ill get by with a little help from my friends

idiot, recently reinstalled windows as i had lost my reboot disk and this was the only way i knew to get rid of the plauge of viruses i had. Anyway i kept putting off validating it as i would have to move my pc downstairs to the internet connection or ring up microsoft. I forgot to do it, tryed to power up this morning it wont let me on until i validate, i cant just connect it to the internet as i need to set up the connection and cant do that as i cant get on the pc, vicious circle.

Can someone please tell me how i can copy the contents of my hard drive, mainly as it has a very long fm career on there, then ill reinstall windows and validate straight from the off. thanks in advance

idiot, recently reinstalled windows as i had lost my reboot disk and this was the only way i knew to get rid of the plauge of viruses i had. Anyway i kept putting off validating it as i would have to move my pc downstairs to the internet connection or ring up microsoft. I forgot to do it, tryed to power up this morning it wont let me on until i validate, i cant just connect it to the internet as i need to set up the connection and cant do that as i cant get on the pc, vicious circle.

Can someone please tell me how i can copy the contents of my hard drive, mainly as it has a very long fm career on there, then ill reinstall windows and validate straight from the off. thanks in advance

Im not 100% sure but if you re-install windows it should give you the 30-day activation time. Just make sure not to format the drive when installing it again.

Like I said, im not 100% certain it will work but I think it should.

ok, i didnt you dont have to format the drive when installing, it was my only otion last time, i tried every anti virus under the sun. i wont hold it against you it it doesnt work and lose it, because if i hadnt got a response i would have just reinstalled and started a new game.

Archived