Problems selling players

Just a quick question/moan - I know you can't sell players for a while after buying them (No offers due to player's reluctance to leave") even if they were signed by your incompetent predecessor.:( This has always annoyed me, as you get lumbered with a 38 yr old "decent" player on a massive wage sometimes. Nevertheless, I can kind of understand it.

My annoyance with this version is that my keeper has requested a transfer (I put him into the reserves for a day due to clicking the wrong button; I apologised, he accepted my apology, then remained unhappy; when I tried to talk to him the only available answers were aggressive/bossy; he has now stopped talking to me altogether). While this is already pretty ridiculous (just refusing to talk? It's not primary school), when I try to sell him I get no offers because it says he is reluctant to go!:confused: He won't talk to me, he's now "not getting on with" my captain, requested a transfer but can't be shifted! :mad::mad:

Anyone got any ideas? A bit of a weakness in the game IMO, that a player can request a transfer and be reluctant to leave all at once...

Keep praising him after matches, esp if he plays well.

Do a couple of press comments about him etc (praising).

After a few matches he should talk to you again.

This may in turn let you sell him. Although i'm not sure. All i can suggest is trying to get him happy again to see if this sorts the problem out.

I have been placing good players on the transfer market for FREE and I find it very difficult to sell players. They just rot in the reserves until their contract runs out. And it's not like they are just failing to agree terms with other terms, there are no offers. Examples ;

Keane (eventually sold for million or 2)

Bentley (impossible)

O'Hara (impossible)

Sandro (Does not really count because he can;t get a work permit)

Bassong (impossible)

I think the AI are having the same problem because they are selling world class players for peanuts. Examples;

Luis Suarez (I Bought 6M)

Balotelli (I Bought (7M)

Sergio Ramos (On transfer market 9M, no one is intersted!)

Selling players is impossible. I now only buy players with the intention of having them at the club for ever.

Archived