Tutoring / Personality

I am trying to get my senior players to tutor my younger players but a lot of the time my younger players say they are not interested in learning from them. So I am just wondering if anyone knows is there is a list somewhere that says what personalities matchup for tutoring purpuses

There isn't.

But do they flat out refuse??

I have tried twice in my current game, and after suggesting the youngster to learn from the old guy, he said that he didn't really want to work him. But after using the option where you say "I'm positive that it would really improve your game". In both instances the youngster agreed.

I think the reluctance has to do with the tutor not having any PPMs. Like in FM10 when the youngster afterwards says in a news item that he is unsure of the benefit. This he says every time the tutor does not have a PPM.

I've actually tried saving and reloading to experiment with this a bit.

Had a player say he didn't want to be tutored by the vet. So I tried all three of the 'convincing' options. He flat out will not work with the guy.

The youngster has a balanced personality so I'd expect that to be the easiest to work with since it's not on any extreme of the spectrum and the tutor is professional.

Yet another example of how over restrictive the tutoring system is now, imo.

Archived