Getting crippled by international callups

I am getting killed by having 3 or 4 of my best players called up to play in international matches. My team is pretty thin (due to being in the MLS and wage caps) and I just can't handle having 3 players out playing internationals and, say, one out due to injuries - I'm one injury away from having no subs for a match and I'm already being forced to play with players in positions that cannot play at all.

Is there a way to prevent these players from being called into playing for their country? And if I can, will they be incredibly unhappy (I'm guessing they will?)

If it's a non-competitive game, you can stop them going. However they'll almost certainly get upset.

You can't do anything for competitive games.

I know this is true in Europe, I'm not sure about the MLS but I assume it's the same thing. Either way, I would not recommend stopping a player from being called up; it's often managerial suicide.

This has been happening for the last couple of years.

Earlier version's of the game,even going back to 97/98(when I 1st started playing)would postpone your match for another date if 2 or more of your players were away on international duty,now it seems it does not matter how many are away you still have to play your match.

In my Ipswich save I have brought players in from around the world to build up a very small squad,sitting top of the league and very proud I dread seeing an international match coming up,4 or 5 of my players are called away and I just have to field strictly bench material or reserve players.

It is a shame as this is when I drop points and it is strange that this has not been sorted even though people complain about it every year.

In real life if you look at the Championship during an international weekend you will see not many,if any,games go ahead as teams can not put out there best 11 because of the call ups,very strange this worked in earlier edition's of the game but got changed when the real life rule's stayed the same.

Archived