Ridiculous shooting

There's a Chilean youngster who has joined Juventus in the January transfer window from Colo Colo. He can play most positions in defence and midfield.

He's played 16 games so far and has scored 20 goals, in all competitions! Incidently, Im the Chile manager as well as Sampdoria manager. So being interested in his unbelievable form, I decided to check out his highlights and see how he's getting so many goals. I would have thought it was headers from corners, but no.

With 5 for finishing, 10 for long shots, 5 for penalty taking, 10 for free kicks and 14 for technique...this guy has consistently been scoring goals from around the HALF WAY LINE! So many goals from 70 yards out?!? The ball is bouncing around in his own defensive third of the pitch, and then all of a sudden when the ball comes near him, it WHIZZES ACROSS THE SCREEN into the other side of the net. He doesnt even have 'shoots with power' or 'shoots long' on his profile.

Firstly has anyone ever seen anything like this before, and secondly, why doesnt he do this in international games??? icon_wink.gif Any thoughts?

There's a Chilean youngster who has joined Juventus in the January transfer window from Colo Colo. He can play most positions in defence and midfield.

He's played 16 games so far and has scored 20 goals, in all competitions! Incidently, Im the Chile manager as well as Sampdoria manager. So being interested in his unbelievable form, I decided to check out his highlights and see how he's getting so many goals. I would have thought it was headers from corners, but no.

With 5 for finishing, 10 for long shots, 5 for penalty taking, 10 for free kicks and 14 for technique...this guy has consistently been scoring goals from around the HALF WAY LINE! So many goals from 70 yards out?!? The ball is bouncing around in his own defensive third of the pitch, and then all of a sudden when the ball comes near him, it WHIZZES ACROSS THE SCREEN into the other side of the net. He doesnt even have 'shoots with power' or 'shoots long' on his profile.

Firstly has anyone ever seen anything like this before, and secondly, why doesnt he do this in international games??? icon_wink.gif Any thoughts?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopper99:

Is his name Nicolas Millan by any chance? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> He can play most positions in defence and midfield. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think not

hey. thanks for the replies. i've finished my season with samp, and there are a couple of world cup qualifiers in the summer......

Im 1-0 up against Peru, and they start to attack. The ball is in the air IN MY OWN PENALTY AREA. This player (NOT MILLAN) takes one touch to control, the ball goes out of the area, AND THEN HE SHOOTS WITH UNBELIEVABLE POWER INTO THE OPPOSITION NET. 2-0. This just happened.

If anyone wants to see if i'll add them in my game and you can view the highlights. Therein lies the proof.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by apcooolj:

hey. thanks for the replies. i've finished my season with samp, and there are a couple of world cup qualifiers in the summer......

Im 1-0 up against Peru, and they start to attack. The ball is in the air IN MY OWN PENALTY AREA. This player (NOT MILLAN) takes one touch to control, the ball goes out of the area, AND THEN HE SHOOTS WITH UNBELIEVABLE POWER INTO THE OPPOSITION NET. 2-0. This just happened.

If anyone wants to see if i'll add them in my game and you can view the highlights. Therein lies the proof. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could you please "save" the game, upload the .pkm so we can download it and view it for ourselves? I'd be interested to see this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by apcooolj:

His second goal in the game just now. Im not even going to describe it. How do i upload, and whats a .pkm?????? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At the end of the game, click on the score (I.E 2-1). This takes you to the "Match Overview" screen. In the bottom left of the screen (possibly right, depending on which skin you're using) there will be 3 buttons.

"Save"

"View Highlights > "

"Show Highlights in > "

Click on the "Save" button - and a screen will appear. You can name the save whatever you chose. Hit save.

I'm not sure where this is saved on the PC, but on the mac its

NepentheZ > Users > Neppo > Documents > SI > FM08 > Matches

So I can only assume its

My Document > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2008 > Matches

In that "matches" folder, there will be a file

"yourfilename".pkm

Load this file onto a site like Megaupload or yousendit - and give us the link.

We can then download it and watch the game for ourselves. icon14.gif

Cheers.

