Should I wait new Patch?

You are always going to get different views on this question- its your game so be your own judge. At worst you can stop and wait but many people have no issues with the game

I'm curious – is it actually many people not having a problem with the game as in their transfers and player happiness work absolutely fine, or is the issue ubiquitous and people just don't mind it, ignore it or haven't experienced its craziest effects. Has there been an answer whether it's an inherent issue occuring for everyone – but with varying, perhaps even easily overlooked results – or a freak bug only some players have?

There are people on this forum that are having problems with the transfer system. They are unable to sell or loan out players. Then there are people that are having no problems at all with the transfer system. I'm one of those that was unable to transfer players or loan any out. No one wanted to buy or loan my players at all, but I was playing with DC United in MLS so that may have been part of the issue.

As much as I read so far, the game is full of bugs, so my question is, is it worth to start the game or its better to wait for new patch? Thanks for any advice

Wait for patch 3 or 4, depending on how long it takes SI to sort out this mess of a game. There are so many issues with the game at present it's not worth playing IMO - certainly not if you want to pursue a game career of any length. Excessive injuries, poor AI, nonsensical transfers, absurd number of red/yellow cards, schizophrenic player interaction, player morale issues, staff moving clubs every other week to name but a few obvious defects that I have experienced. Just look at the volume of reported bugs on the forum. All these things add up to make this game a pale imitation of what it could be. People who say this game is truly playable now are either blind or blissfully ignorant of all the things that are wrong with it.

Wait for patch 3 or 4, depending on how long it takes SI to sort out this mess of a game. There are so many issues with the game at present it's not worth playing IMO - certainly not if you want to pursue a game career of any length. Excessive injuries, poor AI, nonsensical transfers, absurd number of red/yellow cards, schizophrenic player interaction, player morale issues, staff moving clubs every other week to name but a few obvious defects that I have experienced. Just look at the volume of reported bugs on the forum. All these things add up to make this game a pale imitation of what it could be. People who say this game is truly playable now are either blind or blissfully ignorant of all the things that are wrong with it.

I don't agree that it is not worth playing.

Even after 3 patches the game will still have countless issues - it always does! There is no magical final patch that fixes everything - it will be improved but it will still have annoyances.

Just enjoy it now unless there is a bug you can't live with.

I don't agree that it is not worth playing.

Even after 3 patches the game will still have countless issues - it always does! There is no magical final patch that fixes everything - it will be improved but it will still have annoyances.

Just enjoy it now unless there is a bug you can't live with.

The transfer system bugs in a Football MANAGEMENT game are enough to be game breaking.

The transfer system bugs in a Football MANAGEMENT game are enough to be game breaking.

The game is never going to be remotely realistic.

Look back at the final patched version from every year and you will see flaws and faults everywhere, including a transfer system which has always been flawed in one way or another. It doesn't mean the game is 'broken' - it just means it is not very realistic.

I havent purchased FM new since 08 (previously brought every new game since Champ Man 2)but did buy 09 after the new year patch and skipped 10 completely. Personally my experience is that FM11 is the least buggy of the FM series at this stage for a long time. Saying that I realise most of the bugs in the game dont affect me greatly as Im a LLM type manager......

Id still say buy it cos its the best PC game on the market (and the less buggy ;) )

do people expect this game to completely mimic real life???????

THIS IS A MANAGMENT SIMULATION, not real life!!!

Don't state the obvious, we're not stupid. My point is that there are so many things wrong with this current version that it's impossible to immerse yourself into the world the game creates because it is ludicrous. 10.3 was not like that, so let's hope by 11.3 they've got this one somewhere near that.

Don't state the obvious, we're not stupid. My point is that there are so many things wrong with this current version that it's impossible to immerse yourself into the world the game creates because it is ludicrous. 10.3 was not like that, so let's hope by 11.3 they've got this one somewhere near that.

it is not impossible at all, now 4 seasons in enjoyed every single one!

stop being over dramatic.

