CHL - Group stage

Hi everyone

I dont know if this is a brainfart by me, or if this really is a bug. From what I can see, I should've made it to the 1/8-finals. So if you could take a look at it, and tell me why i didn't make it, I would really appreciate it :)

The first 3 matches:

8x8w1v.png

The last three matches and the final standing in the group:

2ajwcvc.png

Very interesting group stage, but I believe the sorting rules are:

1. results against other teams (FC Twente get top place for 6 points v 5 points for Arsenal / Benfica)

2. GD against other teams (Benfica has a GD of +1 against FC Twente and Arsenal, where as Arsenal has a GD of 0 - your results against Anderlecht don't count until further down the sorting rules).

3. Away Goals against other teams

4. GD against all teams

Interestingly, I believe if FC Twente was clear in first place (10 or more points) then you would have grabbed 2nd place, as it would then come down to GD against all teams - either way, very unlucky to miss out!

Very interesting group stage, but I believe the sorting rules are:

1. results against other teams (FC Twente get top place for 6 points v 5 points for Arsenal / Benfica)

2. GD against other teams (Benfica has a GD of +1 against FC Twente and Arsenal, where as Arsenal has a GD of 0 - your results against Anderlecht don't count until further down the sorting rules).

3. Away Goals against other teams

4. GD against all teams

Interestingly, I believe if FC Twente was clear in first place (10 or more points) then you would have grabbed 2nd place, as it would then come down to GD against all teams - either way, very unlucky to miss out!

Yeah that, didn't notice that three teams were tied. But that's how they sort it IRL.

If it is a Three team tie it is then made a mini-league just using results between just these teams:

So the table looks like this...

W-D-L Pts  GD
Twente           2-0-2  6   -1
Benfica          1-2-1  5   +1
Arsenal          1-2-1  5    0

Have actually seen this three times so far in FM11 posted on boards around here ;)

Big results against the terrible bottom teams over-inflate your goal difference :p

Archived