Game too Easy???

1st season with Spurs and ive only signed a back up left back and a 4th choice striker so its pretty much the basics and ive won the league and reached the champions league final! To make it worse im 20 points clear of 2nd placed Liverpool who are managed by my girlfriend who has very limited knowledge of the game and is clueless about football! Man U and chelsea almost mid table!! whats going on???

1st season with Spurs and ive only signed a back up left back and a 4th choice striker so its pretty much the basics and ive won the league and reached the champions league final! To make it worse im 20 points clear of 2nd placed Liverpool who are managed by my girlfriend who has very limited knowledge of the game and is clueless about football! Man U and chelsea almost mid table!! whats going on???

I have been asking similar questions and I don't know what to add to your case other than keep plucking away. The one thing I did was change my training schedule to hard and it has given me a bit more to think about because players are getting more injuries. I'm also wanting to really enforce wage limits in my second season. My club gave me a huge wage bill for the first season and they have pretty much given themselves a headache so I actually have little choice but to cut the bills.

One thing I will say for you is that you are Tottenham and they're not exactly a poor team. I know winning the league by at least 20 points is pushing it but have to ever considered starting at the very bottom or at least picking a top flight team that is predicted to struggle?

I'm just trying to be as hard on myself as I can this next season. I didn't win the league or anything in season one, but I didn't ever feel like I was having a hard time of it. I'd been lucky and signed good players who had peformed, so perhaps I am good at picking that key signing. I might not have them this year. There's a lot of interest in my squad and my key midfielder looks like he's going. It was too good an offer to turn down considering the club's finances.

Basically I think you need to impose limits or drop down to where the game can get a lot harder. Sometimes the game gives you limits that are unrealistic (SI want people to be successful after all - how many would buy a game that was so hard it wasn't fun) so try and ignore them and impose your own...if you can.

Hope you can find the game you're after. Good luck.

The idea to add a wage limit or something is an idea but not sure if it will keep me intrested in our game. I do normally start at the bottom but my girlfriend was only really intrested in buying players so she needed money and went Liverpool and I didnt want to get shown up at my own game so went Spurs. The fact that all the big teams ie Man u Chelsea and Man city have been so poor is crap and very unrealistic for season 2010/2011?!!

I think FM might be a tad too easy aswell. Never ever have been relegated for example, and I have been playing for years and years. Only once or twice when I tried to get a team out of trouble close to the end of the season with several points from safety.. I always hope the next episode is more difficult, but according to your post FM11 still isn't..

Like I said in another thread - I pay attention to details, bother with micromanagement all the time and I am more than successful; but my little brother who never adjusts more than three sliders is also successful - he has won EPL with Liverpool in his first season, then Champions League in his second, the same things I achieved. Of course, his goal difference wasn't as good, but I doubt real world owners would give a damn about it. Not that I am suggesting he could manage a team of school kids, just saying game is way too easy.

Archived