11.2 Patch Release?

When is a 11.2 patch likely to be released?

I've got a game here I paid £25 for, which I don't want to play, until a decent patch is released fixing the transfer system. I'm currently running the 11.1.1 update/hotfix - for me the rest of the game is playable, its just the transfer system which ruins it entirely for me, with world class players being sold for peanuts, which they replace them with well-below average replacements, leaving the game very easy after 3-4 seasons in.

Will this patch materialise before Christmas? Is that likely?

Cheers

Its in one of the blogs from Miles himself and has been said in almost every 'when is 11.2 out' thread so just have a look around the forum.

OK, I have been looking around, but to be honest, there is alot of new threads being created daily from customers complaining about many aspects of the game, that it is quite difficult to navigate around this forum at the moment and find exactly what your looking for.

If you could point me in the direction of these threads, it would be greatly appreciated.

Great thanks.

Reading up, I saw:

This year, we were planning on two updates. One in December to fix any issues, and one in February/March to update the transfers.

Two patches? Is that 11.1 (11.1.1) and another in February/March to update the transfers? Or are they are of problems with the plan to release another patch this December.

between dec 16-22

Good timing that, just before the Christmas holidays. Hopefully, the transfer system will be vastly improved. I take it changing something as vast and complicated as the transfer system would require a 'new game start'? Rather than a continue on a previous save?

11.1.1 was a hotfix dealing with some issues that were fixed between the demo release and release of the full game, not a full patch.

Unfortunately, like many fixes, some of these seem to have had a knock-on effect to other areas of the game, such as player unhappiness which has knocked on to how managers handle players and subsequently knocked on to the transfer system. So not an easy fix, but usually they issue a big one before Xmas, then another mid-late Feb, all of which are save-compatible.

lol and the fact that set pieces get reset every 3-4 games. i just conceeded in the last minute against newcastle because my winger was marking their center midfielder and if it hadnt of reset i know for a fact my winger would have been on the post and i wouldnt have of conceeded. i dont like it when people say this but the game for me is becoming un playable because how am i suposed to enjoy this game when im getting ****ed over by a problem within the game and NOT within myself.

The game will be brilliant after the third patch, just like always. The best ever, just like always. Don't know why I don't wait to buy the new version until after the third patch each year, but I always pre-order and put up with three months of wishing things were better while enjoying a perfectly playable game.

But once the third patch comes out, it's honey and bisquits for nine months. :)

The game will be brilliant after the third patch, just like always. The best ever, just like always. Don't know why I don't wait to buy the new version until after the third patch each year, but I always pre-order and put up with three months of wishing things were better while enjoying a perfectly playable game.

But once the third patch comes out, it's honey and bisquits for nine months. :)

Same here, i'm sure FM2011 is gonna be great once it has been properly patched. I also always buy the game immediately once released even though i know it won't be playable until x-mas patch. Makes me wonder why SI doesn't postpone the release instead until it have been finished.

Same here, i'm sure FM2011 is gonna be great once it has been properly patched. I also always buy the game immediately once released even though i know it won't be playable until x-mas patch. Makes me wonder why SI doesn't postpone the release instead until it have been finished.

Because they can't see the bugs in their games.

When patched I think this will be the best FM of the entire series, until then however it's pretty useless and I'm never going to buy the game again until December .

This has been discussed a thousand times before on here, but how the issues were never picked up in testing is beyond me. They must of released the game knowing about this.

When patched I think this will be the best FM of the entire series, until then however it's pretty useless and I'm never going to buy the game again until December .

This has been discussed a thousand times before on here, but how the issues were never picked up in testing is beyond me. They must of released the game knowing about this.

There as to be a cut off point though colarado you should know this as you've been around here along time,im not saying that makes it right but thats how it is if the game was delayed the moaning etc would be twice as bad

OK everyone. I think its clear what many of us are feeling: The transfer bug (unhappiness, unrealistic players being xfer listed, etc) is too prevalent and unrealistic and it ruins the game so much so that we don't want to play it. I agree.

SI, though they've been relatively quiet, have acknowledged this and we can be sure they're working on it.

So: It would really help to ask someone from SI to chime in with a (non-binding!) status update from their end. Even though you're still working on fixing this, since so many of us are simply ignoring our brand new game, an update would go a long way! Do you expect a Hot Fix for this? Would you guess a Fix will be issued before the 11.2 patch expected around the holidays? Are you planning on fixing it for the 11.2?

Just give those of us who aren't playing FM an idea of the time frame here. We appreciate your efforts and work, but we deserve some updates since, for us, the game we purchased is unrealistic and unplayable. Thanks!

OK everyone. I think its clear what many of us are feeling: The transfer bug (unhappiness, unrealistic players being xfer listed, etc) is too prevalent and unrealistic and it ruins the game so much so that we don't want to play it. I agree.

SI, though they've been relatively quiet, have acknowledged this and we can be sure they're working on it.

