Take my hat off to the tactical geniuses!!?

Well I just gotta do it. Well done SI you guys are the greatest tactical masterminds in human history. Hannibal had nothing on you guys. Your ability to create tactics for this AI that make players completely defy all form, morale and more importantly ABILITY, is simply brilliant. Why you guys havnt gone for your coaching licences is totally beyond me. You would be a shoe in for any job on the planet. Go talk to Fergie guys please. Tell him how to talk to his players so they all play like gods. Especially when they have some awful players out there.

Your ability to make the worse players faster,more agile,better reflexes and overall talent increase expidentially is unsurpassed. You must be the greatest managers of all time. But I still beat you. 106 games unbeaten in the league with Man Utd.three titles in three years and all other cups available. I control six teams at all levels in different countries. and yep all the players reguardless of attributes can play like Pele when the AI has them. So I take my hat off to you guys at SI. Keep it up guys, get that big book of football cliches out again and start on 09. Remember SI that if you say the rite thing anyone can be awesome. even ones with 5 reflexes,7 agility and 3 handling. Oh farq yeh hes gunna keep a clean sheet. Tempo be damned, your stupid tactics can go to hell and you guys can kiss my ass.

Your a total failure and the quality control on this game is absolutely deplorable. Testing should have fixed it, but you didnt give a flying F did you lads. Its all about the money now. I hope Live fails miserably and you have to go to a compnay that focuses on game excellence not money. But I still cant stop playing it damn it. Sorry but its just so close to perfection OMFG moments just ruin it so bad. Ball watching is the worse by a country mile. And the AI always scores as a result, thats why people think they are being cheated. wish I could do the bird!

Well I just gotta do it. Well done SI you guys are the greatest tactical masterminds in human history. Hannibal had nothing on you guys. Your ability to create tactics for this AI that make players completely defy all form, morale and more importantly ABILITY, is simply brilliant. Why you guys havnt gone for your coaching licences is totally beyond me. You would be a shoe in for any job on the planet. Go talk to Fergie guys please. Tell him how to talk to his players so they all play like gods. Especially when they have some awful players out there.

Your ability to make the worse players faster,more agile,better reflexes and overall talent increase expidentially is unsurpassed. You must be the greatest managers of all time. But I still beat you. 106 games unbeaten in the league with Man Utd.three titles in three years and all other cups available. I control six teams at all levels in different countries. and yep all the players reguardless of attributes can play like Pele when the AI has them. So I take my hat off to you guys at SI. Keep it up guys, get that big book of football cliches out again and start on 09. Remember SI that if you say the rite thing anyone can be awesome. even ones with 5 reflexes,7 agility and 3 handling. Oh farq yeh hes gunna keep a clean sheet. Tempo be damned, your stupid tactics can go to hell and you guys can kiss my ass.

Your a total failure and the quality control on this game is absolutely deplorable. Testing should have fixed it, but you didnt give a flying F did you lads. Its all about the money now. I hope Live fails miserably and you have to go to a compnay that focuses on game excellence not money. But I still cant stop playing it damn it. Sorry but its just so close to perfection OMFG moments just ruin it so bad. Ball watching is the worse by a country mile. And the AI always scores as a result, thats why people think they are being cheated. wish I could do the bird!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4-2-4 ouch!:

WAAAAAH.

WAAAAAAAAAH.

IMA GETTIN MA PANTIES INA BUNCH BCUZ WHEN I PLAYS DA GAME IT R THE HARDZ!11

BUT NOT 2 HARD BCUZ DA REL RESUN I MADE THIS THREAD WAS 2 GLOAT ABUT MA WININ STREK WID MANURE!11! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's how I read it.

What a nonsensical rant.

You do realise that the better a 'pretend reality' is that the more stringent your expectations are?

It is why many computer games still go for that cartoony look, a displacement of reality, so the bugs are seen as mere quirks. In photo realistic games players are much less forgiving.

In summary, the only real problem with the latest Football Manager is that it is so good the mistakes and bugs are more obvious.

You always have the option of buying one of the poorer games from the competitors if it prevents you from blowing a blood vessel.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Socraincha:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4-2-4 ouch!:

WAAAAAH.

WAAAAAAAAAH.

BUT NOT 2 HARD BCUZ DA REL RESUN I MADE THIS THREAD WAS 2 GLOAT ABUT MA WININ STREK WID MANURE!11! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's how I read it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here, mate.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Socraincha:

WAAAAAH.

WAAAAAAAAAH.

That's how I read it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yea but 4-2-4 ouch!'s post is much funnier. He managed to do a perfect impression of a complete idiot from one simple post. He should really be an actor irl.

