Corners...

FBs should be decent markers, so I use midfielders or forwards to mark the posts. One with a decent jumping/heading on the near post id possible.

I have a striker closing down and the other striker on the edge of the area.

Basically everyones back.

I do still conceed the odd goal from a corner, but not enough to concern me.

DC=Mark tall players

FB's=stand on post

CM's=Man Mark

ML/R=Stay Forward

ST=Edge of area

Works for me, try it post how you get on.

That's the basics but doesn't always work...

know your team... for instance I have a small fast CB with bad jump, would be dumb for him to mark a tall player. Not to mention my big strong target men, I want them in there getting their head on the ball.

Don't just make blind position match-ups. Big players mark big players, small mark the small ones, poor jumpers mark the posts or stand at the edge of the area, etc.

It's all about knowing your players, not just looking at some stats, but everything including they're size.

Edit: Really Sheva? it's a bug because they score on you? I never have corners scored on me unless one of my players simply doesn't do his job, which means it's rare. No doubt you score corners as well so stop bitching about bugs just because you get scored on.

It's another bug.

Happens to me too. Especially when I am 1-0 up. Nearly always on the back post too.

A bug?

Try getting players with better Concentration, don't stick short arse players on tall opponents, work on defending set pieces

I score far more than I concede...My near-post-flicking CB is one of my top goal machines, since my STs couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat...

Haha!

I've been finding a better goals from corners ratio sticking my CBs on the posts, a tall player on the keeper & two players attacking the posts with my strikers in the box :)

Archived