So: It would really help to ask someone from SI to chime in with a (non-binding!) status update from their end. Even though you're still working on fixing this, since so many of us are simply ignoring our brand new game, an update would go a long way! Do you expect a Hot Fix for this? Would you guess a Fix will be issued before the 11.2 patch expected around the holidays? Are you planning on fixing it for the 11.2?

Just give those of us who aren't playing FM an idea of the time frame here. We appreciate your efforts and work, but we deserve some updates since, for us, the game we purchased is unrealistic and unplayable. Thanks!

Totally agree, just a definative answer on:

1. Will the transfer system be corrected in the new patch?

2. And, will that new patch be released before Christmas day?

Thanks

Totally agree, just a definative answer on:

1. Will the transfer system be corrected in the new patch?

2. And, will that new patch be released before Christmas day?

Thanks

How many times do people need to be told honestly come on !! im sure the SI team will be working on getting the transfer system better for 11.2 and 11.3 and its been said a thousand times the next patch will be out december sometime

Why do people go and rush buying fm each year knowing the same is always going to happen.

Seriously you know the score people, never a shock horror, oh my god the game is not running as it should be because we need patch's.

People will never learn, they just complain about the obvious.

Why do people go and rush buying fm each year knowing the same is always going to happen.

Seriously you know the score people, never a shock horror, oh my god the game is not running as it should be because we need patch's.

People will never learn, they just complain about the obvious.

I'm happy with the game as are thousands of people.

I'm happy with the game as are thousands of people.

I'm happy as well buddy, but every year the same old people with the same old cliche's and you dont need to be a rocket scientist to work out the game needs fixing here and there.

The game is playable and if people really thought about what they expect from any pc game, it's a known fact 99% need patching over many months, the people complaining want a free bug, no patch pc game, never going to happen, sometimes i delay buying certain games until they have fixed alot of issues, called common sense.

I'm happy as well buddy, but every year the same old people with the same old cliche's and you dont need to be a rocket scientist to work out the game needs fixing here and there.

The game is playable and if people really thought about what they expect from any pc game, it's a known fact 99% need patching over many months, the people complaining want a free bug, no patch pc game, never going to happen, sometimes i delay buying certain games until they have fixed alot of issues, called common sense.

Makes sense to me - sensible post. :thup:

What absolute nonsense.

People complaining about FM don't want a patch free, bug free game, they want an FM game that doesn't come with such horrendous bugs that it's just no fun playing it, for a lot of people, especially a long term game. They want to know why such horrendous bugs made it through Q&A and they want to know why the beta testers were then blamed for it (what a cop out from SI/SEGA). What I/we want is a game that isn't broken in one of the major parts of it, that being the transfer system.

To suggest this is acceptable and that people who buy it, talk about, or complain about these issues have no common sense and expect some sort of 100% perfect game is a sweeping statement and pretty antagonistic tbh, and just because you accept it, doesn't mean everybody else that complains expects some sort of holy grail of FM games that is bug free, we expect bugs, yes, but not the glaringly ridiculous ones that slipped through Q&A. I've been playing the FM/CM series for years and if you're playing with a top team, this IS the worst release of FM/CM for bugs that leave you with one of the most unrealistic FM games ever

I fail to see how you can say cynets post is sensible, Gillsman. It's bordering on trolling.

The week FM came out it went to the top of the PC game chart.

The second week CoD came out and that went to number 1, pushing FM to #2.

Last week (week 3) FM went back up to the top.

This game sells in massive volumes but I feel like the game should be free based on the amount of input and testing the community is expected to do.

To have one of the biggest selling game franchises in the world released with this many errors and bugs is an embarassment. Don't forget this game sells every 12 months. For the last few years it hasnt been 'fixed' until at least December.

Bring it out in December, don't bring out a broken piece of software and expect the community to beta test it and then expect the same community to keep buying it year after year.

People pre-order and they hope it will be fine. It never is. SI are like football agents in the way they make money from our love of football.

How can anyone say the game is fine when superstars are going for 0?

It's fine but when you get City releasing Mario B or offering Silva out for 0 it's totally unrealistic and ruins the game.

Because not everyone getting this

The week FM came out it went to the top of the PC game chart.

The second week CoD came out and that went to number 1, pushing FM to #2.

Last week (week 3) FM went back up to the top.

This game sells in massive volumes but I feel like the game should be free based on the amount of input and testing the community is expected to do.

To have one of the biggest selling game franchises in the world released with this many errors and bugs is an embarassment. Don't forget this game sells every 12 months. For the last few years it hasnt been 'fixed' until at least December.

Bring it out in December, don't bring out a broken piece of software and expect the community to beta test it and then expect the same community to keep buying it year after year.

People pre-order and they hope it will be fine. It never is. SI are like football agents in the way they make money from our love of football.

You my friend, come across as an idiot. Nobody at SI expects people to input and test the game, bloody hell, look at companies like EA - do you think they give a crap about who provides input? At least SI care.

Now if you want a freeware football manager game, go make one yourself. If SI don't expect people to buy the game year after year, then you need to live up to your side of the bargain. Don't buy it. But don't go out there, buy it and cry when it doesn't work exactly how you expect.

