Hard to sell players for a decent amount...

jeej

Just finished my first season with Man City. Was on the verge of getting sacked at the half way point, couldn't find a tactic to work. Anyway, ended up clawing it all back and finishing second. However, because of the shocking first half of the season, a few stars HATE me. Namely Tevez and Balotelli, who will have to leave the club now.

So, I'm in preseason now and I'm trying to sell the aforementioned two strikers. Balotelli is currently valued at 10.5mil and Tevez at £20mil. To test the water, I offered them both around for £40mil a piece. No such luck. Tried £30mil each and Man Utd made some awful bid for Balotelli that was like £2mil upfront and another £20mil over 48 months. Anyway, I'm at a point now where I've offered them both around for £20mil each and clubs have come in for Balotelli for his value of £10.5mil. I wouldn't be so bothered, but I just had to spend £25mil on Dzeko. So, how come I have to pay well over the odds to buy players, but the computer controlled teams refuse to pay over the standard values unless I agree to get bent over a barrel and take money over 48 months?!

Was Dzeko offered to you or you went for him? What was his value when you paid 25 GBP?

When you buy a not for sale player you pay more. When you want to get rid of a player and offer him to clubs they won't pay as much as when they need him.

Was Dzeko offered to you or you went for him? What was his value when you paid 25 GBP?

I went for Dzeko. From memory he was worth bout £14mil at the time. I initially bid £20mil and they came back and countered with £29mil, at which point I negotiated to £25mil.

Tevez and Balotelli are both transfer listed, by the way. Usually (or should I say in FM10) quality players aren't particularly hard to shift, but in FM11 I'm having issues with these pair.

The other teams probably know they are unhappy.

I's the same when i'm a lower ranked team and some of my players wants to move to a bigger club. When that happens I can only sell them for their value, but when i'm selling happy players, not on the transfer list, I can get twice their value..

Seems quite realistic to me, that happy players costs more than unhappy.

The other teams probably know they are unhappy.

I's the same when i'm a lower ranked team and some of my players wants to move to a bigger club. When that happens I can only sell them for their value, but when i'm selling happy players, not on the transfer list, I can get twice their value..

Seems quite realistic to me, that happy players costs more than unhappy.

Yeah, I guess that's fair enough. Bit annoying though. Bout to see Balotelli walk out for £10.5mil!

As other posters have mentioned, I believe the major reason for being unable to offload these stars is their excess wage demands, why would balotelli and tevez leave a club where they are earning in excess of $10million a year from a club with a seemingly unlimited amount of money to, sign for another club where they might'nt earn as much?

Another point to raise is whether these layers are playing consistent first team football, if they are it is even less likely they would wish to move clubs.

As other posters have mentioned, I believe the major reason for being unable to offload these stars is their excess wage demands, why would balotelli and tevez leave a club where they are earning in excess of $10million a year from a club with a seemingly unlimited amount of money to, sign for another club where they might'nt earn as much?

Another point to raise is whether these layers are playing consistent first team football, if they are it is even less likely they would wish to move clubs.

Tevez just finished the season as Europe's top goal scorer. They both had great seasons at Man City. But they hate me and both want to leave the club immediately. I do, however, appreciate that their wage demands are no doubt a big turn off for many clubs.

Tevez just finished the season as Europe's top goal scorer. They both had great seasons at Man City. But they hate me and both want to leave the club immediately. I do, however, appreciate that their wage demands are no doubt a big turn off for many clubs.

If these players were so desperate to leave the club they would of course settle for a lesser paycheck, it is obviously a coding error that AI managers dont pick up on this fact.

Have these players made it public knowledge that they wish to leave the club? if they have it is inexcusable that other clubs havent made a move for them especially tevez as being europes top scorer other clubs would probably think of him as untouchable

If these players were so desperate to leave the club they would of course settle for a lesser paycheck, it is obviously a coding error that AI managers dont pick up on this fact.

Have these players made it public knowledge that they wish to leave the club? if they have it is inexcusable that other clubs havent made a move for them especially tevez as being europes top scorer other clubs would probably think of him as untouchable

They've both made it VERY public on a number of times over the past six months that they wish to leave. I do get that other teams would want to wangle a bargain out of us because the guys are unhappy and we'd be better off letting them go, but Tevez just scored the most goals in Europe, I'm sure someone could've stretched to at least his current valuation of £20mil.

In my view this is definitely something which needs addressing in a future patch. Fair enough its hard to shift players on high wages but in general I think it is too hard to sell players at decent values in comparison to the prices the human player has to pay to get near signing an AI teams player.

you´ll not even get ~8-12 mio for Luis suarez from ajax (valued 6,7mio € with wages around 600k €/a) so its not connected to high wages of a player... its just laughable barca wanted him without being transferlisted, they offered me unnegotiable : 3,5mio up front +2 mio over 48 months + a friendly game O_o after my denial they bough ryan babel for 18 mio :p.

its just rediculous how the ai differs betwween player and non player clubs...

FM has always been this way and by the looks of it always will. AI clubs can sign players for about 25% of what human managers can, and sell their players for about 200% more than we can.

Maybe it is just tat the AI is smarter with their money and we are impatient? Who knows but I really wish one of these years they would sort it out.

it has not always been this way. in fm 09, if you signed a bad young player and played him as a forward for a good team so he would get some goals, you could easily make 10million pounds on a nobody.

is that more realistic, or does it just make your game easier as you can sell players constantly for a huge profit?

I found in FM10 you could sell anyone for huge amounts of money if you wanted, after 3-4 seasons the game was so easy as you could sign anyone in the world money was no issue, i would find myself trying to spend all the money i had when managing big teams and struggling unless i changed my whole line up.

I find this better, you really have to decide if someone is worth buying, will you play them enough, will you be able to sell them at a later date, i think a lot more about transfers now.

It works both ways. Put some good players on your shortlist and eventually you will be offered some of them for market value when they would normally cost far more.

I signed half of my starting lineup that way.

In previous games I think players cost too much and you could sell them for a lot as well. Now in this game players cost too much when they are settled and can be had for surprisingly little money when they are unhappy. At least it affects the AI teams as well, though I would like to see it tweaked.

Archived