Why do they keep resetting my set piece prep??

Every now and then (every couple of months) I go back into my set piece setup on corners and dfks and find it's all reset as default. What gives?? I didn't change my formation. Same thing seems to happen with positions in the formation from time to time. Gets really annoying!

This has to be something to look at (to fix). When I saw in my game a player taking the first corner to the near post and the second one to the player who is lurking in the area I said to myself something was wrong as I have setted corners to be sent at far post. I checked on set pieces screen and there were unticked on mixed... (!?!?).

I don't like to complain but this thing is annoying, you have to check every game set pieces are like you have setted...

It could also have something to do with team selection. I noticed when I reloaded a team selection, it also changed the actual tactic back to how it was when I first saved the team selection. Ridiculous! A saved team selection should only contain the team selection, and not the tactics.

It has everything to do with team selection.

When you save a team selection it saves with it all tactics, settings etc so when you recall a team selection it also recals all your tactics settings that were present when you saved it.

This means any changes or additions you have made since you created the team selection will be gone.

Tip of the day: re-save your team selection every time you change the tactics/player settings etc

I love this feature, it means I can switch complete teams and tactics with a single menu click ... why on earth would you want it any other way?

I'm 1000% sure this is NOTHING to do with the team selection, as I never saved any selection and the game just ****ing randomly set them back to default

I've had enough of this. The only thing I will do now is wait until the game become at least playable

Somewhat similar problem except it's about the match prep settings. (see FM09 vs. FM11 thread) have demo btw

I get this message from ass. manager to check the settings for game coming up. I do and discover it's completely different then what it was a moment ago. I change it, go to a different screen, come back to the page... and its back to the "wrong" settings.

Haven't seen anything about that though so was wondering if you guys had. Any ideas on how to fix this or am i missing something?

Very, Very annoying :/

It's not every couple of months... I have to reset them every 2-3 games along with any changes i made to the tactics outside of the team selection screen!

Every 2-3 games? You're lucky as I'm looking at at least one of my team set piece settings or set piece taker or occasionally a player set piece instruction changing 2-3 times each half.

If I wanted my players to act like Rory Delap I'd at least buy someone who could throw like him and maybe someone with the ability to get on the end of it.

Sort it out SI! What's the holdup? Just release a fix. Not a small fix as you call it that has 170mb or so, but just a small fix for the issues that you can solve right now. This should be one of those. It's really simple. When we decide on our tactics and set pieces make it impossible to be changed by anything but us.

Well you've already been given two workarounds in this thread, so I doubt a "fix" before the next patch is high on their priority list.

But a 'work around' doesn't really cut it. If I setup my player instructions to recieve a short throw and it then decides to reset team settings to a mixed and results in a long throw it then means that my players aren't in the correct position and I'm throwing away possession (which is why I wont use long throws with my absurdly short Forest squad). On top of that when it resets my individual set piece settings during defending corners I end up with too many people up pitch, too many people marking the near post etc which creates merry hell with corners. As I only watch extended and not full highlights I'm not guaranteed to catch the 'reset' until the opposition get to score a goal which then means a complete tactical rethink anyhow. My current work around is to go in and check the tactics every 5 minutes which a. takes forever and b. means that sometimes I get frustrated when I went to change but have to wait until the balls out of play which sometimes is due to the opposition scoring a goal after a 'reset'.

(Please note I say sometimes - I'm not claiming that every goal I concede is down to this bug).

I think the most frustrating thing is that I set up my team to play a way I want and then have that taken out of my hands. Can't be all that bad mind as I do keep playing (if I have to curse under my breath occasionally).

yeah i know mate we are all experiencing the same problem. i think this is an issue that is going to be sorted by the next patch in mid december.

No we're not. Not had this issue once. I want to know what I'm doing differently to the rest of you?

No we're not. Not had this issue once. I want to know what I'm doing differently to the rest of you?

You're a complete miracle worker then xD

It might help to go through how you set up your tactics so we can all follow, as the above problem happens to me every single game.

Not particularly bothered as I can live with a default setup but it would be nice to start having proper set-up set-pieces without the ballache of setting them up before every match..

You're a complete miracle worker then xD

It might help to go through how you set up your tactics so we can all follow, as the above problem happens to me every single game.

Not particularly bothered as I can live with a default setup but it would be nice to start having proper set-up set-pieces without the ballache of setting them up before every match..

Its very simple and I'm sure no different than most:

Go to TC

Create tactic

When it says save, I give it a new name (not overwriting a default)

When it says finish and go to set piece thingy, I do that

Do my set pieces & exit

Repeat all steps for any other tactic.

Archived