Spanish Referees?

I think easy tackling combined with certain other tactical settings can be a recipe for disaster.

I suspect strict discipline does help - make sure you give warnings after red cards (and fines for repeat offenses) - and if you're getting booked too much, make negative comments about your players in press conferences, make it clear you're not impressed - whether you encourage or discourage yellow cards, players will respond in kind. I was being careless with my comments at one point in my current save and I was getting about 50% more yellow cards than the next team and I'm sure that wasn't coincidence - since I've toughened up, they're down to a more respectable level - I probably average about three a game at the moment.

I think easy tackling combined with certain other tactical settings can be a recipe for disaster.

I suspect strict discipline does help - make sure you give warnings after red cards (and fines for repeat offenses) - and if you're getting booked too much, make negative comments about your players in press conferences, make it clear you're not impressed - whether you encourage or discourage yellow cards, players will respond in kind. I was being careless with my comments at one point in my current save and I was getting about 50% more yellow cards than the next team and I'm sure that wasn't coincidence - since I've toughened up, they're down to a more respectable level - I probably average about three a game at the moment.

Your advice is spot on but with the game in its current state (players wanting to leave when being told off and so on) im not sure making negative comments to the press and having a go at players is the right way to go. Hopefully when the patch is released it will fix the issue and this would be perfect advice but at the moment it could do more harm than good.

Your advice is spot on but with the game in its current state (players wanting to leave when being told off and so on) im not sure making negative comments to the press and having a go at players is the right way to go. Hopefully when the patch is released it will fix the issue and this would be perfect advice but at the moment it could do more harm than good.

I've been managing a team for seven years and haven't had a single player do this, FWIW. You just have to be realistic and consistent.

I've been managing a team for seven years and haven't had a single player do this, FWIW. You just have to be realistic and consistent.

I suppose. Some people are just lucky with this years game though. In all the years of the game, I always warn a player for being sent off via 2 yellow cards and fine 1 weeks wages for a straight red and theres never been a problem. This year players are even moaning about warnings for 2 yellows and its affecting a lot of people. Thats why the transfer system is how it is because the player interaction is broken thus making players unhappy and then requesting transfers.

Like I said, if the OP isnt having these problems with the game then the advice is spot on. All im saying is be careful at the moment with that approach because a lot of people are having problems.

Archived