1-on-1 PPM's

So was just wondering...

What stats would be the best benefit for the different 1-on-1 PPM's?

I'm thinking finishing and technique would be most important for chipping the keeper.

Think physicals might be more important for going around them, like agility and acceleration.

Any thought's on this?

While we're on the subject, do people train these to their players much or do you just not bother? I've yet to see any of them on a player in-game.

Lobbing also requires high technique!

I like to make strikers blast the ball into the back of the net, if they have good long shots, finishing and if they are a bit slower. As they are slower they are less likely to get shooting opportunities close to the keeper (in my tactics anyway), so shooting hard is good. If they are however fast i train them either places shots or round the keeper, depending on the players strong points (pretty much what cosmo described). Lobbing I only train to the world class finishers as it is a very demanding PPM.

anyone else having that sinking feeling that the super keepers are on the up? i dont know if its been talked about yet. i havent seen it on here though. but id say %70 of my genuine 1 on 1 's are saved if not more. the only time i ever score is when tevez or a creative player rounds the keeper goes wide of the goal then cuts back to a team mate to slot in which luckily he does ofton with the "more expressive" tactic employed. has anyone else noticed or had this?

For strong strikers i always pick "shoots with power" it seems to work somewhat good.

For fast technical strikers i make them learn to how to place shots.. i haven't tried to teach how to round the keeper yet i was under the impression that PPM didn't work at all on FM10 so i haven't tried it yet.

Honestly i wouldnt bother right now with the way the ME works atm. It seems 90% of one-on-one attempts and most shoys in general are shot straight at the near post when it would be far better to curve it to the far post instead....and this is with world class players its just so annoying. Atleast in FM10 they did that.

If anything i typically go for place shots for high techinque players and nothing for low technique players.

anyone else having that sinking feeling that the super keepers are on the up? i dont know if its been talked about yet. i havent seen it on here though. but id say %70 of my genuine 1 on 1 's are saved if not more. the only time i ever score is when tevez or a creative player rounds the keeper goes wide of the goal then cuts back to a team mate to slot in which luckily he does ofton with the "more expressive" tactic employed. has anyone else noticed or had this?

IRL 70% of 1-on-1s are saved. If the keeper's closed down well, a striker's actually aiming at a very small target - especially if they're already at an angle to the goal. People always think of them as gilt-edged chances, but quite often the ST has to rush his shot, for fear of onrushing keeper, or backtracking defenders, and misses.

Archived