Kits Idea and others

A question for the Designers who have played Football manager Live

A nice little Addition to fm 2012 in my opinion would be to allow the user at the start of the season to make their own Kits much like the system in FML even have a range of logos that can be placed onto them.

what do you think. Something to make then game more Personal to the user.

Also stadiums. can we Decorate them with different Colors Pitch Designs etc.

I totally disagree. I don't think SI should look on a tool where we can make our own kits. I always download graphics which ensure i have the season kits for the teams. Same goes for faces and logos. I have done so for many many years now and happily will do so over the next FMs. What i think SI should look at is the database itself.

I have this feeling that players where more accurately noted in previous versions. Now i see some players getting in the national squads after a year or two when IRL they will never come near the national team. Also i feel the database haven't been updated in a long time. For example there is a player which name is Jean-Marc Martin Mbenti. I have seen him in so many fms now and i think it's funny since this man haven't had a club since 1997. I don't think he is even a player anymore. But in his case i like that he is still in the database since his name is part of an internal joke with a friend of mine. But anyway i think SI should really look in the database and give it a re-boost since as they say in their own words, they strive for realism. Another example is the Swedish player database which i think is a total joke. Years after years it's just getting more ridiculous. This years champions in real life are struggling in fm while the team that came last won in my file. I thinks its little details like that which make the game less "realist". I mean in previous FM's playing the Swedish league system at least the good teams where in the top while nowadays they are always struggling. Also some player ratings for swedish players is completely unrealistic.

I think this is a good idea, for FML and FM, they should incl a kit maker for each season, as it will be quite hard to make a realistic kit change autmatically, so as you said, a do it yourself job. I would like this feature, and if others dont, there should be an option in preferences to turn it off.

yeah.....but no. That's not what a manager does. The moment you start going down that route then it stop being a football managment sim and turns into the sims

Of course the manager doesn't design the kits in real-life (although was it Klinsmann who wanted a red kit somewhere, as statistically teams with red do better?). But it's a good feature because otherwise the same colours are used again and again.

Besides, it's just an aesthetic thing. It has no impact on gameplay whatsoever - you aren't going to win more games because your kit is a slightly lighter shade of blue, for example. So there is no harm in including it. In a lot of ways, it's no different to designing your own skin - you're just changing the colour of your players' kits and how the user interface looks!

I totally disagree. I don't think SI should look on a tool where we can make our own kits. I always download graphics which ensure i have the season kits for the teams. Same goes for faces and logos. I have done so for many many years now and happily will do so over the next FMs. What i think SI should look at is the database itself.

I have this feeling that players where more accurately noted in previous versions. Now i see some players getting in the national squads after a year or two when IRL they will never come near the national team. Also i feel the database haven't been updated in a long time. For example there is a player which name is Jean-Marc Martin Mbenti. I have seen him in so many fms now and i think it's funny since this man haven't had a club since 1997. I don't think he is even a player anymore. But in his case i like that he is still in the database since his name is part of an internal joke with a friend of mine. But anyway i think SI should really look in the database and give it a re-boost since as they say in their own words, they strive for realism. Another example is the Swedish player database which i think is a total joke. Years after years it's just getting more ridiculous. This years champions in real life are struggling in fm while the team that came last won in my file. I thinks its little details like that which make the game less "realist". I mean in previous FM's playing the Swedish league system at least the good teams where in the top while nowadays they are always struggling. Also some player ratings for swedish players is completely unrealistic.

this post would be better placed in the data issues thread where the researchers can look into this in more detail.

Actually, managers do have a say on kits, as do fans, as do the board.

It would be nice to be able to change the design, but not colours of the home shirt, or have it automatically change each year.

It gets boring seeing the same shirt year after year, especially by 2030.

For special anniversaries it would be nice to have a cremorative shirt for the away shirt.

Well, you can already change kits with FMRTE and add the new one in the Information screen...

Anyway it's one of those cosmetic bits that could be a nice touch, but that don't really "belong" in Football Manager, if you know what I mean... Such cosmetic frills feel a lot more like FIFA Manager...

And from Kit Design it's only a short step to Merchandise Dept, to Catering and to plenty of other cosmetic not-so-managerial activities...

As said in the "please no more fluff" thread, there are higher priorities IMO, so even the most "innocent" touch can take a turn for the worse

Kit designs are usually solely down to the Marketing department within clubs and the kit manufacturer. A manager has little to say on the issue, if anything.

See Everton's pink away kit and David Moyes for details. Can't imagine Davie requesting a bright pink away kit!

As for kits, it actually can be done already. The smaller sprites are difficult to get exactly right, but you can change the general colour in FMRTE.

Also, photoshoppers can add actual kits to the game. So it can be done, it just isn't implemented and authorised by SI.

I'm adding this for my Everton team for example ^^

dankagreykit.png

Well, you can already change kits with FMRTE and add the new one in the Information screen...

Anyway it's one of those cosmetic bits that could be a nice touch, but that don't really "belong" in Football Manager, if you know what I mean... Such cosmetic frills feel a lot more like FIFA Manager...

And from Kit Design it's only a short step to Merchandise Dept, to Catering and to plenty of other cosmetic not-so-managerial activities...

As said in the "please no more fluff" thread, there are higher priorities IMO, so even the most "innocent" touch can take a turn for the worse

But the thing is, this has no impact on gameplay. It's like customising your own user interface or designing your own skin - you're just making it easy to "reskin" your players' kits. You're not going to gain a gameplay advantage but people really do like customising their game.

Archived