There were 3 different scorers for Chile in this game. 1 Goal from a corner, 1 Goal was a 25 yard curler from the right hand side of the box, and the other a 30ish yard strike from outside the box, in front of goal.

There were no "super" goals from the Halfway line, nor were there any from even remotely close to the halfway line. I think you're telling porkies here.

Nepenthez, are you watching the correct pkm. I watched it, there were two Chilean scorers, David Suazo and the player in question. And, it was utterly absurd.

The defensive midfielder, struck two shots, the first from just outside his own penalty area, and the second from inside the penalty area, both arrowed into the oppositions goal at a ridiculous speed.

Think Steven Reid's goal irl a couple of seasons back. The one where the ball was headed clear from a corner and he rifled the ball in with such ferocity that the camera couldn't keep up. Now imagine the ball being hit at the same velocity, but from 85 yards, without it letting up.

I would be inclined to say that it is a fault of some sort. Whether there is a peculiar parameter that solely affects the player in question which gives him the ability to constantly achieve the absurd, or whether the OP has discovered something in the editor to allow a player to possess superhuman abilities doesn't matter. It is, as the post states, utterly ridiculous.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Geoff Newman:

Nepenthez, are you watching the correct pkm. I watched it, there were two Chilean scorers, David Suazo and the player in question. And, it was utterly absurd.

The defensive midfielder, struck two shots, the first from just outside his own penalty area, and the second from inside the penalty area, both arrowed into the oppositions goal at a ridiculous speed.

Think Steven Reid's goal irl a couple of seasons back. The one where the ball was headed clear from a corner and he rifled the ball in with such ferocity that the camera couldn't keep up. Now imagine the ball being hit at the same velocity, but from 85 yards, without it letting up.

I would be inclined to say that it is a fault of some sort. Whether there is a peculiar parameter that solely affects the player in question which gives him the ability to constantly achieve the absurd, or whether the OP has discovered something in the editor to allow a player to possess superhuman abilities doesn't matter. It is, as the post states, utterly ridiculous. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There was only 1 link to download - So I can only imagine its the correct game. Chile - Peru 3-3 Final score?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Geoff Newman:

I would be inclined to say that it is a fault of some sort. Whether there is a peculiar parameter that solely affects the player in question which gives him the ability to constantly achieve the absurd, or whether the OP has discovered something in the editor to allow a player to possess superhuman abilities doesn't matter. It is, as the post states, utterly ridiculous. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There was only 1 link to download - So I can only imagine its the correct game. Chile - Peru 3-3 Final score? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

David Suazo also never scored in mine. "Humberto Suazo" / "Miguel Riffo" / "Matias Fernandez"

David Suazo isn't peruvian or chilean... lol

Maybe shoots with power ppm and strength of 20 makes him super man, he hits a shot from 50 - 80 yards out at 200 mph, it just hits the back of the net, breaks the net, keeps going and explodes in the stands lol.

I think you'll have to put up more goals to convince people.

This guy has got the right game.

This game is a matches later. He's only been scoring with every shot from free kicks and shots from around 30-35 yards out, but those are boring.....so here's the next unbelievable shot.

Juventus v Ajax.

His second goal makes Xabi Alonso's long shots look absolutely aweful. My favourite bit is how he plays around with the opposition with some great disguise. One pass from half way inside his own half is back towards the right back, his next touch from the same position arrows into the top corner of the opposition goal. Im actually laughing while im typing that. Just check it out, please.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FVBK7E0D

NepentheZ, im sorry the first game didnt come out right for you. I invite you to look at it again, as others can clearly see it. I hope the other videos may make you consider removing your earlier remark.

NepentheZ, im sorry the first game didnt come out right for you. I invite you to look at it again, as others can clearly see it. I hope the other videos may make you consider removing your earlier remark. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am currently downloading the other videos. But how on earth did I get a different game before? Very odd.

Ok. The Juve v Atalanta Game finished 1-0 with a 60th minute penalty. Nothing odd there.

2nd Game, Juve 1 - 2 Lazio - Trezegeut scored for Juve, nothing special.

next game i viewed, Juve 1-0 Ascoli, 25th minute palladino goal.