I had major problems with AI change to 4-2-4 in the last few versions. I was happy to see that the succes rate for the AI with 4-2-4 have made a major drop in FM08.

In FM07 I often was up 1-0 and in total controle of the match, but then the computer changed to 4-2-4 and bag, bag 1-2 in 30 sek and then back to normal formation. It happend no matter how much smaller the other club was.

In this instance parody is better than sarcasm...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well I just gotta do it. Well done 4-2-4 ouch! you really are the greatest literary genius in human history. Ashley Cole had nothing on you. Your ability to create posts that defy all grammar checks, spell checks and more importantly SENSE, is simply brilliant. Why you haven't gone for your English SATS is totally beyond me. You would be a shoe in for any job in Burger King. Go talk to McDonald's please. Tell them how to talk to their customers so they eat like dogs. Especially when they have some awful burgers out there.

Your ability to make worse sentences unreadable, more futile, better not waste my time reading and overall annoyance increase expidentially is unsurpassed. You must be the worst writer of all time. But I still read you. 106 posts incomprehensible in the forum. I control one keyboard in one study. and yep all the posters regardless of attributes can write like Shakespeare when the AI has them. So I take my hat off to you. Keep it up 4-2-4 ouch!, get that big book of whingeing cliches out again and start on another pointless unconctructive thread. Remember 4-2-4 ouch! that if you say the rite thing any post can be awesome. Even with bad grammar and spelling. Gibberish gibberish gibberish swearing and abuse makes me feel big. Ha ha ha, I'm on the internet so you can't get me.

Your a total failure and the quality control in all your threads is absolutely deplorable. Reading it back with a clear head should have fixed, more boring abuse etc. It's all about the trolling now. I hope your keyboard fails miserably and you have to go to a forum that focusses on anger management, not Football Manager. But I still can't stop reading it. Sorry but its just so close to funny stupid ill thought otu points just ruin it so bad. Using 'expidentially' when the word is 'exponentially' is the worse by a country mile. And the sentences always suck as a result, that's why people think you talk rubbish. More abuse, blah blah blah. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep stupid angry immature way to make a point. There is a better way. Close this rabble now so as we can have constructive ideas and info rather than my babble after watching four defenders stand and watch a ball. Football is a bugger of a gamen to start with. Programming something to recreate it in some realistic fashion would be near on impossible. i have loved the game many a year and this sort of stuff aint helping anyone.

This will be the very last angry post I will ever make. Its embarassing. sorry but there is a point in there somewhere.

I think 4-2-4 has got a point. Sometimes this game can be very very frustrating, and the annoying things like your defenders running away from the opposition attacker, or ball watching is simply shocking. A pointless rant - maybe to a fan boy yes. I still think FM 08 (poss 09) needs a whole lot of work done to make this game work. It's about as smooth at the moment as Desperate Dans chin.

well, the bloke may be talking through his ass, but 08 is definitely not anywhere near one of the greats such as 01/02 or 03/04...you do have to wonder sometimes if the staff at SI actually play it, because, even though it is the best game available by far, the "tweaks" they try to put in are in no way realistic...i'm not trying to excuse him but i don't think you guys should act all sarcastic just because you handled the bugs in the game a bit better than the poor fellow..we all know, deep down, that this game has flaws that could be easily repaired if someone tried to read between the lines of apparent nonsense guys like this dude write..

just my two cents, really...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Silver Foxx:

and the annoying things like your defenders running away from the opposition attacker, or ball watching is simply shocking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have seen annoying things like these all the time actually. only trouble is they happen to the football team which i watch in real life.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jason Valler:

I think original poster makes some valid points, in my experience when playing the game is that the reputation of a club plays more of a factor than tactics or player abilities, i just think they have to balance wrong this time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The ONLY thing that the reputation of a club affects is the formation and tactics that are used when playing against them/you.

If the reputation of the AI club is much higher than yours, they will play a more attacking game against you. If the reputation is much lower, they will look to contain you. And there's no magic around this either. If you look in the editor, you can see the formations (tactics) that each team (or manager) will play against you under attacking/normal/defensive situations.

As far as I'm aware there is no other affect that reputation has within the match engine - none that I've experienced anyway.

If anyone is having problems with tactics to the level that the original poster is, why not ask for help on the tactics forums? It's a great place to learn about setting and managing tactics - I know because I suffered long and hard until I took the time to participate on the forum until I understood how it works.

There are of course issues with the engine and most of these will be addressed in the forthcoming patch I'm sure (because they usually are in the Feb/March patch). But anyone thinking that their heavy losses will suddenly turn to heavy wins will be disappointed.

Go onto the tactics forums and learn how to enjoy the game more.

