No Free-Kicks, Cheap Stars Players, Team Talks overvalued....otherwise great!

Really enjoying FM11 so far, I think it's the best one out of the box although there are some problems. Just gonna list them here:

1. Own Goals seem rather commonplace. Not sure if they stack up against actual statistical number of own goals, it just FEELS like a lot so might be worth a look.

2. Free Kicks - something definitely wrong here...I played a season as Liverpool and even with a couple of really quality free kick takers we didn't manage a single goal from a DFK all season. Wasn't just us tho, top of the DFK table was Hull City with....3! I checked the other leagues and it was the same story. Also an awful lot of free kicks just seem to go straight to their keeper which I don't really understand.

3. Players who request to leave get transfer listed, which is ok, but they are sold at their ACTUAL value rather than a higher asking price. For instance, Gareth Bale decides to lives Spurs so asks to go, which means Spurs put him on the transfer list....for seven million quid. This would never happen in a billion years. I am sure some idiot will try to justify that as being ok, but it's really not! Also the transfer list is different from a player wanting to leave. A better mechanic would be for the player's agent to negotiate a price that the player understand the club needs for him, and the AGENT then goes around drumming up offers. That's his job.

4. Team-talks. I gave a team talk and because of telling Pepe Reina and the rest of the squad that losing 4-1 at 19th placed Birmingham was a terrible result, he is now "alienated" and refuses to talk to me (which is also silly, any reasonable person would allow you to apologise). I understand him being upset in the short term, but telling players a ***** result is a ***** result is fair enough, I think!

5. Goals from centre-mid: not sure if this is just me. I sign players who are MEANT to be really good at scoring from midfield and they just never seem to get in the box. If a cross is about to come in, it never seems to be a centre midfielder on the end of it, even though this happens a lot.

There are more things I'm sure but I have to say I am really enoying this so far.

1, mainly i think its because the game gives the goal to the last player who touched the ball in any sort of way. so if a goalie gets a hand on the ball on its way in it counts as an own goal. it should be the last player who had control of the ball, as that is the rule.

2, i agree that even top free kick takers dont seem to even score from them. how many are scored in the game compared to real life is something i dont know, but i would suggest that theres not enough on the game.

3, this is a known issue as is top players being listed for free. hope the next patch will make this more realistic.

4, sadly you have to treat players with kid gloves. i dont even dare fine players for fear of upsetting the applecart. dont expect this to be sorted before fm11 at the earliest though

5, i have scored many with central mids, so i would say this is likely to be your tactics

Archived