Agression

Does a 20 in Agression mean that the player will be susceptcal to getting more red cards and go in harder rather that an aggression attribut of 1. In all my years of playing cm/fm I always thought it did . However in the latest downloadable guide from I found the following quote

'There are side-effect to both settings though: If you're overly aggressive (especially with players who have a low Aggression attribute), you're going to get cards in the match

Can anyone clarify if a low number in aggression means he is less aggressive (ie less cards) and a high number more agressive (ie more cards) and this guide in incorrect or not

Aggression is often confused with the Dirtiness hidden attribute. The two are linked in that a high Aggression stat combined with a high Dirtiness stat will result in Thomas Gravesen-esque lunacy. A high Dirtiness stat combined with low aggression will just see the player committing plenty of cynical little fouls instead. Whilst it is true that a high Aggression stat may result in an increased number of yellow cards, it has its benefits too.

Aggression relates more to Bravery, Strength and Determination in the game mechanic, as far as running with the ball and running without the ball - all three stats combine to create a player that "busts a gut" to get on the end of a pass, as well as a player who will throw himself in front of a tackle or battle physically in midfield.

The player is also more likely to shrug players off the ball, drive into the box from deep, win running jumps etc.

For me, I often find the three stats useful for a Winger surprisingly, especially in the lower leagues. An aggressive winger seems much more likely to try to beat his man and get to the byline. The above is just my analysis of the stat, I cannot be sure of its implementation exactly but I believe it's fairly close.

So is a player with a attribute of 1 for aggression a high agressive player or a low aggressive player .The quote that I provided seemed to make out that a player with 1 for aggression was more aggressive than a player of 20 whereas I thought a player of 20 would be more aggressive

an aggressive challenge will still see a player get booked, so dirtiness is not the only decive factor but it is the one which will see more bookings as a high dirtiness attribute will see the player making more cynical and dangerous challenges.

an aggressive tackle in real life sees the player win the ball and go through the player.

a dirty tackle in real life sees the player miss the ball but still go through the player

So is a player with a attribute of 1 for aggression a high agressive player or a low aggressive player .The quote that I provided seemed to make out that a player with 1 for aggression was more aggressive than a player of 20 whereas I thought a player of 20 would be more aggressive

20 is high (the maximum), 1 is low.

The guide is wrong, put bluntly :p

Archived