Can't recall or send back players on loan...what the hell! (FM10)

Ok im talking about FM10, couldnt find anywhere to post this specific to FM10 so please move this if its in the wrong place.

Ok what happened is this. Im on the verge of winning my first scudetto with Fiorentina and have suddenly had an injury crisis. So I want to recall one of my young strikers out on loan (Babacar), however I can't.

Now when I inititially offered Baba(car) out to clubs on loan I made sure to request they include the recall clause, however I have no option to recall the player now when I look at the options for him (whereas another player ive loaned out I offered out the same way, and it does allow me to recall him...).

So because of this I got so frustrated that I couldn't recall Babacar, and rightly so, so I decided to add a manager of the team he was at (Ascoli) to send him back. And guess what I can't even terminate his loan at Ascoli (and no fees were involved in the loan agreement, only wage contributions).

And guess what, to **** me off even more, I can prove that the option to 'terminate loan' exists because I have the option to do it with one of the players I have on loan at Fiorentina! It makes NO SENSE!

It seems utterly illogical, please help!

Im pretty sure that the clause was put in, I definately requested that anyway (doesnt look like its ever shown on the players contract details page mind).

I can't see a way to find out about a fee though it was at the start of the season, and seems to have been removed from my news by now. Though im 90% sure no fee was involved (I certainly didnt request one).

Even if for some reason though I can't recall him, why on earth can't I terminate his loan as manager of Ascoli (I can terminate another of my players loans!)?!

Im pretty sure that the clause was put in, I definately requested that anyway (doesnt look like its ever shown on the players contract details page mind).

I can't see a way to find out about a fee though it was at the start of the season, and seems to have been removed from my news by now. Though im 90% sure no fee was involved (I certainly didnt request one).

Even if for some reason though I can't recall him, why on earth can't I terminate his loan as manager of Ascoli (I can terminate another of my players loans!)?!

You can go to your transfer history and look at players that have gone out. Loan players will still be on the leis and it will show a fee if there was one involved :thup:

Ok so are we saying the rules are that if a fee is involved then the parent club can't recall them (I knew that) AND the host club can't even terminate the loan early should they wish?

I'll check my transfer history to see if a fee was involved now, and if there was and if the above I've just said is true, then that would explain a lot of things

On transfer history (fiorentina, transfers, then history) it just says 'loan' by each of their names so that doesn't explain anything.

Anyone know because I really wanna get to the bottom of this, just can't understand especially why I can't even terminate players loans.

If a fee was involved, then I can't see it shown. Anyone help?

you may have offered them with the recall loan option but did Ascoli actually put that in the negotiations or did you just press accept loan offer without looking at the offer? I have found that teams do not always put this in first time even if its being offered as part of the deal. If that clause was not there then you have no chance, also depending on when the transfer window closed will also affect when you can send players back.

Yes I might not have looked at Ascoli's offer I guess, so I guess that could be the reason why I can't recall Babacar.

But that still doesn't explain why I can't terminate his loan as manager of Ascoli though? As a test I've managed to recall a different player and have the option to terminate another players loan contract, despite not being in a transfer window now, so that can't be part of the reason in FM10.

Does seem very odd, and as I said before I can terminate the loan of one of my players Ive currently got on loan!

Yes I might not have looked at Ascoli's offer I guess, so I guess that could be the reason why I can't recall Babacar.

But that still doesn't explain why I can't terminate his loan as manager of Ascoli though? As a test I've managed to recall a different player and have the option to terminate another players loan contract, despite not being in a transfer window now, so that can't be part of the reason in FM10.

Does seem very odd, and as I said before I can terminate the loan of one of my players Ive currently got on loan!

But have you tried it at the exact same point in the season? There is a window where you cannot recall or terminate loan deals after each free transfer window if i remember correctly.

Not sure about that bud, never heard of that kinda window :). And anyway it can't be because I've just recalled a different player, and at the same time tried but still ain't able to terminate Babacars loan from Ascoli.

This really is puzzling me, and id not only like to find out the reason, I could do with Babacar for the run in!

You can't terminate a loan if a fee was paid.

You can't terminate the loan if the clause wasn't included.

In some leagues you can't terminate a loan outside a transfer window (or certain dates).

I'm sure there was a 4th reason as well but its slipped my mind at present.

You can't terminate a loan if a fee was paid.

You can't terminate the loan if the clause wasn't included.

In some leagues you can't terminate a loan outside a transfer window (or certain dates).

I'm sure there was a 4th reason as well but its slipped my mind at present.

I'm guessing reason no.4 is that you can't terminate a loan already in the game at start-up, but that doesn't affect the OP.

Edit: After re-reading the OP I'm guessing the problem is the outside transfer window clause, as from him saying that hes on the verge of wining the scudetto it must mean it's after January. I do believe that loans in Italy can only be recalled in the transfer windows.

Archived