Scandalous tactics

Im sure as FM fanatics we are all avid football fans so we are aware of Mick Mcarthy, last season picking a weaker side to face United, and this season Blackpool picking a mediocre side which turned out to be rather decent but still got stig for it from the FA and this week in the champions league, the supposed Red card scandal Mourinho pulled off, so as a manager what mischievous thing have you done :)

I will admit that if I win the league with a game or so to spare, I play my weakest side for the remaining games jus to mess up the table and if it means pushing liverpool from a champions league spot or europa league spot by letting another team beat me then hell yeah I will do it :D

I do it in champions league aswel in the group stages :D

I'll field a bunch of U18's if I've already won the league/cup group to get them first team football, it's the best for me and my club after all. I don't go out of my way to sabotage for other clubs, though. :)

ArranoBeltza that is the definition of a weakened side.

i have about 20 players in my first season in the EPL.

usually would have more like 25 but i've only just got promoted.

whenever possible - league cup, fa cup against smaller teams i play the players who have the least appearances to get everyone as many game as possible.

I'm of the firm opinion that the term 'professional' is much more spot on than 'scandalous' in these cases as long as the rationale behind it is solely related to the own team.

I won't hesitate a second to give some younsgters match practice in unimportant matches either. What I don't do is trying to influence the competition, I only look at the benefit for my team.

This is how I am go about things in the league:

Against teams 1st-10th: Play the first team and have 1 youngster on the bench.

Against teams 11th-15th: I start a youngster and have 1 or 2 on the bench.

Against teams 16th-20th: I start 2 youngsters (3 if at home) and have 1 or 2 on the bench.

If I have won the league already I start 3-5 youngsters and I have 3 on the bench.

Whenever I have youngsters on the bench, I try to get them at least 30 minutes.

I don't like to lose, not even after the title is in the bag.

Moreso, I've experienced a noticeable drop in players' motivation once the league is won (last year I had a run of 5 consecutive draws after we were in the clear), so fielding some sort of U-18 team would likely end up in heavy defeat, killing the dressing room morale.

When/if players reactions will be less bi-polar, I'll consider such an approach, but as things stand now, I'll always try to play a competitive eleven.

Archived