How are Coefficients calculated

I've been playing with Bayern for 5 years now, in each season I have won every title, including the Champions League. Yet I see other teams that have a higher coefficients rating than I do.

ranking is sorted based on last season. Overall I am #1 when looking at the past 5 years, but I dont understand why I don't have the highest ranking last year. Same goes for Germany. I mean I am still behind Italy in the rankings?

screenshot20101123at341.png

• SI Staff

Your co-efficient total is based on games won and your nation co-efficient is also included.

It's probably likely that Real Madrid, Barcelona and Lyon won more games than you that season.

arent coefficients supposed to be based on performance in european competition alone? You can't really look at wins in their league since not every league has the same amount of games.

also, just finished 14/15, won CL again, beat Real on the way to the final, they didnt win La Liga, and yet passed me in overall rankings... I am sorry but something appears to be wrong with the calculations. In League rankings in Real Life Bundesliga is 3rd as of today, just ahead of Serie A, in my game after so many successful seasons I am a good 15 points behind in league rankings...

screenshot20101124at124.png

I understand that ranking is based on all teams, but still... unless all german teams didnt pass the group stage, which did not happen as there were teams that came as far as semi finals in both uefa euro league and champions league.

You have to check how the other german clubs are doing.. the coefficient is the amount of points won in Europe(it's still 2 for victory and 1 for draw) divided by the number of teams that go to Europe, so even if you are doing great in CL but the other german teams are doing crap you won't be getting past Italy.

Archived