In all seriousness, certain games are without doubt fixed

Multiple reloads and every time, they'll pull off a 'shock' result.

I've tried all sorts of different tactics and teamtalks. My team are easily the favourite.

But they'll always score off set pieces and long shots, whilst my team struggles to do anything and misses all the chances when they do.

So depressing to play.

If thats the case and they are 'fixed' try saving it when someone like Crewe draw Man Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal in the FA cup, save and reload see if its ever fixed in those circumstances. It's irritating at times, its frustrating but its certainly not 'fixed' the game works on a list of variables you put into it, then it calculates these variables and it produces an outcome. Change any of these variables even as little as one players morale and you have a different outcome. You could be Real Madrid playing against an over 70's pub team but if you played 0-0-10 on complete attacking with a sweeper keeper you'd still probably get a tonking.

This has been argued so many times it's untrue. Like santy said, the game is calculated on a series of variables and equations. You have been through the same game so many times that you are starting to believe it.

Stop replaying games and move on. You're not doing yourself any favours.

It's the team talks. I was playing as Man United against Stoke at Old Trafford and it finished 0-0... Why? My team talks. I hit the post/bar about 6 times, missed about 5 or 6 sitters and just couldn't score. After missing the first few chances, I knew I'd gotten the team talk wrong. It's so predictable.

When you get it right, you know it instantly. You score within 5 minutes after kickoff/halftime.

Team talks have way too much of an impact. It's so frustrating..

If thats the case and they are 'fixed' try saving it when someone like Crewe draw Man Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal in the FA cup, save and reload see if its ever fixed in those circumstances. It's irritating at times, its frustrating but its certainly not 'fixed' the game works on a list of variables you put into it, then it calculates these variables and it produces an outcome. Change any of these variables even as little as one players morale and you have a different outcome. You could be Real Madrid playing against an over 70's pub team but if you played 0-0-10 on complete attacking with a sweeper keeper you'd still probably get a tonking.
This has been argued so many times it's untrue. Like santy said, the game is calculated on a series of variables and equations. You have been through the same game so many times that you are starting to believe it.

Stop replaying games and move on. You're not doing yourself any favours.

As these two point out, there is no fixing, its all down to so many variables there is no way it can be fixed.

With your current issue, when you have saved may mean that one result is more likely than another. For instance you save after the press conference, in which you stuff up and annoy your team, now due to this (and whether pc's have too much bearing is another debate) you are going to be up against it to get a result. Not by any stretch impossible, but weighted one way or the other.

I do not believe it is fixed but at times it can seem like it. The trouble is people only see it when it goes against them, I played Man United at Old Trafford with Sunderland they had 22 shots at goals with 14 on target. I had 3 shots with 3 on target the final score was 3-0 to me I have had it go against me just as much as it has gone for me. Like I said at times it seems fixed but it is not, how could the AI be clever enough to fix the score of 1 in every 50 games or whatever it works out as.

What this sort of thing suggests is that there are cases where some inputs into the match engine, something that isn't tactical, are massively skewing the probablities of the match results being realistic.

Not fixed, but a bug worth looking at if you take the time to present it in a reasonable fashion in the bugs forum.

I think it's definitely fixed. At the weekend I was top of the league away at a club who were struggling in the relegation zone. I had 25 shots (including 10 on target) to their one. Guess what? Theirs was a goal. Basically their super keeper stopped every shot we had. It was so bad I'm thinking of resigning in this game.

Yours sincerely,

C. Ancelotti

I think it's definitely fixed. At the weekend I was top of the league away at a club who were struggling in the relegation zone. I had 25 shots (including 10 on target) to their one. Guess what? Theirs was a goal. Basically their super keeper stopped every shot we had. It was so bad I'm thinking of resigning in this game.

Yours sincerely,

C. Ancelotti

Excellent.

Yours sincerely,

C. Ancelotti

What Mr. Ancelotti said.

Damn you superkeepers.

on a side note.

Team talks have an incredible impact. I don't think that the problem is the fact that they impact the out-come of the game a lot, i think the problem is how it shown in the Match Engine.

Of course a manager who can motivate their team will get a lot more out of them, this is why they have such a big impact. The problem exists in the way the information presents itself throughout the game. If you do a wrong team-talk on Torres for example. He will undoubtedly not score if the oppositions goalkeeper is motivated, no matter how many one-on-ones he goes up against him (occasionally the goalkeeper might make a mistake :p)

This is the problem. I don't think motivation should impact a players ability to score (unless he is nervous/complacent). If he is (Playing Okay), then there should be no excuse Torres should miss 6 out 6 one on one opportunity's. NOW I'm not saying he shouldn't have a dip in form. If thats the case then all be it he should miss all those opportunities. But the teamtalk shouldn't impact it unless it makes him uneasy during the game. I've seen periods in time where Drogba has got a rating of 6.0 for me one game cause i got the wrong teamtalk and the next game he gets a rating of 9.2. (Unless his consistency is really that bad)

@Edgar I finally found the thread, took some digging.

@OP read this and weep. It is the same right now as it was back then. Please don't do another ensar on us.

I remember that thread. I can't be bothered reading through four pages of nonsense, but didn't he upload the game eventually and it turned out his tactics were utterly ridiculous? If it's the one I'm thinking of, I played it and won 3-0 second time out.

Come on, OP, upload the game to Mediafire or some such and let others try and win the unwinnable.

I know I haven't done anything wrong (other than maybe a press conference or something silly like that)

Basically, something like this will happen EVERY time.

captureraf.jpg

OK, these things happen now and then. But as I said, EVERY reload, that sort of thing happens. Sometimes I do actually win, but only luckily. I'd win 2-1 in a game I should be winning 6-0. Basically, something has been pre determined that means I'm going to get a poor result.

One thing is Definitely over-confidence. But telling them I expect a performance makes little to no difference. Tactics make little to no difference. It's just really frustrating to know that your hands are tied no matter what you try and do.

@Sheva Elite

meaning, the opposition has better moral, better press conference. They are also at home, which gives them even more motivation, and on top of it all, you might have lower moral and doing the wrong team talks.

Dont forget, Everytime you reload, the right team-talk will change for the majority of the individuals. So even that can't stay the same. If you said expect a performance and that player did good despite you losing, if you reload and say it again, it has a probability of doing nothing, if not making things worst.2

My Morale was nearly all superb. Its quite evident that there was just some box ticked that meant I was going ot have a right old struggle on my hands.

Next game against Fiorentina, who are MUCH better and we ease to a 2-0 win with Fiorentina not even having a shot despite having infinitely better players.

I'd have it down to playing away in Greece. Its always really tough to play away in different countries. Teams that are below par will get big advantages. Take a look at the history Scottish teams have against foreign teams at home and you'll notice they do really good. No disrespect to scottish teams but they are pretty far off the caliber of majority of top 4 English, Spanish or Italian teams. (Nowadays.)

So depressing to play.

I have not played 2011 yet myself. But I think if it depresses you you should not play it.

I have kind of lost faith in FM over the last few years. Personally I don't think its the game it used to be but then again I might be just getting old.

The fact that year after year they release a bug filled game is very disrespectful to the FM fans. Yet every year people still buy the game knowing its going to be full of bugs.

Archived