As much as I read so far, the game is full of bugs, so my question is, is it worth to start the game or its better to wait for new patch? Thanks for any advice

Wait for the new patch imo... Theres no point in getting into a game only to have to patch it in a months time and having to restart all our hard work again. I really dont know why I buy the game on release anymore.. Next year I am going to wait until December.

• SI Staff
Wait for the new patch imo... Theres no point in getting into a game only to have to patch it in a months time and having to restart all our hard work again. I really dont know why I buy the game on release anymore.. Next year I am going to wait until December.

I'm four seasons in and I'm not starting over when 11.2 is released.

it is not impossible at all, now 4 seasons in enjoyed every single one!

stop being over dramatic.

Sorry, it's not impossible, but it's not as enjoyable or anywhere near as satisfying as it should be. Wait until the next patch and play 10.3 until then.

I'm four seasons in and I'm not starting over when 11.2 is released.

No offense Ter... but an SI employee wouldn't say if there were serious issues that bothered them or not. Not to mention, as far as we know you might be playing on 10.2 testing it. lol

But if you haven't tried it I dare you to try a save in a smaller MLS club, Colorado for instance. See how well oiled that is.

As for the OP's question... If you are easily frustrated or annoyed then certainly wait.

I regret having bought it so quick to be honest, just didn't expect to be a step back from 10.3 but it most certainly is. But since I bought it I still play it and I try to be objective on the boards as to what is good and bad. Thing is, there is more bad then good, when compared to 10.3.

Sorry, it's not impossible, but it's not as enjoyable or anywhere near as satisfying as it should be. Wait until the next patch and play 10.3 until then.

Who are you to decide how much fun i should be getting from this game? I have found the game very satisfying, easily the best FM yet, it just needs a few little tweaks and it will be almost perfect as a SIMULATION of football management.

• SI Staff
You've just ignored all the flaws for 4 seasons?

I've been using them to my advantage. Signed Beckham for Southampton and was over the moon. I couldn't really care less who other teams sign and for how much when I'm playing.

No offense Ter... but an SI employee wouldn't say if there were serious issues that bothered them or not. Not to mention, as far as we know you might be playing on 10.2 testing it. lol

But if you haven't tried it I dare you to try a save in a smaller MLS club, Colorado for instance. See how well oiled that is.

As for the OP's question... If you are easily frustrated or annoyed then certainly wait.

I regret having bought it so quick to be honest, just didn't expect to be a step back from 10.3 but it most certainly is. But since I bought it I still play it and I try to be objective on the boards as to what is good and bad. Thing is, there is more bad then good, when compared to 10.3.

Playing MLS wouldn't be a good thing to judge it on, due to other league specific bugs/annoyances.

Playing MLS wouldn't be a good thing to judge it on, due to other league specific bugs/annoyances.

So MLS specific bugs don't count against FM just because its less played? Any aspect or league included in the game should be held to the same standards unless SI just want to be asses to us yanks (no I don't think that's the case, just making a point). Granted the league itself has a number of rules that give the AI fits, that I'm ok with that as it was a problem with 10.3, it's all the other broken aspects that -weren't- broken in 10.3 that get on my nerves.

Take all the global bugs then tack them on top of the MLS specific bugs and it -ALMOST- is unplayable. I'll probably have to start over when the patch comes out because my teams goes in and out of numerous bugs, so if those bugs are indeed fixed my team will be pretty broken.

Playing with Foirentina, my favorite management team...

Won Serie A first season... Next season i came 2nd and won the Champions League final against Sampdoria !?! :D

Despite that unreal event, I managed to have NO offers for any of my players!! Well I should be happy about that I think, but for me the transfer system is one of the most important parts of management simulation...

Its like having intercourse but no orgasme!

Its like playing 90 minutes of fast football without scoring a single goal!

Its like a rollercoaster-ride in slow-motion!

If you are going to buy the game no matter what, then just buy it now. If the bugs that are currently in it annoys you too much, then just use the game as training for when the bugs get fixed. Get familiar with the new engine .. pay around with tactics, try out individual training and normal training. Just try stuff out ... and then when you think the game is good enough for a real career game, then you can do that.

