4-1-1-2-2 Promotion, Promotion, Promotion

Hi Guys,

I've created this tactic following the work of Jamesh2k who put me on the right footing for tweaking and adapting to my own needs.

Using this tactic I've managed to get my Port Vale side 3 promotions in 3 seasons and am now sitting pretty in the Premiership. The most I've ever spent on a player is £5k so as you can imagine this should be a fairly srtong, balanced tactic.

It's not going to win you any high scoring awards but in my experience it's certainly solid, both at the back and up front.

It's never been tested with any other team however so I'd be interested to see how you get on with it if you'd like to give it a try?

The tactic is below:

9ss1tw.png

The tactic was created using the tactic creator.

The roles for the players are as below:

GK - Goalkeeper

RB - Full Back Automatic

LB - Full Back Automatic

CB - Central Defender Defend

CB - Central Defender Defend

DM - Anchor Man

CM - Deep Lying Playmaker

RW - Winger Support

LW - Winger Support

RCF - Deep Lying Forward

LCF - Advanced Forward

I've tweaked the Anchor Man role only slightly to stop him man marking and mark the zone instead. The theory behind this was to provide cover all across the back line and not just pick up the man infront of the back two. This is because the two advanced wingers don't track back as much, therefore the anchor man will cover their space if a full back starts to dart past them. It works quite well.

That being said, I've outlined the main attributes you would need for each position:

GK - Shot stopping, Handling, Jumping

RB - Pace, Stamina, Crossing, Tackling, Work Rate

LB - Pace, Stamina, Crossing, Tackling, Work Rate

CB - Pace, Heading, Tackling, Strength, Composure

CB - Pace, Heading, Tackling, Strength, Decisions, Positioning

DM - Strength, Stamina, Work Rate, Teamwork, Tackling, Heading, Positioning

CM - Passing, Creativity, Tackling, Work Rate, Teamwork

RW - Pace, Dribbling, Crossing

LW - Pace, Dribbling, Crossing

RCF - Pace, Passing, Creativity, Finishing

LCF - Strength, Pace, Finishing, Heading

Here is the download link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/432676904/4-1-1-2-2_Slick_Slick__Port_Vale__Jan_2013_.tac

Any advice/feedback is appreciated.

No OI's, I prefer to let the opposition to worry about my players and find that using OI's can disrupt the balance and structure of the side as players are too busy worrying about getting the opposition on their weaker foot or closing down often/diving in and this affects their normal role. Feel free to experiment yourselves though, I just haven't had much success with OI's.

I don't tend to utilise shouts either, occasionally if I find myself a couple of goals down (very rare) I will change my philosophy from Standard to Attacking, and if It's a close match I'll change to counter for the last 10 minutes.

The results from the end of my last campaign (promoted to the Prem):

kdvdr4.png

New download link:

http://www.filefront.com/17555018/4-1-1-2-2 Slick Slick (Port Vale, Jan 2013).tac

Bill, did you tweak the original squad in the first couple of years much? I'm not asking for specific transfers, but how much of the original squad did you have after getting promoted from L2? Just curious. :thup:

Anyway, thanks for sharing and I'll give this a go myself.

;)

If you can get promoted with the side Port Vale have, Im sure Ill have no problem winning the league with Crewe

Dear dear. You're letting your envy creep into sim games? Stereotypically sad reaction from an Alex fan.

:rolleyes:

To be honest, not that much, most of the squad I kept, only brought in a new keeper, new striker, backup centre mid and two new centre backs, but that majority of those signings were because I couldn't offer my old squad new contracts as I was over my wage budget so had to bring in new cheaper ones!!!

I'll see if I can find my transfers from L2 to L1 as I've taken the Arsenal job now so not sure I can view them?

Ok, I don't know about you but when I started losing a couple (this was early on in the tactic by the way, before my team became fluid in it) the players morale would hit rock bottom.

I found the way around this was to say absolutely nothing to them in the team talks either before, during or after the game.

The only exception to this is to always say well done after a win, say 'have faith' at half time to players who have scored.

See if that makes any difference, it certainly does to morale.

do you use oi and what type of team talks do you use ?

I don't use OI's as I feel it disrupts how the team play, however if you want to experiment and maybe use them on oppositions danger players then try it an let me know how you get on.

Download link is here.....

http://www.filefront.com/17555018/4-1-1-2-2 Slick Slick (Port Vale, Jan 2013).tac

Mart, glad it's started working for you mate, knocking out a league team can't be sniffed at, especially 4-0 away from home!!

I just switched to this tactic with my Annan team in Scotland. I'm in March of season one and we're slapbang in mid-table and have been on a poor run. Our three games before I went to the tactic were all defeats. We also have a horrendous defensive record, conceding an average of almost three a game. Since switching, I've won two out of two, conceding just once. Two matches doesn't really prove anything but I hope it's a sign of things to come and that this tactic is as good as it initially seems! I can go to bed with a feeling of contentment now!

Any chance of a more indepth explanation of how you approach team talks?

Mike, glad you've had some, albeit limited success with it.

To be honest the teamtalks bit I stumbled upon. I found that after a loss, no matter against who it was, always led to poor morale, often dropping from superb to poor or very poor for the next match. This was becuase I was telling the players, quite rightly I thought, that I was disappointed with a defeat.

I'd tried sympathising if it was a stronger team, I'd even tried saying well done for draws, basically any combination of team talks, including pre-match I just couldn't seem to get right, I'd either manage to inspire my players to play pathetically with the wrong pre-match or half time talk or I'd manage to plunge their morale to new depths after every game.

So, eventually, I just decided to say nothing, figuring it can't be any worse than saying the wrong thing.

What I found was quite the opposite.

I now say absolutely nothing to my team before a game and will only speak to individuals at half time if they've scored (telling them I have faith). After a game, I'll tell them all well done if I win, tell individuals they are fantastic if they get above an 8 and will say absolutely nothing if I lose or draw.

I've found that this helps keep morale to a maximum, stops us getting a first half hammering and stops the dramatic second half turnarounds that always used to plague my games (where despite being 3/3 nil up and coasting you suddenly have a shocking second half and either draw or lose the match).

Just made it three out of three with this tactic! Won 4-1!

I often find when trying other people's tactics that it doesn't matter how good they say it is if they don't give you an idea of how they approach the management of morale, so thanks for that. I've been saying "for the fans" before the match, nothing at half-time except to individuals who've scored and then "well done" after the match with comments to individuals who played well.

My first season in the Prem I ended up leaving my Vale side for Arsenal before a ball had been kicked.

Had a fairly shocking run in the cups, losing in the qualifying stages of the Champs League (drew 1-1 at home and the 0-0 away to Anderlecht, out on away goals, gutted!!), the semi's of the Euro Cup, the 3rd round of the League cup and the 5th round of the FA.

I did however manage to pip United to the league title. Beat them 5-1 away, last game of the season to take it on goal difference. That, for a City fan, was pure unadulterated joy!!!

eao8s8.png

Yes, I did mate, and I think that's the reason for going out of the Champs League so early, because they were my 2nd and 3rd games of the season and my players weren't used to the tactic at all, didn't have the greatest of starts to the season, very mediocre. By the end my players were fluid in the formation and managed to go on some fantastic runs. Arsenal fans weren't happy that Spurs beat me home and away mind you.......

Archived