draws. I was annoyed, but figured I would play through it again and accept whatever results came and not try to get the same results. Lucky for me I won all 7 games.

Also changed my autosave from monthly to weekly.

I think "realism" is overrated. I mean, look at how many sites where you could download tactic/training method/ or just simply a list of wonder kids there for everyone to see. If you want total realism, when you see the name of a wonder kid other gamers recommend it, then no matter how good he is, you should prevent yourself from buying him. Cos it's not you who spotted him. Personally, FM is just a game, you can play it whatever way you want, as long as you enjoy the way you play it. And I don't consider those who use editor, or reload and replay a game following a bad result as cheating. Even if it's cheating, we are talking about cheating on a PC game here, not our girlfriend or wife or something. So what's the big deal?

Anyway, back to your problem. It's simple - since you were winning the game when your computer crash, when you reload it and play again you lost. So it's 1-1 here. Just go ahead and play one more game and let the third game to be the decider. This way, you got to play it FAIR. And at the same time you wouldn't feel bad because your pc crash and ruin your good result.

This - play it one more time and accept the result.

It is YOUR game, so play the way you want it! Nobody is going to hammer you if you reload your match and hardly anyone cares. It is not as if you are playing online with other human players.

Personally, my style of play is different from others because I BOUGHT the game and I play it the way I want to play. As long as I don't brag about my achievements to other human players, it is fine by me.

I also never come across this problem before because as I have said, I play the game differently from most FM players.

So cheers, mate! :D

Archived