At least that is how I am doing it :)

It is however very playable right now, so try it out, play around and get ready for the next patch arrives.

So MLS specific bugs don't count against FM just because its less played? Any aspect or league included in the game should be held to the same standards unless SI just want to be asses to us yanks (no I don't think that's the case, just making a point). Granted the league itself has a number of rules that give the AI fits, that I'm ok with that as it was a problem with 10.3, it's all the other broken aspects that -weren't- broken in 10.3 that get on my nerves.

Take all the global bugs then tack them on top of the MLS specific bugs and it -ALMOST- is unplayable. I'll probably have to start over when the patch comes out because my teams goes in and out of numerous bugs, so if those bugs are indeed fixed my team will be pretty broken.

No thats not what I've said at all. I would love for MLS to be fixed properly, I'm sure it would result in some fantastic saves.

I'm just saying that due to the nature of the MLS, it doesn't give you a balanced view of how FM11 is currently.

No thats not what I've said at all. I would love for MLS to be fixed properly, I'm sure it would result in some fantastic saves.

I'm just saying that due to the nature of the MLS, it doesn't give you a balanced view of how FM11 is currently.

one league maybe not running perfectly doesnt really affect 90% of FM users i would imagine,

Yeah, but I also didn't use that as a reason to not get the game... I just told Ter to try the MLS since he's so happy with it all. Just a touch of spite I guess, get annoyed by what I consider a lack of ethical behavior from companies (not Ter).

But there are a number of bugs around the game outside of the MLS that do have their impact, and not just the ones that have 10 new threads made for each day, little known stuff usually with smaller clubs.

one league maybe not running perfectly doesnt really affect 90% of FM users i would imagine,

See this is the thinking that made me say what I said to Edger...

If SI includes it as playable then it should get the same standard as any other league. If they don't want to give it that attention, that's fine, just don't make it playable unless you want that 10% to be upset.

It -shouldn't- matter how many people play what (even though it does), if it's included in the game it should work as intended. The real kicker is that some of the league bugs are so blatantly obvious it's hard to imagine what testing they did, or indeed if they did any.

milner, Martyr's post below is the perfect answer for this, so what if only 10%, hell who cares if only 1 person plays a league, if its in the game it should work.

If SI includes it as playable then it should get the same standard as any other league. If they don't want to give it that attention, that's fine, just don't make it playable unless you want that 10% to be upset.

It -shouldn't- matter how many people play what (even though it does), if it's included in the game it should work as intended. The real kicker is that some of the league bugs are so blatantly obvious it's hard to imagine what testing they did, or indeed if they did any.

Martyr, you are right, 100%.

I think (and this is just guesswork) that they struggle for testers from far flung reaches and possibly even those that do may be more likely to play EPL or something rather than their home league. And I guess if people are beta testing for free it becomes difficult to force people to play certain leagues.

Martyr, you are right, 100%.

I think (and this is just guesswork) that they struggle for testers from far flung reaches and possibly even those that do may be more likely to play EPL or something rather than their home league. And I guess if people are beta testing for free it becomes difficult to force people to play certain leagues.

Thanks...

That's another of my pet peeves about companies in recent times as well. Saving money by having the customers test the game for them and then it only hits a true release state after the first couple patches.

Just to be clear, nothing against devs and testers themselves, they just do (or don't do) what their bosses tell them. It's those bosses I despise for not letting games live up to their potential.

Thanks...

That's another of my pet peeves about companies in recent times as well. Saving money by having the customers test the game for them and then it only hits a true release state after the first couple patches.

Just to be clear, nothing against devs and testers themselves, they just do (or don't do) what their bosses tell them. It's those bosses I despise for not letting games live up to their potential.

Its not just SI (and I know you don't mean just them) its the industry.

I know that they struggle to get beta testers sometimes, which again is a shame because a game this size and with so many variables really needs to be put through its paces big time.

