FM11 vs FM10 - What differences are you seeing

As with each year, I buy FM and it feels quite a bit different than the year before but not before too long the differences become blurred and I feel like I am playing FM again. Nothing wrong with this at all, just my perception.

Anyone feel the same or, even after having played FM11 for a few weeks now, does it feel drastically different and you feel like you own a totally new game?

Massively different, mainly due to bugs. A couple new and significant ME AI bugs but the biggest difference is a board with more control and less control for us.

But it stands out especially for me because I primarily play MLS and that league has many issues in 11 that 10 didn't.

Better in FM11 than in FM10:

- Transfer/contracts negotiations

- Introduction of agents

- Match preparation

- Possibility to train specific attributes

Better in FM10 than in FM11:

- Player interaction

- Interaction with other managers (was easier and more simple)

Not many differences:

- Press conferences

- The "new" set piece creator is not new, it's just a redesign

This was all I remembered for now.

The only real problem I have with this game is the fact that every single break away you get you know you are not going to score. I haven't seen anyone score one. It is really annoying. However, I find the overall game very very enjoyable. The main difference I like is the interactions, as well as the Dynamic League Rep, I am already seeing changes in it in some of my saves.

The only real problem I have with this game is the fact that every single break away you get you know you are not going to score. I haven't seen anyone score one. It is really annoying. However, I find the overall game very very enjoyable. The main difference I like is the interactions, as well as the Dynamic League Rep, I am already seeing changes in it in some of my saves.

eh, I've scored from plenty of them. and my strikers are rubbish!

The biggest change for me so far is the contract negotiations. Much more of a negotiation process, and the real-time/instant negotiations is far more sensible than the old way where you'd make an offer and hear no response for a few days.

Surprised that the 'team meeting' seems to be missing from player interactions, though - or have I just missed it? (Pretty sure that my run of 2 points from 9 games was bad enough to trigger it if it's there, but there was nothing available in the interaction screen for my captain or vice-captain)

Archived