Injuries?

I'm getting on average 2 injuries a game. Most of them are knocks so the player isn't out but he has to be taken off in that game. In a couple of games I have lost 5 players to injury and I assume that it is because the opposing team are tacking certain players "hard". Is there any way to stop this or do I add this to the growing list of things for SI to fix?

I'm the same. And yes, I've adjusted all my training schedules, but I'm still losing a player a match with a massive injury (ie out for 3 wekks plus). SI needs to sort this, and the absurd amounts of red and yellow cards that are given in each and every game. This game is unplayable at present becuase these errors make it just too unrealistic. FM2010 was a far better game as things stand.

• SI Staff

Have any of you reported this in the bugs forum with evidence? If we don't have anything to look at then there isn't much we can do about it when not everyone is suffering from the same issue. I've played four seasons now and not had any abnormal issues with injuries or cards.

I have 3 top physios at Liverpool and never have my training above medium. This is clearly a match engine / database bug. It dishes out far too many serious match injuries that result in 5 or 6 key players all with long term injuries in the same season. Unrealistic.

I have 3 top physios at Liverpool and never have my training above medium. This is clearly a match engine / database bug. It dishes out far too many serious match injuries that result in 5 or 6 key players all with long term injuries in the same season. Unrealistic.

Have you read Ter's advice?

Not this again. Every year.

People who are not good at managing their squads complain that the game is broken.

Do a search, find one of the 10.3 injury threads, all that advice still stands. Use it. You'll soon notice injuries are fine when compared with RL and that if you are seeing too many, its you not the game.

Have any of you reported this in the bugs forum with evidence? If we don't have anything to look at then there isn't much we can do about it when not everyone is suffering from the same issue. I've played four seasons now and not had any abnormal issues with injuries or cards.

The cards issue clearly stems from the lack of referee rotation. I keep getting lumbered with the same trigger happy referees who book anything between 8-10 players and send off at least one (both for my side and the opposition). Managers who get stuck with a more lenient ref on nearly permanent rotation will obviously have little to complain about! Ths sheer volume of people posting the same issues (too many / yellow cards / serious injuires in games) should be enough for SI to pull their finger out and tackle these unrealistic issues. There is no point in adding fancy contract talks to the game when the player you're after is odds-on to break his leg in his first game. Will SI ever release a decent game out of the box??

• SI Staff
Ths sheer volume of people posting the same issues (too many / yellow cards / serious injuires in games) should be enough for SI to pull their finger out and tackle these unrealistic issues

Well it's not. We need examples to look at to find out if there is a problem or not. It's impossible to say what may be causing it without said examples.

The cards issue clearly stems from the lack of referee rotation. I keep getting lumbered with the same trigger happy referees who book anything between 8-10 players and send off at least one (both for my side and the opposition). Managers who get stuck with a more lenient ref on nearly permanent rotation will obviously have little to complain about! Ths sheer volume of people posting the same issues (too many / yellow cards / serious injuires in games) should be enough for SI to pull their finger out and tackle these unrealistic issues. There is no point in adding fancy contract talks to the game when the player you're after is odds-on to break his leg in his first game. Will SI ever release a decent game out of the box??

EDIT: Ter beat me to it.

I haven't had any problems with injuries and my training is set to high. This isn't to say I don't get injuries at all, I've had players out for 2 days all the way to 4 months. But it's not unrealistic.

I also don't get many cards, because of my control-minded tactics. The opponents usually do get booked later in the game because of frustration and persistent fouling. I've only had one straight red card for my player and one player on ban because of reaching the card limit.

Perhaps I'm just lucky as I'm not experiencing problems.

Must be a totally different version of FM11. No unrealistic injuries problem (nothing bad in season 1, had a bit of a bad month now on 2, losing Tevez to a broken leg and Silva to a 6 week onem then Balotelli to a 4 month one), but again, it happens. Haven't gotten any more injuries, save for my new signing Thiago being injured for 6 days and a couple cold cases in the youth team in two months now.

Every year's the same with injuries. People cry about "BUG!!!! BUG!!!" when they get seven or eight in a row. Well, then probably real life is bugged too =D If your players are tired, you play a lot of matches, or are just plain unlucky for a couple months, your players get injured. Deal wth it. Just check the league tables, and any sports page that keeps track of injuries, and you'll see that FM is pretty spot on, perhaps a bit below what happens IRL.

No issue with cards, either, but might be down to referee rotation, as pointed there. I?ll keep a look on my referees, see if they aren't rotating,

i suppose man utd can complain last season was a bug when their whole defense was injured................

in three seasons so far i have not seen any real injury problems infact ive not had enough injuries my squad is too big and with no auto scheduled reserve games a few folk are sitting unfit in december!! Also in 3 seasons i have had 4 red cards, two of for goal scoring oppertunities, seems pretty much bang on to me.

It's just typical that after I commented in here I lost my first choice striker and first choice central defender to month long injuries in the same match. Bah humbug.

must be a bug, there is no way that is true to real life, when have two players ever gone off injured in the same game....................

Ha ha, I forgot about this thread!

Tell me how getting a better physio stops my players getting injuries in-game while clashing with their opponents. Just had another game against Liverpool: 3 cross injuries, 2 knocks. Yeah, must be my physio or my training that's causing Christian Poulsen to kick my players off of the pitch.

Every year's the same with injuries. People cry about "BUG!!!! BUG!!!" when they get seven or eight in a row. Well, then probably real life is bugged too =D If your players are tired, you play a lot of matches, or are just plain unlucky for a couple months, your players get injured. Deal wth it. Just check the league tables, and any sports page that keeps track of injuries, and you'll see that FM is pretty spot on, perhaps a bit below what happens IRL.,

It's not 7 or 8 in a row, I've had 9 cross injuries in 11 games and I've not counted the knocks but there's been a couple games with me finishing with less than 11 players.

i suppose man utd can complain last season was a bug when their whole defense was injured................

in three seasons so far i have not seen any real injury problems infact ive not had enough injuries my squad is too big and with no auto scheduled reserve games a few folk are sitting unfit in december!! Also in 3 seasons i have had 4 red cards, two of for goal scoring oppertunities, seems pretty much bang on to me.

I'm glad it's not just me then, from what I read around here I expect my players to either break a leg or get sent off every game :D

Archived