I also realise it can be difficult to understand but having been fortunate enough to meet Miles and through dealings with the rest of the SI team on here, one thing is clear. They are all passionate about making FM the best it can be and I reckon its a safe bet that they are as peeved as the rest of us that things have gone a bit pete tong this time.

I know its not what some want to hear, but I'm confident that by the time 11.3 comes around this game will be hailed as the best ever by the majority (except MLS players really :( )

lol... agreed

I was very happy with 10.3, just had a few annoying little things, nothing like this though. i bet 11.3 will as well.

FM10 was by first to be honest. But after seeing how 11 started out SI is going to be hard pressed to get my money again for a few years. This is what I wish management and producers would figure out, by half assing things they prevent a growing fanbase and don't really increase sales. Spend a bit more to get the games released in a better state and it wouldn't get crushed at release and make fence sitters avoid it.

But yeah I know all devs have passion for their creations, this stuff isn't easy, dealing with the bosses isn't easy, it's an art that takes desire to create, and most of all at it's core it's a great game... it could just be so much more.

i must be honest i dont really know what the major problems are with the MLS its not a league i will ever play but unless you are upto speed with MLS rules would you notice any difference?

I guess its a work in progress, lets not forget its only the past few 5-6 years that the MLS has really taken off popularity wise over in the states, less so over here so i would imagine at the moment it is not a priority, much like the A league in Australia. I would also imagine there will be less researchers involved from the states as it is not classed as a major footballing nation, not in terms of their domestic league at least. I suppose it would also depend on what licenses they have for the league and how upto date these are, or how willing the MLS is to realse full details of everything that goes on in their domestic league. I wouldnt say its just down to the fact they dont care about it they are maybe just not as familiar with how it works over in the states yet.

milner, Martyr's post below is the perfect answer for this, so what if only 10%, hell who cares if only 1 person plays a league, if its in the game it should work.

what exactly are the problems? Do they make the league completely unplayable or are they just annoying things that have been missed?

The injuries and cards won't be toned down because there is no problem. The game has a couple of issues but it is very, very playable. Think how many people have the game, then look at the tiny ratio that post on here.

what exactly are the problems? Do they make the league completely unplayable or are they just annoying things that have been missed?

Its mainly annoyances with contracts/draft rules etc. Things that you could possibly ignore, especially if you weren't au fait with league rules, but to me its far too annoying. I want to manage in the MLS for a different experience, but by different, I don't mean annoying!!

But again, the point is, SI have it as a playable league, therefore it should be playable and follow the rules of that league. If they can't implement it properly they shouldn't bother at all.

The injuries and cards won't be toned down because there is no problem. The game has a couple of issues but it is very, very playable. Think how many people have the game, then look at the tiny ratio that post on here.

Injuries are fine, but there are too many cards. I get a yellow for a small infingment on a player, within 2 minutes, when they are nowhere near a goal scoring opportunity. ALL the time.

There are way too many cards, because it happens too consistently.

Well it's technically not unplayable.. but it's most obvious bug allows for cheating. The team registration considering every player on the team to have a developmental contract instead of senior contracts, even though the dev contracts don't even exist any more. One of the main limitations to a MLS team is you are only allowed 20 senior contracts to be registered and I don't know if you know how the MLS works, but unregistered players don't stay on the team like other leagues. That have to be waived, released for a free transfer basically.

That is the plain as day one, is it unplayable because of this? No... but combine this with some other issues, some league wide and some just smaller clubs have, and you end up in a situation like me. Where the short of it is, if they fix this registration bug I'll either have to start over or be creative with my roster, because to work around other bugs I've technically cheated and have more then 20 seniors registered. Long story, I do try to stay at 20 as best as I can though.

Come off it! People re finishing games with 7 men and having the same sociopathic referee for 9 successive league games. Wake up.

SI Ter: I've been using them to my advantage. Signed Beckham for Southampton and was over the moon. I couldn't really care less who other teams sign and for how much when I'm playing.

As above, this isn't very encouraging coming from an SI employee

Archived