Big Problem.....Can't play FM?

Yep everything is up to date mate.

All was fine till today, i was even playing this afternoon but when i went to play the game tonight i get all this.

First of all i couldn't see regen pics which i need as i'm in 2015 so i decided to re-install thinking this would sort the problem out.

But after doing that the problem is much much worse.....

When i start the game the intro is fine, its as soon as i hit the main menu everything mad, thes a black line across the top then a grey screen with the 4 options to choose but thats all can't do anything.

Even though everything is upto date, i'd recommend re-downloading your graphics card drivers.

Re-install them and see if it sorts it out. (you may have got a corrupt file on a shutdown...it does happen)

As you say in the main menu eveything is weird...do you mean corrupt graphics?? i.e. There all dodgy and garbled?

Sounds like it COULD be either drivers or your card, but hard to say as i'm assuming this doesn't hapooen in another game?

Have you just tried using the default skin and clearing the skin cache out in the settings menu?

Failing that, uninstall it again (make sure to backup your save game). Once it's uninstalled...manually go to programfiles and make sure there is no Sports Interactive folder. If there is delete it (as stuff is left behind even after a proper full uninstall) I'd also go to my documents and again make sure there is no sports interactive folder. If there is delete it. THEN re-install the game again. This will atleast make sure there is no duplicate files/corrupt duplicates from previous versions.

And you'll instantly be on a default skin.

Just because your laptop is new and you were playing this afternoon...it does not mean you cant possibly have a corrupted gfx file. :)

I'd at least try what i mention above, to make sure you are running a totally clean install of the game. As it may well be skin cache related too.

If this doesnt fix it, reinstalling your GFX drivers and direct X is a good place to start...it is a gfx related problem as i say.

It's all about the process of elimination eh! And you won't know it until you try.

Best of luck.

Just because your laptop is new and you were playing this afternoon...it does not mean you cant possibly have a corrupted gfx file. :)

I'd at least try what i mention above, to make sure you are running a totally clean install of the game. As it may well be skin cache related too.

If this doesnt fix it, reinstalling your GFX drivers and direct X is a good place to start...it is a gfx related problem as i say.

It's all about the process of elimination eh! And you won't know it until you try.

Best of luck.

Cheers mate but i wouldn't have a clue on how to re-install my graphic drivers.

Could anyone tell me where to find all files that are in FM so i can do a complete re-install?

I just did matey in my above post.

The main game will install into your program files directory, into a folder called Sports Interactive. The path will look something like this :-

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive

All your user files ..i.e. where your savedgames/replays/facepack etc go in your My Documents folder...it will be a path similar to this :-

C:\Users\XXXXXXXXX\My Documents\Sports Interactive

Note the XXXXXXX will be your user name.

Sorted Goerdie!!!

Did a full re-install, deleted all files to do with FM11 then put the game back on loaded it up and its all back to normal.

I'm guessing the problem could of been to these regen hair styles i downloaded a few days ago because i had to put them into the proper FM files.

Nice one mate, it was probably the skin cache then.

It had to be either the cache or ya drivers. I did also mention the skin cache in one of my posts.

Yeah sounds like it may well have been those hair do's. Dodgie barber mate...stay well clear ;)

Glad you got it sorted out mate. Play on!

Yeah, no worries man.

I use :-

facepacks

premier division logo pack

kit pack

Sound addon

Don't actually use background pictures if that's what you mean. All of the above stuff that i use is in the skinning section and easy enough to find :)

Feel free to PM (private message) me in here if you need any help.

Archived