Football Manager 2011 vs Fifa Manager 2011 - What makes one better than the other?

Because I paid for both games and I would like your opinions on why Football Manager 2011 is better in your minds.

Here are my thoughts on both games thus far:

Pros of Football Manager 2011

Better AI (i think)

More realistic transfers (if the transfer system actually worked)

Realistic 3D gameplay on the pitch (can't get the CPU AI to score a goal against me)

Better interface

Cons of Football Manager 2011

3D graphics are hideous on pitch

Transfer system is flat out broken

Not as much extra fluff as Fifa Manager 2011

Pros of Fifa Manager 2011

3D graphics are superb on the pitch

Transfer system is realistic and it works

AI is decent, but not as good as Football Manager 2011

Interface is 10x better

Alot of extra fluff, more assistants, more options than Football Manager 2011

Realistic 3D gameplay on the pitch (with a few tweaks to the ini files)

Commentary works good

Cons of Fifa Manager 2011

Tactics options are quirky and somewhat flawed

It takes tweaks with ini file to fix 3D gameplay on pitch otherwise AI doesn't score either

Game crashes sometimes

To me, there are a few MUST HAVES that need to work to make games like this playable:

1. A working transfer system - If it's broken, the game is pointless.

2. Nice interface - If the interface is clunky then it's nothing but frustrating

3. The AI has to be atleast somewhat smart out of the box.

Now while the AI is better in Football Manager 2011, the transfer system is atrocious. Fifa Manager 2011 has a good transfer system. This makes me want to play Fifa Manager more but I would like your opinions on why YOU THINK Football Manager 2011 is a better game.

Discuss.

Not meaning to be hyper-critical, but FIFA has no pros...

Can you atleast do me the decency of explaining why? You don't have to give a long story, just some key facts. I'm brand new to Football Management games so FIFA looks decent to me but thats probably because I'm new. lol

FIFA manager is very, very shallow compared to FM.

the whole tactic element is extremely dumbed down plus the 3d match engine doesn't even care anyways about the instructions you gave your team(which are already very little to begin with)

FIFA is just filled with meaningless gimmicks to cover the dull gameplay.

FM is more in-depth and realistic, the attribute system is better, the match engine is better, tactics creator is way beyond that what FIFA can offer(actually it's almost non-existent) and long term playability is far greater in FM thanks to dynamic league reputations and a way better regen system.

i've played the FIFA manger series for years and thought they were great, then i found FM09 and died a little inside, knowing that i've wasted all this time on an inferior product...

The only thing the fifa manager series had over all other management games was its 3D match engine. Unfortunately for EA they screwed up big time by allowing the most inept games development company in history (Bright Future) to continue to ruin the game. Now the Fifa Manager 3D match engine is so horribly broken (and has been since 2008) that it now resembles game logic that was around in football games back in the early 1990's on 16bit computers.

Don't get me wrong, it may still have excellent graphics and animations but at its core its atrocious. It has 3 year old bugs that Bright Future have been unable to fix, to the point that they rely on the playerbase to make their own 3d patches via the config file to get the game to resemble any form of football - which unfortunatley fails year after year because most of it is now hardcoded. To see how far its fallen just look at the community.... 3 or 4 years ago it was thriving just like football managers is today, now its completely dead. Even BF/EA's official forums for their latest incarnation is dead. You're lucky to see one post a day on there (and that'll be a complaint or rant) :D

SI introduced their 3D match engine into football manager just 3 years ago and its already a decade ahead of the cack BF continue to churn out.

The only thing the fifa manager series had over all other management games was its 3D match engine. Unfortunately for EA they screwed up big time by allowing the most inept games development company in history (Bright Future) to continue to ruin the game. Now the Fifa Manager 3D match engine is so horribly broken (and has been since 2008) that it now resembles game logic that was around in football games back in the early 1990's on 16bit computers.

Don't get me wrong, it may still have excellent graphics and animations but at its core its atrocious. It has 3 year old bugs that Bright Future have been unable to fix, to the point that they rely on the playerbase to make their own 3d patches via the config file to get the game to resemble any form of football - which unfortunatley fails year after year because most of it is now hardcoded. To see how far its fallen just look at the community.... 3 or 4 years ago it was thriving just like football managers is today, now its completely dead. Even BF/EA's official forums for their latest incarnation is dead. You're lucky to see one post a day on there (and that'll be a complaint or rant) :D

SI introduced their 3D match engine into football manager just 3 years ago and its already a decade ahead of the cack BF continue to churn out.

I'm debating on buying Football Manager 10 (should be pretty cheap now) and playing that until SI fixes the transfer system in this years version.

I'm debating on buying Football Manager 10 (should be pretty cheap now) and playing that until SI fixes the transfer system in this years version.

I'm new to football manager myself (football manager 2010 was the first one I got), before that I was an avid fifa manager fan from TCM04 to Fifa Manager 08 and one thing I've learned in the short time I've been here is that SI actually listen to their customers and constantly try to fix/improve the game, unlike BF whose PR is actually worse than their game these days! So I have no doubt SI will have the transfer system fixed soon, hopefully in the next patch which is only a few weeks away :D

I'm new to football manager myself (football manager 2010 was the first one I got), before that I was an avid fifa manager fan from TCM04 to Fifa Manager 08 and one thing I've learned in the short time I've been here is that SI actually listen to their customers and constantly try to fix/improve the game, unlike BF whose PR is actually worse than their game these days! So I have no doubt SI will have the transfer system fixed soon, hopefully in the next patch which is only a few weeks away :D

The only thing is that we don't know if the patch is a few weeks away..it could be after christmas. But after looking and comparing the features between FM2010 and 2011 the only real differences that I'm seeing is the player interactions and reputation system, right? Can I still have private conversations with players in FM2010?

Archived