Club turning from Semi-Pro to Professional. What are the benefits?

Is everyone missing the main benefit here, or is it just me? :D

Your players will train full-time as opposed to being semi-professional, part-time players! :thup:

But my players are already on full time contracts and training as such.

When does the club decide to go Professional?

But my players are already on full time contracts and training as such.

When does the club decide to go Professional?

I think they decide that when they think they can afford it ... as you WILL see a huge rise in the demanded wages by the same players you are currently paying the same full-time, as you would on part time contracts.

F.x. I took Bath City from BSS to L2 ... at my second season in the BSP the club turned professional. My wage budget almost increased 50%, which was great as my top earner at the time (on full-time contract) got £450pw. Problem was that the best guys soon started complaining about this, and wanted 700-900/week. Some of the ones on contracts of 200 and below, now wanted between double and tripple their former salaries.

So there is a downside to it .... that being that you could risk having to lose a very good player because he wants too much (and thus others want parity) and you haven't got the budget to increase everyone's contracts.

Is everyone missing the main benefit here, or is it just me? :D

Your players will train full-time as opposed to being semi-professional, part-time players! :thup:

The OP said most of his players are on pro contracts therefore I guess can be set a full training schedule despite not being a fully professional club?

Players are already on pro contracts and training in full time.

So what other benefits are there?

As others have said ... your reputation might go up and as a fully professional team, some players might consider signing for you, that you couldn't get as a semi-pro team.

So how can you exactly become professional club in a league that is only semi-pro? I played several seasons in Northern Irish Premier league, won everything possible domestically, did well in Europe (for a club of that stature), and all my players and staff were on full-time contracts. Yet I couldn't develop the club more, as no better players wanted to join me because I was only semi-pro club...

Archived