Man U in both the Champs League and the Euro Cup

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t239/bababui_2007/00manu.jpg

In my first season. Im playing in the BSN..having added Leigh Genesis as the 22nd club after the Illkeston fiasco and I am using fictional players to make the challenge a little harder. I have almost all the other playable countries and most of the leagues loaded.

Has anyone else seen this in their games?

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t239/bababui_2007/00manu.jpg

In my first season. Im playing in the BSN..having added Leigh Genesis as the 22nd club after the Illkeston fiasco and I am using fictional players to make the challenge a little harder. I have almost all the other playable countries and most of the leagues loaded.

Has anyone else seen this in their games?

Man Utd have qualified for the Champions league in 4th, so would go into the Champions League 3rd qualifying round. If they lose that, then they go into the Euro Cup. If they win, they go into the group stages. Or at least that's the way I read it.

As for Blackburn, yes they would still play in the Euro Cup. I can't remember who it was, but a similar thing has happened before in reality. Same as if a Championship team had won the FA Cup, they would then qualify.

Man Utd have qualified for the Champions league in 4th, so would go into the Champions League 3rd qualifying round. If they lose that, then they go into the Euro Cup. If they win, they go into the group stages. Or at least that's the way I read it.

As for Blackburn, yes they would still play in the Euro Cup. I can't remember who it was, but a similar thing has happened before in reality. Same as if a Championship team had won the FA Cup, they would then qualify.

I know that's where Man U would end up if they lost the QR. But I found it odd that they would also get a slot in the Euro Cup and not the next best non-qualifier??

Thanks for the Blackburn info. :)

As I read it:

Champions League - Chelsea, Man City, Birmingham, Man U (qualifying)

Europa League - Blackburn (FA Cup winners), Everton (5th place), Tottenham (6th place, because Birmingham won the League Cup and finished 3rd)

Man U only gets into the Europa if they lost the CL qualifier.

England only has 3 Europa League slots anyway.

As I read it:

Champions League - Chelsea, Man City, Birmingham, Man U (qualifying)

Europa League - Blackburn (FA Cup winners), Everton (5th place), Tottenham (6th place, because Birmingham won the League Cup and finished 3rd)

Man U only gets into the Europa if they lost the CL qualifier.

England only has 3 Europa League slots anyway.

OK. I got it wrong then. Thanks for clarifying things. :)

Another oddity was that Blackburn won the FA Cup but was relegated. Are they allowed to play in the Euro Cup?

They are. This has happened IRL with Dunfermline Athletic back in 2007- they reached the Scottish Cup final and lost to Celtic, and they were relegated in the league. However, they still got a Europa League spot. It's happened to other clubs elsewhere as well, and in one of my saves a Prem Club (not sure, but I think it was Sunderland) got relegated but also won the FA Cup and played in the Europa League the next season.

Archived