Far too many penalties

I've conceded 12 goals in 17 games in my season. Out of the 12 goals, 10 of them have been penalties. Whilst I appreciate this is not a bug as teams go through bad patches with decisions (e.g. Stoke City this season) this does seem a bit extreme.

The thing thats annoying is that i can't do anything to change it. I've edited team and defenders tackling instructions and I've also changed closing down instruction but to no avail, im still giving away penalties.

Any ideas to stop my team conceding so many

Not quite sure how to stop you from conceding so many, apart from maybe not closing tricky dribblers down, and tackling easy.

This definitely isn't the case on my game though, seems to be just the right amount of penalty's, in fact if anything, too few. Think you're just going through a really unlucky patch.

Stay on Feet, Stand Off Opponents touchline shout, make sure your defenders don't have "dives into tackles" as a personality trait, drop your backline slightly deeper so they're not chasing back at strikers getting in behind them, employ an Anchor Man in midfield, adopt a Stopper/Cover partnership on your centre-halves. If you're playing the touchline shouts I have mentioned, ideally you want to play a counter attacking game using wide players so you get forward at speed when you break.

Try all that and let me know if there's an improvement :)

Cheers Tubey, I'll try some of that. I just don't want to change my tactics dramatically as I'm currently top of the league. It's probably just a patch because I'm in my 5th season and its only just started happening this season.

A thing I have noticed though is that the foul is always on the left hand side of the box with striker going away from goal so it's pretty infuriating considering the foul isn't necessary

Archived