Computer Upgrade Query

Ok,

So I have finally got around to buying another 2GB of memory for my deskktop pc, hopefully this will solve the issues I have been having with Windows 7 restarting all the time on start up. But will it also reduce the risk of crash dumps occuring during my football manager saves? If somebody with better computer knowledge than mysef could comment would be much apprecated.

My computer spec now is...

AMD Quad Core 620 CPU

AMD ASRock Motherboard

4 Gig DDR 1333 Memory

500 Gig Sata Hard Drive

Radeon 4670 512 Video Card

Many Thanks

FM crashes during a save could have several causes. Check to see if you have enough free disk space on both the Win7 installation drive and the FM game save drive. If the save requires 300MB and there is only 200MB available, this could either corrupt the save file or crash the game (at least in older versions of FM).

New RAM wont help IMO. You either have a hardware problem or one of the drivers is causing problems.

If its a driver problem you could try finding out which one is causing it by using this: http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed. This is a "user friendly" way of analyzing windows crash dumps. If it finds anything then you just goggle the name of the .dll that is the main suspect and update the drivers for that piece of hardware.

If its a hardware problem the first thing you should do is download memtest (http://www.memtest86.com/). This is a nice program that checks if your memory is working properly.

Then you can move to upgrading the bios on your motherboard, updating every driver, reinstalling windows, trying a different PSU etc etc. :) There are so many things that can be causing problems its not even funny.

Good luck :).

PS: dont forget to goggle the name of your motherboard to find out if someone else has the same problem. Asrock arent exactly known for quality.

Archived