Sliding tackle goals

Seen plenty. The frequency doesn't bother me, but the quality of the finishes that they produce is probably a bit too high. The player is stretching for the ball, so I think they're a tad too well-placed at the moment. Minor gripe, but still. :)

Way to many! I play in lower leagues, all my goals are either sliding tackle goals or long range lucky shots

Hmm, on a slightly unrelated note... I was thinking the other day 'Wow, my Hereford team gets long shots on target FAR better then my Colorado save'. Long shots or pretty messed up imo.

I agree tha there's a tad too many and that they always seem to be on target and maybe all in even. I'm happy they're there, but it should be a bit less frequent. I read above that someone would like to see a striker miss one (a toelenght too short), and I agree on that aswell. You often see people sliding in and just missing the ball, but I cant remember seeing any in FM11..

It's a bit like the Matt Le Tissier goals that come flying around, and I am in the lowest possilble leagues.

When I first saw them I thought they were a nice addition.

But the more I see them the more I realise that there's something not quite right.

The attacker will always win the ball no matter who the defender is. Defenders just do not react at all to the player sliding in. The result is that a situation where a defender has more than enough time to clear the ball end up just watching the ball coming towards them whilst an attacker steams in out of nowhere, slides in and knocks the ball in the goal. The 3D animation makes it look a bit worse, because the attacker actually goes through the defender to win the ball and the defender is shown stumbling. Standing still to stumbling isn't a pretty transition.

So I praise the idea as obviously these kinds of goals are scored pretty often but they could do with a bit of fine-tuning.

When I first saw them I thought they were a nice addition.

But the more I see them the more I realise that there's something not quite right.

The attacker will always win the ball no matter who the defender is. Defenders just do not react at all to the player sliding in. The result is that a situation where a defender has more than enough time to clear the ball end up just watching the ball coming towards them whilst an attacker steams in out of nowhere, slides in and knocks the ball in the goal. The 3D animation makes it look a bit worse, because the attacker actually goes through the defender to win the ball and the defender is shown stumbling. Standing still to stumbling isn't a pretty transition.

So I praise the idea as obviously these kinds of goals are scored pretty often but they could do with a bit of fine-tuning.

I've seen an example to the contrary. my defender slid in and beat the attacker to the ball but put it into his own net!

Ive had now 3 times in two seasons where my keeper will make a diving save and while he is on the ground an attacker will come sliding/diving in and slam into the keeper causing the ball to go into the goal. Now I suppose it is possible that my keeper didn't have full control of the ball, but come on that would be carded IRL, diving or sliding feet first into a prone player.

At first it was a nice addition...now its just an annoyance.

Ive had now 3 times in two seasons where my keeper will make a diving save and while he is on the ground an attacker will come sliding/diving in and slam into the keeper causing the ball to go into the goal. Now I suppose it is possible that my keeper didn't have full control of the ball, but come on that would be carded IRL, diving or sliding feet first into a prone player.

At first it was a nice addition...now its just an annoyance.

That's the problem with the level of detail with the 3D engine, don't really know, ball could have been slightly to the side of the keeper and the striker never made contact with his feet, don't really know.

It's not a slide, but what you describe made me think of this goal in the MLS finals last week... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtocZaWpJ_g

Just and instance of players being tangled up and going after the ball, no fouls.

While the clip is similar to what has happened to me, its not the same as I was trying to describe. My keeper is already on the ground with the ball well before (not at the same time sliding as the movie.)

Ive both benefited and been hurt by those rugby looking scrums that happen, but what I was saying is my keeper is already on the ground and after a good 4-5 seconds they come diving/sliding in and break loose the ball for a goal.

Again it might just be the 3d, but why if a keeper makes a diving save, why does it take him 10 or 20 seconds to even stand up, they just lay there like a vegetable.

Have to be honest... There is no way your keeper had the ball for 4-5 seconds and the striker attacked it out. Might have looked like that but not a chance.

Because the AI never keeps moving on a keeper that controls the ball they immediately stop and retreat. The game is deep but the AI isn't true intelligence, some things are basically hard coded.

It's well over the top. Opposition players often slide through my defender to score or said defenders just stand there day dreaming. Doesn't help when half the time Full back wont stand in front of a winger/wide mid when they cross from the byline. They often stand off the pitch or on the actual byline giving players room to cross.

Have to be honest... There is no way your keeper had the ball for 4-5 seconds and the striker attacked it out. Might have looked like that but not a chance.

Because the AI never keeps moving on a keeper that controls the ball they immediately stop and retreat. The game is deep but the AI isn't true intelligence, some things are basically hard coded.

If my players can teleport themselves from the 16-meter line to the middle of the pitch (my striker while attacking), then surely the striker can tackle the keeper after 4-5 seconds :D

i think it may be to do with the 'drill crosses' instruction, that's why it's more prevalent in lower leagues. the players down there can't jump!

Well what sort of happens is that the 'keeper either spills the ball from a cross and the striker dives in ahead of a defender, which is fine as it highlights the Anticipation stat... but most of the time it's a defender dallying on the ball facing his own goal, refusing to clear, the attacker slides in and the ball goes over the line, which is nothing to do with crosses :)

I don't even use drill crosses. Of course there will be drilled crosses, but i'm using default or mix, whichever one of them is the correct one.

Martyr1777 - I've been looking through a few matches now and i can't find it. Getting a bit tired of looking through matches now.

Probably just a graphical glitch. But it was a funny thing.

Archived