A Manchester United 4-4-2 Downloadable Tactic

I am not a fan of downloadable tactics, purely because I like to make my own tactics and have great success with them, but I am happy to make my 4-4-2 tactic available for download for anyone who likes to download tactics and for those who are not very good at making their own.

This tactic is designed and based on the Manchester United squad that starts the game on FM11.1.1 but can be used with any team that is a strong and competitive force in it's respective domestic league. Basically follow the guidelines below to ensure you get the most out of this simple but effective 4-4-2 formation.

The Breakdown

Formation

The formation is just a standard 4-4-2 line up with 1 goalkeeper, 4 defenders, 4 midfielders and 2 forwards.

ManchesterUnitedManUtd_Tactics-1.png

Player Roles & Duties

GK: Goalkeeper/Defend

DR: Full Back/Support

DL: Full Back/Support

DCR: Central Defender/Cover

DCL: Central Defender/Stopper

MR: Winger/Attack

ML: Winger/Attack

MCR: Ball Winning Midfielder/Defend

MCL: Advanced Playmaker/Support

FCR: Deep Lying Forward/Support

FCL: Complete Forward/Attack

The players that fit this formation & the player roles & duties are shown in the line-up below.

ManchesterUnitedManUtd_Tactics-2-1.png

Team Instructions

Philosophy: Rigid

Starting Strategy: Control

Passing Sytle: Default

Creative Freedom: More Expressive

Closing Down: Press More

Tackling: More Aggressive

Marking: Zonal Marking

Crossing: Float Crosses

Roaming: Default

Individual Instructions

The only individual instructions I use are setting both centre backs to "Man Marking".

Specific Instructions

All on default.

My success

I led Man United to the treble in my first season with this tactic. Second season we won four trophies including the Premier League. The tactic dominates many games and I rarely concede too many goals.

Conclusion

If you are interested in starting out with Man Utd, why not give this tactic a try and see how good your side can do.

You don't have to be Man United to use this tactic. It can work with a number of big clubs. Why do I say big clubs? Because you need the players to fit the right roles & duties and you need the skill to be able to play a control strategy & be more expressive to win the games you might not win on a normal tactic.

I am not saying this is a revolutionary tactic, but it has done well for my Man Utd side and I am happy to share with others.

Give this a go and post your results here.

Thanks for reading & best of luck.

Download Link

• 4 weeks later...

Archived