SI are like football agents? Christ, I've heard it all now.

Thats true but a lot of people are. The point is NOBODY should be getting this.

Well yeah in a ideal world but thats just how it is robbo its not like implanted these so called bugs in certain copies is it and it was just luck who got the good copies

Agreed. Balotelli and Silva are both available for transfer on my game and have been for nearly a season but they have a 24 million and 18 million price tag which nobody has been willing to pay yet.

Balotelli gone to liverpool in mine 7 million not great i know but better then moving for £0 dose't put me off playing the game its by far the best fm yet

How many times do people need to be told honestly come on !! im sure the SI team will be working on getting the transfer system better for 11.2 and 11.3 and its been said a thousand times the next patch will be out december sometime

Sorry, but I have much better ways of spending my life, and time, than scouring through forums for scraps information on a broken product. Hence why I opened up a thread to get the information I wanted, quickly and precisely. It may have been said 'a thousand times', but I had not heard that information once (and many others probably have not either) until the blog was pointed out to me yesterday (in this thread).

Sorry, but I have much better ways of spending my life, and time, than scouring through forums for scraps information on a broken product. Hence why I opened up a thread to get the information I wanted, quickly and precisely. It may have been said 'a thousand times', but I had not heard that information once (and many others probably have not either) until the blog was pointed out to me yesterday (in this thread).

Fair enough then steve then dont play the game mate take it back get a refund or trade it in

theres always fifa manager or cm :rolleyes:

Well yeah in a ideal world but thats just how it is robbo its not like implanted these so called bugs in certain copies is it and it was just luck who got the good copies

No its not good luck who got good copies. Everybody has the same game. They dont release different versions with a different ME or whatever. Everybody has the same game with the same patches installed. I think where it differes is probably the leagues you have loaded and which league you play in.

You may play lower league with only England loaded. Players in Spain wont get upset as easily because there is no detail in that league or them games. So you wont see as many problems.

I have England down to league two and also the top division in Belgium, Italy, Holand, Spain, France, Portugal, Germany and Scotland all playable. The games in them leagues are all detailed and not simmed so the game has to implememnt scenario's into it like more manager interaction with its players and so on. Players in a manageable detailed league will get unhappy quicker than a player in a non playable simmed league IMO. Thats my theory on it anyway.

From what I can see, the majority not experiencing problems are either managing lower league so dont notice which high profile players are being transfer listed or offered out, or they have minimal leagues loaded and probably on view only and not playable.

No its not good luck who got good copies. Everybody has the same game. They dont release different versions with a different ME or whatever. Everybody has the same game with the same patches installed. I think where it differes is probably the leagues you have loaded and which league you play in.

You may play lower league with only England loaded. Players in Spain wont get upset as easily because there is no detail in that league or them games. So you wont see as many problems.

I have England down to league two and also the top division in Belgium, Italy, Holand, Spain, France, Portugal, Germany and Scotland all playable. The games in them leagues are all detailed and not simmed so the game has to implememnt scenario's into it like more manager interaction with its players and so on. Players in a manageable detailed league will get unhappy quicker than a player in a non playable simmed league IMO. Thats my theory on it anyway.

From what I can see, the majority not experiencing problems are either managing lower league so dont notice which high profile players are being transfer listed or offered out, or they have minimal leagues loaded and probably on view only and not playable.

ive 25 leagues loaded with 78.000 players loaded up all them leagues are playable and ive not seen half problems mentioned on here

• Administrators

As we've said elsewhere we're aware of an issue in regards to unhappy players being transfer listed at their value. It's something we're most definitely looking into for the December patch, however as it's such a large area of the game with the potential to have knock-ons elsewhere, it's not a quick or easy fix. Cheers.

As we've said elsewhere we're aware of an issue in regards to unhappy players being transfer listed at their value. It's something we're most definitely looking into for the December patch, however as it's such a large area of the game with the potential to have knock-ons elsewhere, it's not a quick or easy fix. Cheers.

Neil i think its really worth making a sticky on this, and other bugs/issues you have come across and are looking at for December, At the very least it might cut down on the number of threads asking the same every 2 hours

We know it's going to be fixed, but the real question is, how was this missed?

We know it's going to be fixed, but the real question is, how was this missed?

Why ask... isn't pretty common with gaming developers in recent years to let their customers to a lot of the basic testing. In house testers just make sure the game works, is playable, and core things work to a decent degree (ie not crashing every 2 minutes etc) all the real detail stuff is left to customers playing to find it. Nothing against the testers or devs at SI, it's just how management does things to save money.

The transfer market and other bugs technically 'work' but they have flaws under the surface that are only visible with deeper real play, not cursory testing.

when people say "not everyone is getting this" -- do you mean some people's games, for whatever reason, don't have this transfer problem at all? or do you just not mind it?

if i start a new game is there a chance my new save won't have it?

i think depending on what leagues your choose to run and which team you manage can make a difference, i have played 3 seasons in scotland and not experienced any of the main transfer grumbles but then i have no interaction with bigger teams and players.

Archived