Contract's negotiation

Say I'm the tranfer screen negotiating with a player (who is free). He demands some wages and bonus I cannot afford. I suggest him other terms and he does not agree so I end clicking "exit talks". The day after I try to negotiate with him again but he says that after not reaching an agreement he wont discuss a contract with me.

My question is: how long this situation last?

I mean, is there any moment (say 15 days) where he is open again to discuss a contract with me after not reaching an agreement?

I was wondering this as well.

I had approached M. Diarra in may two months before his contract was due to expire but I could not offer him the contract he wanted so therefore had to exit talks. Now it is august and he is unattached but the game will not even allow me to offer a contract as his agent won't entertain any negotiations at all. My finances are different now and I could give him the wages he wanted but I'm being prevented from doing so.

By doing a quick scout report it shows he's "extremely interested" in joining my club and he even agreed to a two-week trial but whatever I try I cannot offer him a contract. I noticed that I am on his agent's 'disliked people' list which probably has a lot to do with it but it is annoying how you can become disliked by an agent so readily and for it to affect trying to buy players in this way.

This isn't the only player and agent that this has happened with for me as well. Maybe this is something that could be tweaked for the next patch.

From your experience Tez85 I can imagine he will not enter in negotiations again in the future. Let's say this is not well implemented in the game then because it is hard to realise someone dislikes you just for not offering what he demands. Indeed the door should be open. It is part of the negotiations.

Archived