"player" Must be stopped!

One of my players has been talked about by managers from about 5 games into the season as "must be stopped" every game since. And i am now in the middle of feb? hes good, no doubt one of my best, but hes not thaaatt good! :p

Yea i have had that with one of my Hereford players (Bauza sp?)....pretty much every game from the 1st season until a couple of months into the 3rd season which i then quit as their manager....thing is though....he isnt that good

Heh... brought in a guy like that my first season. Made all my opponents shudder and say he had to be stopped.

Only played 23 games but was names league MVP... so run with it, might get that MVP. ;)

Edit: Started a save as Hereford too and that's an interesting mention Mennox... because Bauza has totally sucked for me at the start of the season. lol

Its a part of the games engine there is no way around it and I see no fix in any coming patches.

In real life; as lets just say Real Madrid for arguments sake, do you not think that Crisiano Ronaldo will be picked out by opposition managers as the oppositions main threat? Of course he is going to be talked about in the media!

This seems to effect player morale far too much, especially strikers i've noticed.

Seen that as well. The AI managers have now destroyed three very good strikers for me as they are now nervous wrecks with very poor morale

I've had the opposing managers do that for one of my strikers for most of this season and he's 4th or 5th choice now because of new signings and rarely even gets on the subs bench.

Last Match I played the manager singled out my left back for the first time and he seemed to be unfazed.

1st season in the EPL with Derby, I have Wason Renteria, every game the opp manager fears him, but he has only made 2 league starts and 2 sub appearances and it's January.

Whilst he may be good, he's not as good as Bueno or Kadlec and he doesn't get much game time.

It would be like managers constantly fearing Jason Roberts, even though he doesn't play.

Renteria isn't even my highest CA or PA striker.

Archived