GRAYS 4-2-3-1 short fast passing, free scoring, rarely concede, nearly unbeatable!!

Hi

My first time posting a tactic please go easy :D

Ive played many fms & championship managers since 98/99, i have always enjoyed them, however since 2007 i have really struggled with time and tactics, and have often downloaded from this site to help me.

this year however i am currently signed off sick from work after a serious knee op so really took the time to try and test different tactics and i think ive finally found my (maybe not everyones) perfect tactic. granted holland is not the hardest league in the world so any body wishing to try this in england italy spain or even germany would be a big help for me, i have been told this is ideal for tottenham

in 3 seasons out of 4 using this i have won 3 DUTCH LEAGUES, 3 DUTCH CUPS, 3 DUTCH SUPERCUPS, 1 EUROPEAN SUPER CUP, 1 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

in my first season as psv i only managed 2nd playing a 4-4-1-1, hardly scoring hardly conceding a rather dull but fairly successfull tactic, after much tweaking and tidying my new 4-2-3-1 tactic is simply awesome, originally i had both my center mids as support and my rb and lb as fullbacks, this worked very well in its first 2 seasons but i really struggled in europe and often leaked goals and my strikers wernt scoring as often as they should.

however since making my rb and lb wing backs (support) and my one of my cm defensive, i now rarely concede and my midfielders seem to score for fun, particuarly my am and cm support, this showed tenfold in europe taking me to the semis of the champs league in my 3rd season and going on to win it in my 4th with results such as 4-1 wins against both utd and real

my friend is currently testing this with rochdale, he says it is working extremely well, (screen shot of this to follow) he also claims to have won the premiership in second season with tottenham using this and the fa cap ..i await his screen shot of proof.

but for me as psv it is simply astonishing and left me with a big smug look on my face, i would appreciate if people could test and give me any feedback they find good and bad.

you will need good win backs, good tackling, pace, stamina, passing, crossing, dribbling

dm- good tackling work rate, passing,

cm support, - strong passing, creativity and technichal ability, first touch,

am good dribbling, creativity, passing, first touch, finishing, ball control

wingers - dribbling crossing pace are essential

striker - finishing, composure, creativity, heading helps but not essential, pace

so here is some screenies the tactic will be at the bottom enjoy and good luck

pasttitles.png

resultsd.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

results2.png

and heres the tactic http://www.filefront.com/17554138/4-2-3-1 psv (PSV, Nov 2014).tac

enjoy and good luck

currentsquad.png

afonso and diaz are regens/newgens incase u did not reconise the name.

this squad is different to last season, i had a wonderkid st called willian barce have stole him :(

and i had a cm regen called vasquez who was argentina captain real have no stole him and granqvist, who i believe starts at grongigan he was a very solid swedish cb

babel is hit and miss to be fair 5 awesome games 5 average, dos santos is flying this year thankfully but albrighton was a star for me in that role (on loan) arabet and blasdzuk were superb for me there earlier on

champsleaguefixtures.png

LUKAS - these are the champs league results, the only two fixtures i edited the formation for was juventus away and utd away, i simpply droped the wingers back to make it a 4-4-1-1 however this just seem to invite teams to attack me so wouldent recomend it without tweaking

my biggest problem by far was getting my striker to score, david ngog done fairly well, my brazillian wonder kid did superb before i lost him and vela is thriving, but i do find its the amc that comes up trumps against big teams and the strikers seem to play a 6.8 ...

hopefully someone can help there?

4x0 in Real.. o_o

this tactic is hugely successfull against bigger, attacking teams, i catch teams on the counter ALOT..i previously had problems finishing the moves, vela now seems to have solved that although he is cup tied for champs league so well soon see if it was the the tweak or the player thats the difference

its the so called lesser teams that cause me problems i tend to snatch late draws..any advice is welcome

do you have a witty comment on the winning of the european cup or have you decided to ignore that as you can't be sarcastic?!

i also lost a dutch super cup does that still make me really awesome?

lol cheers dibbo

silverfiress - this is not a gloating post, its simply me sharing what i think is a good tactic hopefully to help some users like ive been helped.

hopefully get some feedback on ways to improve it also

Im gonna try this out...but for now...all im thinking is....

