Custom fantasy league

I got bit bored last night as it all went down too easily with Ebbsfleet. So I thought Ill do what I once did with some older version. I swapped the whole English league system all the way down to 7th divisions (Evo-Stik, Zamaretto and Ryman Premier) and partly the 8th divisions.

As Fifa apparently doesnt have any full club rankings, at least I couldnt find any, I used IFFHS's top 350, based on 1st November 2009 to 31st October 2010.

I changed the league reputations to be better, starting from 200 to 8th div's 120. Sadly I couldnt find a tool in the official editor, wheras I would be able to change the prize moneys etc. for the mentioned leagues and the once between. So I have no idea what kinds of finance troubles the teams in the lowere tiers will get into, if any

Anywho, it'll be fun to give it a go. The IFFHS's ranking seems bit silly; for example Estudientes and Banfield from Argentina will start from the Top league, while for example ManCity is in the RL League One. Theres team from Congo and Belarus in the RL Championship. But all this spices it up nicely I reckon.

I thought I'd leave the game on holiday for a night or so. So if theres any interest I can post some screenies later on.

I did something like this on 10 actually. To sort teams by league I searched clubs by reputation on the editor. However, for some reason, Portuguese and Scottish clubs didn't appear. There were probably others too and I refused to put the South American teams in because it was originally gonna be a European Super League until a couple of American and Japanese teams got added. As I recall Juventus always won the top division (Super League Level 1 - hooray for originality) in the first season. Also, I remember that there were a load of English teams like Derby, Leeds and Burnley who were in the lowest divisions with teams from Hungary and Japan. The English teams used to rape the leagues for years.

Archived