Do AI clubs sign players based on form?

Hi, simple question really alothough it might sound a bit stupid.

Obviously the transfer system this year is very buggy, but im talking more FM 'in general'.

Do AI clubs sign players based on form, or are their transfers based purely on PA/CA?

For example, playing as Pompey and Nugent and Utaka are both on great form, yet there is no interest. In real life perhaps a lower prem club would come sniffing around, but in FM it seems bigger clubs constantly buy players with high CA despite their poor form.

Thanks guys, Joe.

I think that reputation as well as CA and PA come into the most. I do not think form plays any part at all, I have had Darren Bent scoring in 80 percent of my Sunderland games for 6 seasons and there has never been any interest in him. On the other hand my hot prospect striker who has only play 5 games in 2 seasons is attracting loads of interest.

Thanks for the reply. I thought that was the case! I find it quite silly really, the AI clubs should be more flexible with their signings i think. How flexible is a players CA? I know you can improve it with good training etc. but i believe their current form should play a part in improving this.

A young player with potential will obviously improve their CA the more they play, as far as I am aware I think it improves the same if they play bad as if they play good.

FM10 was the best example I had a player at Crewe called Brandy he scored a goal a game in league 2, league 1 and championship yet there was no interest despite hitting 50 goals a season.

FM transfers never make sense. I remember back on FM08 I had Martins scoring 50+ goals for 4 seasons and no clubs came in for him. FM10 I had Cristaldo and Sandro who both had good PA's and I had interest from the second I signed them.

Think it's based on CA/PA rather than actual performances.

Archived