How the hell could you buy those "big" players....in 3 seasons??

Where did you get the money from? And how did those players want to leave their club for PSV?

Cheers!

basically ive looked for a bargain and effectively sold the equivalent of my budget every season (unfortunatly not by choice)

effectively leaving me close to breaking even, add champs league revenue, dutch cup revenue and the very small dutch league revenue, plus i get a gate of approx 50 + thousand every home game with very little debts.

there hardly big players to be fair most are only 3 stars rating, ive only spent little more than ive recived in the market over 4.5 seasons

the majority of my funds on rebuilding my team (20 million) came from having to sell affelay 7.75, dzudzcak 7.5 amrabat 5.25 as they wanted to move to bigger clubs

ive made big profits on unhappy players like sharbini, paid 900k sold 1 season later 4.9m, and rafinha paid 0 loaned out for a season 1.2m then sold for 4.5m

i can happilly provide screenies of my transfers and finances from day one if anybody is questioning my achievments??

drenthe, babbel, ramires, van persie, were all freebies, none of which were interested in me until their contracts had expired and theyd left the club.

van der vaart (no longer needed at tottenham) 1.7m, dos santos (no longer needed) 1.8m carlos vela 3m (no longer needed), witsel 3.5 (wanted to move clubs)

pastore cost me a small bomb, 7.75m as he was unhappy at palermo and ochoa for around 7 (wich my board negotiated) were my biggest signings

ngog was also a freebie before i sold him for 4 odd million 18 months later

i paid 4.8 million for a lad named vazquez (newgen) was argentina captain after 2 seasons with me i lost him to real madrid for 12.5

my biggest fee i paid was 9 million for a brazillian wonderkid striker willian, who ive lost to barca 7m loan 13 future fee ..

hopefully this will clear things up a little

summary2.png

ok ive just tried this in russia with cska, with spartak rubin lokomotiv and zenit i thought it would be interesting

since fm 2005 were i was very successfull, this is the most productive ive been on fm with my own tactic, by far, i usually need help and alot of it

ive played one season started at 10pm last night played right through the ashes untill 9am now ive had my nap (insomnia- one mans nightmare the football managers joy) ill upload this before heading to physio

i think this is all ill play as i dont like the dates the seasons run on, want to return to my psv save, it wasent as effective as in holland but still very effective, i think with a little tweak here or there with certain players, ill be a lot more of a force in europe and cups ( in quarter final yet to play )

i lost to rubin away in league, the other two losses were to poor sides i really shouldve beaten, drew 6 games but a league title only losing 3 times is still a good result

a few of my lads (full backs in particular) dident suit the formation so i would need to adjust or replace to suit them/me

but im still very pleased with the outcome

cskaleague.png

cskafixtures.png

ok this is my last piece of testing for this tactic on this patch as im itching to get back to my psv save lol, would really appriciate some feedback if anyones trying this, seems to be doing the trick nicely, my 4 losses are 3x 0-1 away from home. and a 0-2 loss at stamford bridge

LITTLE HINT

my friend said the tactic really flopped with rochdale,

however he said he changed passing from short to more direct and fluid to balanced iirc and removed the use of a play maker as he did not have a player with the quality to do it, he said it made all the difference and went on to win 12 of his next 13 games losing only to mkdons in fa cup..im awaiting his screen shots

leagueinjan.png

fixturess.png

transferstott.png

Only two games in to my rangers save , won both 4-1 and 3-0 as expected , i will post my findings after afew more games , just a couple of tweaks i have made are set crossing to drill across , unticked the playmaker and changed from fluid to balanced. I have only brought in a couple of aging players as i have no transfer money and have to work with the squad i have !