Juve 1 - 0 Ajax, Jara scores, but its a 20 yard simple finish from the edge of the area, nothing special.

Steuta 0 - 2 Juve, Trzegeut and Laquinta the scorers.

Sorry buddy, but I'm just not getting what the others are getting. I see on super shots, no great goals, and only 1 goal from the guy in question.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Download the game. Open FM and click on "View Match" on the "Load Game Screen" (Down Next to "Preferences")

Select the match you have downloaded and you will watch it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i have tried that on both FM07 and FM08 (demo) and neither works cause windows cant recognise the file

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gcormack:

Download the game. Open FM and click on "View Match" on the "Load Game Screen" (Down Next to "Preferences")

Select the match you have downloaded and you will watch it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i have tried that on both FM07 and FM08 (demo) and neither works cause windows cant recognise the file </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Windows has nothing to do with it. You download the file, leave it where ever its downloaded.

DO NOT Right click the file and "open" with FM. That wont work.

Open FM > Click "View Match" > Find the match in the list > Click Open.

Its that simple./

Ok. The Juve v Atalanta Game finished 1-0 with a 60th minute penalty. Nothing odd there.

2nd Game, Juve 1 - 2 Lazio - Trezegeut scored for Juve, nothing special.

next game i viewed, Juve 1-0 Ascoli, 25th minute palladino goal.

Juve 1 - 0 Ajax, Jara scores, but its a 20 yard simple finish from the edge of the area, nothing special.

Steuta 0 - 2 Juve, Trzegeut and Laquinta the scorers.

Sorry buddy, but I'm just not getting what the others are getting. I see on super shots, no great goals, and only 1 goal from the guy in question. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh well. No idea whats going wrong here. Very weird that you're getting different scores from an already played game?? Maybe i can add you as a player in my game, and you can come in and see it for yourself.

ok i downloaded 6 of them. i moved 4 into my FM07 matches section in the SI folder. i left 2 on my desktop where they are first downloaded to. i also copied one into my FM08 (demo) matches folder.

following Nepenthez instructions (ta very much for them icon_smile.gif ) i found that you cant watch matches in FM08 because its a demo.

i also tried watching them on FM07. the ones that i could watch were the ones i had moved to my matches folder. however when i clicked to run them it came up with the green loading bar and said loading database. then when it had fully loaded i got a message saying "FM07 is running dangerously low on memory" then another saying "FM07 has run out of memory and will now close"

I've watched all the new ones, and the OP still appears to be telling the truth.

apcooolj, is there any chance of you uploading your save game (the one in the "games" folder, titled ****.fm). I'd really like to have a look at the player properly.

(Also, it might be worth posting this in the bugs forum as well, as I'm pretty certain some of those goals defy human ability)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by corbey555:

What the hell? i'vejust watched them all and this is crazy!!!

Nepenthez- i think it is you are lying. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fine. I will watch them again, and post screen shots with the end results of the games.

Curiosity got the better of me and I watched Juve vs Steaua...

Turns out the guys telling the truth, 65 yards into the bottom corner! (it actually went through 2 players on its way in)

Probably a bug. If it's not, I shall be getting his signature.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Digs_473:

Curiosity got the better of me and I watched Juve vs Steaua...

Turns out the guys telling the truth, 65 yards into the bottom corner! (it actually went through 2 players on its way in)

Probably a bug. If it's not, I shall be getting his signature. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So how am I not seeing these goals? I'm downloading the same games as you guys..!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lfcfannic:

I just watched the Peru vs Chile game and it ended nil-nil???

Will watch the other ones now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow. Mine ended 3-3, and others have got other scores..!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lfcfannic:

Wow. Mine ended 3-3, and others have got other scores..!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe it depends on the patch version you're using? i stopped watching after that crazyarse goal, but it was 2-0 at the time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klimowicz:

Wow. Mine ended 3-3, and others have got other scores..!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe it depends on the patch version you're using? i stopped watching after that crazyarse goal, but it was 2-0 at the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm 8.0.2 - As I assume most people are?

Archived