How does speed of FM11 compare with FM10 for you?

I'm running exactly the same leagues/database as I did on FM10 and the game is running far slower for me. I struggle to even open up an IE window up whilst FM11 is running whereas last year, the game and computer both ran fairly reasonably.

Everything just feels alot more unstable when run the game is running.

Is anyone else finding this or do you find there is little difference in speed/response between FM11 and FM10.

Cheers!

What factors can affect this? I understand difference between PC's but the difference between the two games on the same set up on the same computer?

RAM, version of Windows installed (32 or 64 bit), CPU, hard drive space, overall performance degradation on an older PC, task manager processes still running... all sorts.

It's hard to know. I imagine that FM11 will be slightly harder on your PC than FM10 but the difference is negligible. My increased speed might be simply because I've been more diligent in keeping the PC tidy in the last few months via defragging etc.

The new game runs slightly quicker for me.

i have a QuadCore Q9550 which is a good CPU but FM10 never ran fast.

I always run Italian (top 2) Spanish (top 2) and England (down to BSP) with a Large database.

I like the speed to be at least 4 out of 5 stars.

I hate FM fanboys telling nonsense

FM11 is very unstable and runs a lot SLOWER than FM10

The fanboy in my case must be my computer then.

That's the one showing me it's going faster, on my system.

Not an opinion, it's a fact. That doesn't mean it goes faster for everyone. Really depends on your system.

If this is a blatant obvious sarcastic post, then i apologize.

If not...well.....then i guess i don't ;)

I've been more diligent in keeping the PC tidy in the last few months via defragging etc.

Defragging your harddrive on a regular basis isn't as important for new PC systems as it once were, so it's more or less a myth that it would change anything.

As for me, I'm running the game on an old Acer Aspire bought in 2007 (albeit with a better gfx card and harddrive) with three leagues running. As background programs running I have mIRC, Norton and Firefox - to name a few - and the game runs just fine. I don't claim to be a computer expert but it's safe to say I've done something right and you're doing something wrong.

FM11 seems a bit faster, but it's hard to tell as I've loaded other competitions and leagues as I did in FM10, and I'm not sure if there's more data involved or not.

The startup of the game and the loading of my savegame is al lot slower though. But I'd rather have that part slower than the actual game.

I think the speed is fine. I always use many more leagues than reccommended so I'm used to waiting a while for the data to be processed. 3d-match is quite speedy aswell at low detail, as long as the crowds stay small (I think there's a link, it gets a bit stop-and-go at times with big crowds), although I have only a half star at "3d-compatability".

Defragging does seem to make a difference on my laptop, I must say, especially if I haven't done it for a long while.

Ah, I'm not entirely sure how it works with laptops so you might be right there. I don't play games on my laptop.

What is the matchday slowdown? :confused:

Matchday slowdown is the game being unresponsive on matchdays (especially on lower spec machines) due to processing fixtures in the background. It's been apparent in most FM's but almost non-existant in FM10. Back in FM11 demo though. Can't comment on the patched version since I don't have the full game.

Archived