Glen Johnson is confused...

Kan

or he's an idiot.

He's been getting red cards left right and centre for me. Fining him and having private chats with him is doing nothing, and I'm sick of him costing me games. So I stick him in the reserves.

He comes to me a few weeks later and his unhappy that he's in the reserves and says he's gonna want a transfer. So I say I'll play him in the first team. He says he hopes I keep my promise.

I promote him to the first team, and he's been a regular for a couple of months.

He then comes to me, says he's unhappy that I haven't kept my promise! I'm sorry, was there some secret promise that I didn't know about that I've broken? So anyway, he says he wants a transfer because I've broken my promise. Get this - I then say to him that if he doesn't change his attitude I'll transfer list him.

He backs down and says sorry.

Confused - I am!

or he's an idiot.

He's been getting red cards left right and centre for me. Fining him and having private chats with him is doing nothing, and I'm sick of him costing me games. So I stick him in the reserves.

He comes to me a few weeks later and his unhappy that he's in the reserves and says he's gonna want a transfer. So I say I'll play him in the first team. He says he hopes I keep my promise.

I promote him to the first team, and he's been a regular for a couple of months.

He then comes to me, says he's unhappy that I haven't kept my promise! I'm sorry, was there some secret promise that I didn't know about that I've broken? So anyway, he says he wants a transfer because I've broken my promise. Get this - I then say to him that if he doesn't change his attitude I'll transfer list him.

He backs down and says sorry.

Confused - I am!

The delicate player interactions on FM11 are currently a tad broken, and result in comedy conversations. You could have informed Glen you'd had his missus, then warned him you're the manager and he should respect your position, and he'd probably say sorry.

I believe SI are currently looking at player interactions to amend in the next patch :)

The delicate player interactions on FM11 are currently a tad broken, and result in comedy conversations. You could have informed Glen you'd had his missus, then warned him you're the manager and he should respect your position, and he'd probably say sorry.

I believe SI are currently looking at player interactions to amend in the next patch :)

'A tad broken' is the perfect summary for the whole game atm. Roll on 11.2! :o)

Ya I had this as well. Playing as Fiorentina, in my 1st season I decided to stick with Boruc and offload Frey and left him in the reserves, but nobody wanted him. Frey was unhappy about being in the reserves, and since nobody wanted him, I restored Frey to my starting lineup and promised him first team football. After starting 10 straight league matches, he comes to me and is unhappy that I did not keep my promise. Broken.

Sigh... I guess threads like these will be popping up for the rest of the season unless SI actually write a guide about player interaction.

YOU HAVE TO TELL THE PLAYER YOU ARE MOVING HIM TO THE RESERVES BEFORE YOU ACTUALLY DO IT!!!

If you worked in a firm as a Marketing Director and showed up for work one day to find that you've been demoted to Sales - no explanation given - would you be happy about it? Would you trust your employer in the future?

Sigh... I guess threads like these will be popping up for the rest of the season unless SI actually write a guide about player interaction.

YOU HAVE TO TELL THE PLAYER YOU ARE MOVING HIM TO THE RESERVES BEFORE YOU ACTUALLY DO IT!!!

If you worked in a firm as a Marketing Director and showed up for work one day to find that you've been demoted to Sales - no explanation given - would you be happy about it? Would you trust your employer in the future?

Thats exactly what he said he did in the OP. Too many fanboys around not admitting SI always releasing FM with massive bugs.

I love how the word 'fan boy' applies indescriminately to everyone who doesn't have the exact same issue as a forum member who starts/post in a thread. Even when a person is actually giving some advice on how to avoid this (however impolite it may be =P). Do you come to the forum to just moan? Or to see if there it is a genuine bug or whether it is something you maybe are not handling the way you should? If is the latter why bother.

Now, I have only had one experience of a player requesting a transfer after asking to be played regularly. Some young spanish kid in my aston villa side got upset when I bought a new midfielder and asked for first team assurances. I told him (actually by mistake, I wanted 'train well and play') that he is first choice. I think he played 2 of the next 4 or 5 games as a starter, and came on as a sub in 2 more. He then requested a transfer, which at the time I thought was strange as he had been involved, but maybe 2 starts was not enough. Even more strange is i rejected his request, and now he is no longer unhappy. Is this a bug? Perhaps, since he was cured of unhappiness despite me rejected a transfer request. But then again what do other people think?

(see what I did there, I put across my opinion then asked for other people's opinion. Wow would that stimulate a discussion - as opposed to an arguement - on a discussion forum?!?! Shocking.)

The interaction stuff is a great addition to the game but it does need a few teaks. I'm sure all the issues will be ironed out by a patch or the next release.

Fir example, I've had a player out on loan (someone who starts the game on a season long loan) very upset by my failure to do things that I simply have no power to do. He's upset with me and he has literally never been at the club while I've been there.

Ok, so I didn't tell him I was sticking him in the reserves, point taken.

But the point I was trying to make was that after telling him(!) that I will be playing him in the first team, and actually playing him in the first team, why is he saying I'm breaking my promise?!? That doesn't make sense conversationally, and if in real like that happened to you at work, your boss would be like 'derrr, haven't you just been in the first team?'

And then he says he wants a transfer, so I say sort out your attitude or I'll transfer list you - thereby giving him what he wants....he replies sorry please don't transfer list me

I'm not picking at the methodology (say you'll drop to reserves before you actually do) - I'm picking at the logic. Or the lack of it!

Nice of you to totally misread the post.

What he was talking about is not about the player being in the reserves, but that he has been promised first team football, given it and then came back and asked for a transfer due to the broken promise.

Glad that it's being sorted out though.

I love how the word 'fan boy' applies indescriminately to everyone who doesn't have the exact same issue as a forum member who starts/post in a thread. Even when a person is actually giving some advice on how to avoid this (however impolite it may be =P). Do you come to the forum to just moan? Or to see if there it is a genuine bug or whether it is something you maybe are not handling the way you should? If is the latter why bother.

Now, I have only had one experience of a player requesting a transfer after asking to be played regularly. Some young spanish kid in my aston villa side got upset when I bought a new midfielder and asked for first team assurances. I told him (actually by mistake, I wanted 'train well and play') that he is first choice. I think he played 2 of the next 4 or 5 games as a starter, and came on as a sub in 2 more. He then requested a transfer, which at the time I thought was strange as he had been involved, but maybe 2 starts was not enough. Even more strange is i rejected his request, and now he is no longer unhappy. Is this a bug? Perhaps, since he was cured of unhappiness despite me rejected a transfer request. But then again what do other people think?

(see what I did there, I put across my opinion then asked for other people's opinion. Wow would that stimulate a discussion - as opposed to an arguement - on a discussion forum?!?! Shocking.)

Good post, well said.

I've often argued that they rename this forum because 'Discussion' in the title is very misleading. The other idea, would be to have a 'Ranters/moaners' sub forum.

Archived