Set piece instruction consistency

Never really thought of this until my last match just now, but why do the corners have a nice list of instructions but the free kicks have only 3-4?

Just had an instance where my speed little winger was marking up on the opponents biggest guy. Now obviously that's just moronic by the AI, so I realize...

Why can't we give our players more specific instructions on free kicks?

Never really thought of this until my last match just now, but why do the corners have a nice list of instructions but the free kicks have only 3-4?

Just had an instance where my speed little winger was marking up on the opponents biggest guy. Now obviously that's just moronic by the AI, so I realize...

Why can't we give our players more specific instructions on free kicks?

I'd love to see a fluid set piece creator, but as we know from Championship Manager 2010, it can be a ridiculous failure.

Personally I'd love a set-piece creator where you can train a player to hit a "ballpark" area and do it properly. Whenever I set someone to "aim for far post" at the moment they just float it harmlessly in the air either over the bar, or straight at the 'keeper without a challenge from my players :S

Well of course those options would be best, but they would take forever to implement.

What I want they already have coded they just need to add it to the free kicks. Like I said, it's moronic for one of my small guys to mark one of their big guys, corners have the option, let us set out free kicks to mark small or big guys so we don't have the stupid AI mismatches.

Then they can spend however long making a -real- set piece editor.

Well of course those options would be best, but they would take forever to implement.

What I want they already have coded they just need to add it to the free kicks. Like I said, it's moronic for one of my small guys to mark one of their big guys, corners have the option, let us set out free kicks to mark small or big guys so we don't have the stupid AI mismatches.

Then they can spend however long making a -real- set piece editor.

Ahh I gotcha.

Yep, good idea.

Archived