Responses to opponent manager's statements

I am not sure if I am missing something ... but in my current game as Bath City, after beating one of the other teams, their manager said that he still sees my team as being sure to be relegated.

Now in that news item, I can respond to that. But isn't there a way to sort of say "Think what you will, I'll show you"?? ... as far as I could find, i can't make a direct repsonse to that statement .. but just some generic references to his team or his abilities as a manager.

So basically all I can do is tell him I think he and his team is crap ... not that I have great confidence in my own players and I'll show him and any other doubters that we will survive.

The annoying ones I had were like beating Celtic 7-1 with Ajax in the Champ League and Neil Lennon saying I had got it all tactically wrong by not shooting more often and trying to walk the ball in to the net. And then I lose the return leg and he says I got my tactics spot on!

Some of the manager comments to you make the AI managers look like gibbering idiots! No one in their right mind would make comments like that!

Life's too short to waste on manager interactions.

I normally don't bother much with it either ... but in this instance, I had just beaten him, and wanted to mock him with something like ... if I can beat you then at least I know who will go down with me ... or .. I bet you, that we finish higher than your team.

Use the Talk to Press button, then pick previous or next opponents manager. You get a few options to comment on, such as their managing ability, style, or that you just dont like them.

Yeah I know that ... but that is not the point. I wanted to make a comment regarding their specific comments about me and/or my team.

Opposing manager: "I think Bath is sure to be relegated"

Me (what I wished I could say): "yeah, well we just beat your team, and I am sure we will finish higher than you"

but all I can say is:

Me: "OM has a crap side"

That is not really a response.

Glad I'm not the only one who has noticed that...

What's the point of releasing comments if the other manager can't have a proper rebuttal? It sounds like incoherent pre-school recess talk... a la "your face!"

Dammit, when a manager who has just been lost has the nerve of criticizing me, I DEMAND the right to tell him "yeah, I got it all wrong but it was enough to send you guys packing..."

Or what about a "F U!" button? :D

The annoying ones I had were like beating Celtic 7-1 with Ajax in the Champ League and Neil Lennon saying I had got it all tactically wrong by not shooting more often and trying to walk the ball in to the net. And then I lose the return leg and he says I got my tactics spot on!

Some of the manager comments to you make the AI managers look like gibbering idiots! No one in their right mind would make comments like that!

I've had this twice now, both after thrashing teams, confused me to say the least! Sour grapes or sheer stupidity?

Archived