Saving your game then coming back to it ..... ARE YOU SERIOUS

At Barcelona - and I won the league and champs league last season. Start of next season I drew 5 games in a row, against Mallorca, Almeria, Malaga and other lowly teams. With players in starting line up including C.Ronaldo, L.Messi, E.Dzeko, B.Kirkic, D.Villa, Neymar, F.Ribery, J.Masch, G.Chilleni, S.Kjaer, P.Lahm, G.Pique.

Went on to lose 2 games then - and was 8th in the leauge - 12 pts behind Real Madrid, who had scored 28 goals and conceded 1.

Players lost confidence in me. Players voiced concerns. I addressed them. I changed the tactics slightly, altered the training, brought in new coaches, gave players different roles in the team etc.

All of sudden - I started winning again. Beat Real 3-0. Back on top of the league after 17 games and I'm 4 pts clear and a massive goal difference (and trashing Madrid will help at end of season).

But players are still unhappy.

Yeah try telling that to the current Chelsea team... ;)

Chelsea this season so far in the league

5 wins

1 loss

1 win

1 draw

2 wins

1 loss

1 win

2 losses

So that's a long way from 14 wins followed by 5 losses

In fact after their initial 5 wins their losing streak lasted only one game.

I think runs of form (both positive and negative form) are far too great in FM.

Its unlucky, i had a 14 game unbeaten run winning 10 of them and then we lost 3-1 at home to Swansea (i was Reading), its not un-realistic, over-confidence? Bad luck? Wolves have played really well most of the season but seem to get nothing from each game :L

Thats a very rare occurrence.

Not a season by season thing, a la fm.

There is one REAL LIFE EPL season every year. There are millions of FM EPL seasons every year, you do the maths and the statistical probabilities.

OP I note you didn't open a thread when you were winning 14 in a row? Who were the last team IRL to win 14 in a row?

There is one REAL LIFE EPL season every year. There are millions of FM EPL seasons every year, you do the maths and the statistical probabilities.

OP I note you didn't open a thread when you were winning 14 in a row? Who were the last team IRL to win 14 in a row?

Arsenal.....

I noticed a pattern like this in last years FM and it has continued in to this years. When I re-load a save, it's almost as if previous form counts for nothing and you have to build up again. I know it sounds ridiculous but there is a possibility that this is a real bug and it's a fact that more and more people are saying that they are noticing this happening when they load a save. Why, instead of humouring the OP like Neil did in this thread, don't SI get their testers to research the possibility that this may be a real issue?

I know a lot of people are quick to shout "BUG!" to every tiny issue that they come across in the game and I understand SI must get frustrated by all the negative feedback that is unjust from people who are just having bad luck in the game and are blaming it on the game itself, but some issues brought up in this forum deserve actual investigating.

I noticed a pattern like this in last years FM and it has continued in to this years. When I re-load a save, it's almost as if previous form counts for nothing and you have to build up again. I know it sounds ridiculous but there is a possibility that this is a real bug and it's a fact that more and more people are saying that they are noticing this happening when they load a save. Why, instead of humouring the OP like Neil did in this thread, don't SI get their testers to research the possibility that this may be a real issue?

I know a lot of people are quick to shout "BUG!" to every tiny issue that they come across in the game and I understand SI must get frustrated by all te negative feedback that is unjust from people who are just having bad luck in the game and are blaming it on the game itself, but some issues brought up in this forum deserve actual investigating.

Considering this is bought up maybe 20-30 times a year don't you think it has been investigated? And debunked. Time and again.

SI do listen and they do investigate. They won't always respond in here but if its logged properly in the bug forum it will be looked at.

Between 10 February 2002 and 24 August 2002

Exactly, 8 years ago. But many of us will get such winning streaks and not bat an eyelid. But wait til a game is lost. Right time to start a new thread in GD!

I hope you see where I'm coming from.

You make a good point edgar, people over look unrealistic things that go in their favour quite a lot on FM.

I think my point about the number of seasons is much more prevalent, but as for overlooking stuff, we are all guilty of it. Most of us are able to take the rough with the smooth though without the need to open a thread. There really should be 'rant' sub forum.

I once had lost 14 in a row and saved it and quit out of frustration. The next time I played I won my first 5 games.

SI needs to look into this because it isn't fun to win like this. I want to feel like I accomplished something instead of just saving and reloading to win.

It is sure is but an even better point is the rant forum, I would use a that forum for sure.

I'd love a rant forum. That would be great! :D

I find it funny that the only thing people can think of to explain the poor form of their team is that they saved the game and then loaded it up again! Like SI put some kind of special code in the game to change your form every time you load up a save! Now, why would they do that? :rolleyes:

Archived