Vidic wants to deck me.

Ok, the long of short of it is.....Vidic was my team captain for UTD. I then went on to give the armband to another player with a much higher influence rating (and recommended by coaches), and woah did Vidic hit the roof!

He made it public that he was very unhappy at the decision, wants to leave the club, requested a transfer request (declined) and now won't even talk to me in private chats (after the last one in which some things were said!).

I'm trying to mend the relationship with him now buy telling him how brilliant he has been playing in the post game team talks but to no avail.

How do I get my best centre back to be friends again? :-)

Unfortunetly, this is what most players do if you take thier armband nomatter what, there is 99% of the time never any reasoning either. In my case it took the player a full season and a half to get back to just being personally happy with the loss of his captaincy, they still play okay and luckily in my case no other player in the squad really botherd about it except the new captain was delighted and was more suited to the job so the team improved under his leadership.

Ha Coincidence,before the full game came out I did precisely the same thing on the demo and he did the same.i reserved his ass for his overreaction fined him whenever possible(which was lots as he kept missing training) so for a coupla months he wasnt even paid.teach him the big git.

I've just had a player request a transfer on his first day with the club.

He was one of those $0 asking price players and only young, so I signed him up and his squad status is 'hot prospect'. Normally I sit those guys in the reserves, sometimes youth team if they're young enough.

I actually had 2 of them, I dropped them both into the reserves when they arrived, they both got upset and wanted to talk. With the first guy I said 'show me you deserve 1st team', he's like 'ok'. The next guy I said the same thing and he blew up, so I said he was being unprofessional and that was it he demanded a transfer.

I rejected it of course, he can rot away in my reserves. If his wages were higher I'd sell him but I can afford to leave him there.

You thought this would be a good decision because your staff told you to do it didn't you?

Did you have any feeling that perhaps your actions would annoy your captain?

Why would you make him captain if in future you remove it?

I never remove a captain unless I am planning to sell them or they are no longer a 1st team player.

The vice captain role is far less coverted - I use that for the best influenced, and the captain slot for a club legend - someone who's been there years, or will be there years.

Archived