It's impossible to score from penalty?!?

I think my percentage of scoring penalty is 20-30%. But this season(third as Juventus) i didn't score not even one http://i55.tinypic.com/ao6mu0.jpg

Look at this 2 consecutive consecutive games http://i54.tinypic.com/wciav5.jpg - vs Atalanta http://i55.tinypic.com/2vb0uno.jpg and vs Parma http://i55.tinypic.com/mwfz4o.jpg

And the guy who takes them(not bad i would say) http://i52.tinypic.com/23lh7o1.jpg

In the first part of the season Marchisio was the taker(with the same result)...and all penalties were off the target(not saves by the GK).

Make sure you are patched to 11.1.1

Was terrible with 11.1 indeed but not seen any issues with PK's since 11.1.1

It's still an issue in 11.1 but nowhere near as bad.

Martyr is right, check you're fully patched but I believe it is an issue SI are looking at currently.

i play lower leagues, league 1 at the moment and the ammount missed is enough to drive any manager loopy. now i wouldnt mind if they were on target and saved but the ammount that go wide or over is beyond a joke. i would expect any amatuer player to be able to get the shot on target at least 80% of the time, so pros doing it maybe 4 times out of 5 is some sort oif joke

Surely Penalty taking is not the only attribute that comes down to taking penalties (I'm sure it'll explain it around here somewhere), I would've thought Composure & maybe Decisions too (???)

Finishing, Important Matches (Hidden), Technique as well I'd imagine, as well as match "mood" (complacency/disinterested/fired up) and fitness levels effecting concentration.

Or I might be reading too much into it. Can't hurt to cover all bases.

All I know for sure is Penalty Taking and Finishing are the two attributes that definitely make an impact as defined in the set piece creator.

i play lower leagues, league 1 at the moment and the ammount missed is enough to drive any manager loopy. now i wouldnt mind if they were on target and saved but the ammount that go wide or over is beyond a joke. i would expect any amatuer player to be able to get the shot on target at least 80% of the time, so pros doing it maybe 4 times out of 5 is some sort oif joke

This is one skill that even a weekend football player can excel. And a top line professional might struggle with. My BSN players with greater than 10 PK's just dont finish; the opposition almost always score. SI over corrected for FM 2011.

Lads! I'm still out of my mind. Take a look at Jadson at shakhtar with 20/20 on penalty taking attribute. But the guy misses every second penalty!

This is just miserable. Or maybe he needs a psychologist? I think I do now.

this is what i mean. he should be getting at least 4 out of 5 on target and then most of them should go in. playing in league 1 and seeing my team miss 6 out of 8 in a season is also a joke, 5 of them were wide!!! even the striker for the royal oak sunday team could do better!

I've got the most recent patch and this is an issue for me. The last five times a team of mine has won a penalty it's failed to hit the back of the net. In total I'd say the conversion is rate is 30-40%, which is probably half of what it should be.

For you. In FM 2010 the human managers players barely missed; its just the opposite in FM 2011.

For you. I have only played the demo so far and I've had a few penalties but only a couple have been missed as in the goalie saving them. The players taking them as well have not been huge in the attribute for Penalty Taking either.

Surely Penalty taking is not the only attribute that comes down to taking penalties (I'm sure it'll explain it around here somewhere), I would've thought Composure & maybe Decisions too (???)

I would say so as well, Johnny. Maybe Technique could be an important one for taking penalties as well.

Penatly Taking is only an indication on how accurate they are in taking penalties which means that they could just be blasting it at the keeper. BUT Combine this with Composure and Decisions (possibly Technique as well) then it will make a better penalty taker as he'll be able to place his penalties better. It's like Free Kick Taking - you could have a player with 17 Free Kick Taking and 10 for Technique and another player with 15 Free Kick Taking and 14 for Technique. To me the better player to pick would be the second player because even though he's not AS accurate as the first, he's got more of a chance to bend the ball around the wall or hit it up and over the wall because his Technique is a lot better, so he's got decent accuracy for Free Kicks and decent Technique combined to make a decent free kick taker.

So to me it's definately not a "bug" about the penalties.

Finishing, Important Matches (Hidden), Technique as well I'd imagine, as well as match "mood" (complacency/disinterested/fired up) and fitness levels effecting concentration.

Or I might be reading too much into it. Can't hurt to cover all bases.

All I know for sure is Penalty Taking and Finishing are the two attributes that definitely make an impact as defined in the set piece creator.

Can I ask how you know for 'sure' how finishing effects the likely success of a penalty? As someone like Dennis Irwin may counter that logic.

Well if finishing doesn't have an impact you can be sure composure has a huge impact and a lot of times that is the missing number from players I've seen.

prior to 11.1.1 my PK guy had made 1 of 5 PKs, 1 was saved and 3 just plain missed.

Since 11.1.1 the same guy is 100% with them.

That alone tells me there was a bug and it's been resolved. But this is not a top world star type player, only has PK 15... MAYBE there is some kind of bug for higher level players, but that seems unlikely as it would be a difficult manifestation even for a bug.

Trouble scoring penalties, I can relate to that.My wrexham side are yet to score from 3 oppoturnities, on the positive side is that the opponents have missed both of theirs.Maybe I should put one of my players to individually train penalties, like my assman allways suggests in the staffmeetings.WBRMati

So i finished Serie A(as Juventus) and i didn't score not even one penalty, it must be a world record...my takers this season were Marchisio(15 penalty, 14 Composure), Giovinco(17 penalty, 12 Composure) and Sanogo(14 penalty, 17 Composure!!!), all great players...so 0% from the white spot(i hope this is the right word, english not my first language)

http://i51.tinypic.com/w6qi5i.jpg

I'm in season 4 now and Giovinco is putting the ball into the net every time! The only diference from the last season was that now he in his individual training focus has "Penalties", although he is still on 17(penalty taking), and 12 (Composure)..so the same attributes. It seems to matter - individual training focus- and not necessarily the attribute ... http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/500/31637434.jpg

Not right because now he waste 10% of his training on this silly training(because he already has 17 penalty)...

Archived