Only two games in to my rangers save , won both 4-1 and 3-0 as expected , i will post my findings after afew more games , just a couple of tweaks i have made are set crossing to drill across , unticked the playmaker and changed from fluid to balanced. I have only brought in a couple of aging players as i have no transfer money and have to work with the squad i have !

pretty much same as me first season, i only signed a pires, a great signing i got was sharbini from croatia for 900k

i was contemplating using balanced rather than fluid in europe so results of that will be interesting

as for drilling crosses, ive never played with crosses as i do not know how it affects you...eg is floating harder to defend, do u have to have good heading strikers.

for me with persie and vela the ball along the floor would suit them more should i try this?

Im playing with kenny miller as my striker , i seem to have a better crossing and goal scoring rate with drilling crosses and the striker or one of the wingers like to slide in but i guess it depends on what striker you have, give it ago i think it is better , let me no ? im also playing my 2 wingers on the wrong sides so left footed on the right and right footed on the left.

i tried to buy pires but he decided to go to a bigger club , i signed denilson 33 year old att mid and quinton fortune.

Europe will be the make or break , just been put in a group with inter , benfica and cluj , time will tell

pretty much same as me first season, i only signed a pires, a great signing i got was sharbini from croatia for 900k

i was contemplating using balanced rather than fluid in europe so results of that will be interesting

as for drilling crosses, ive never played with crosses as i do not know how it affects you...eg is floating harder to defend, do u have to have good heading strikers.

for me with persie and vela the ball along the floor would suit them more should i try this?

Im playing with kenny miller as my striker , i seem to have a better crossing and goal scoring rate with drilling crosses and the striker or one of the wingers like to slide in but i guess it depends on what striker you have, give it ago i think it is better , let me no ? im also playing my 2 wingers on the wrong sides so left footed on the right and right footed on the left.

i tried to buy pires but he decided to go to a bigger club , i signed denilson 33 year old att mid and quinton fortune.

Europe will be the make or break , just been put in a group with inter , benfica and cluj , time will tell

untill i built a stronger squad in europe i find bringing the wingers back to a flat 4 in a 4-4-1-1 helped, although a couple of times it cost, gonna try the drilling now

drew 1-1 with liverpool in my 1st game thought I stole it at the end but dempsey had his goal ruled offside

i hate it when that happens, or with 9 men (2 injurys in last ten mins after subs made) pulling level in the last minute then getting a penalty in 92nd and missing like just happened to me away at grongigan is equally a pain in the back side

i can provide screen shots of the profile of my top scorers for the last 3 seasons??

although ngog has moved on as to has my newgen/regen but can show the stats for the years they were at psv

that´s just for me to know from where the golas come from the tactic. Wingers, ST, AMC?

Could you post your goalscorers please?

it seems the pacey strikers are effective although ive not it tried yet with a target man style id be interested to try lukaku but way out of my league now hes into citys millions

this season

vela.png

Last

willianpsv.png

willian.png

2 seasons ago

gogstatpsv.png

thanks!!!! I asked cause I'm playing with kadlec//Ibisevic//Macheda up front(STC position) and most my goal are coming from my wingers and AMC.

i find the exact same thing although i tend to get plenty of goals from all over it seems most players pitch in

One thing i have been noticing is that my 2 full backs get pulled out of postion or a winger gets in behind them , im going to try tweaking this by setting my full backs to man mark with tight marking and my 2 centre backs to zonal with tight marking to no !

there currently set to wingbacks id guess going as fullbacks would stregthened the back four but leave you lacking on the counter

although if it strengthens the back four it could give you more freedom to play with the front 4

hows it going after your tweaks

2nd game lost 3-1 at home to aston villa

1 good result 1 bad interesting,

what did you find with your 3-1 loss anything that stood out straight away??

do you think it maybe too fluid etc for mid table sides and maybe set as balanced perhaps?

adam church a few posts up is trying a interesting tweak with his back four, perhaps you could also set the supporting mid to def mid also?

Archived