For me, the only thing more annoying then people starting threads to scream about how they're never playing again is when a response falls into one of three categories:

1.) FM08 IS THE BEST GAME EVER! YOU ARE WRONG!

2.) Well, it's potentially the best of the series, it's just not that good right now...

3.) Dude, it's totally your tactics.

What does potential have to do with it when people are complaining the game is bugged to hell? It's like telling someone who's lost a finger "Well, there's the potential that someone will find a way to grow fingers back." All fine if they do, but right now your still missing a finger.

The others are in denial. It's not even a subjective matter, there's no way anyone could honestly say that FM08 in it's current state is the best game SI have made.

It's like trying to tell someone their wife's cheating and them making excuses, even though you've shown him her website, pointed out the film crew in the front room and the queue of two hundred guys in their pants which starts at the hall door and goes out into the street.

Great if FM08 is working out for you, you're having fun and enjoying it. But going on threads where people are moaning and telling people that they're wrong is hilarious.

I'd wager it was the same people who felt the need to add to threads complaining about the registration problems in various leagues with "I only play in England, so this doesn't effect me icon_smile.gif "

Yep stupid angry immature way to make a point. There is a better way. Close this rabble now so as we can have constructive ideas and info rather than my babble after watching four defenders stand and watch a ball. Football is a bugger of a gamen to start with. Programming something to recreate it in some realistic fashion would be near on impossible. i have loved the game many a year and this sort of stuff aint helping anyone.

This will be the very last angry post I will ever make. Its embarassing. sorry but there is a point in there somewhere. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fair play to you. I hope you can stick to it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spagbol:

For me, the only thing more annoying then people starting threads to scream about how they're never playing again is when a response falls into one of three categories:

2.) Well, it's potentially the best of the series, it's just not that good right now...

What does potential have to do with it when people are complaining the game is bugged to hell? It's like telling someone who's lost a finger "Well, there's the potential that someone will find a way to grow fingers back." All fine if they do, but right now your still missing a finger.

The others are in denial. It's not even a subjective matter, there's no way anyone could honestly say that FM08 in it's current state is the best game SI have made.

It's like trying to tell someone their wife's cheating and them making excuses, even though you've shown him her website, pointed out the film crew in the front room and the queue of two hundred guys in their pants which starts at the hall door and goes out into the street.

Great if FM08 is working out for you, you're having fun and enjoying it. But going on threads where people are moaning and telling people that they're wrong is hilarious.

I'd wager it was the same people who felt the need to add to threads complaining about the registration problems in various leagues with "I only play in England, so this doesn't effect me icon_smile.gif " </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the only post less worth reading than those you pointed out ..... is one like yours.

Did you actually read the posts on this thread or try to read something between the lines that wasn't there? In fact, don't feel obliged to answer that.

The original post was nonsense - but I could completely understand his frustration. I've been there. And rather than have him not enjoy the game until the patch comes out, I offered some assistance via another forum.

So, your post Spagbol did nothing other than increase your karma by ONE.

Of course I read the thread, it was full of the regular pops of personal insults and snide comments that similar threads regularly get.

As the usual a couple of people point out where the original poster has valid points or make good suggestions as the thread goes on, but the dismissive tone in general as ever is painful.

I didn't criticise your post or the entire thread, did I? It's the four word replys of "It's your tactics mate" or people simply saying "Wrong. Best game ever" which turn up all over the board which are what's annoying.

By time those starting threads get to the good advice or discussion starts they often feel like small children who've drawn on the walls because of those posts belittleing them and the personal insults.

I have no idea what karma is in relation to message boards, neither do I care to know.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spagbol:

By time those starting threads get to the good advice or discussion starts they often feel like small children who've drawn on the walls because of those posts belittleing them and the personal insults.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's character building! And until SI sort out the forums, if people want to come here from some constructive debate, I'm afriad they'll have to put up with the odd idiot here and there.

But if you are tired of these silly rants, things are much better on the tactical forum - providing any issues are highlighted in a reasonable fashion.

4-2-4 ouch! .... The offer still stands to help you out on the tactical forums if you want. I'm not really the best person to help you but I can vouch for the quality of advice over there. It may not turn things around for you completely, but it will help you to distinguish between:

1. What are the real issues with the engine (because there are a few)?

2. What is down to your tactics (again there are a few things that can make a huge difference when you understand them)?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">players reguardless of attributes can play like Pele when the AI has them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

even ones with 5 reflexes,7 agility and 3 handling. Oh farq yeh hes gunna keep a clean sheet.

Your ability to make the worse players faster,more agile,better reflexes and overall talent increase expidentially is unsurpassed.

Ball watching is the worse by a country mile

These all happen in the games I play, can those that deny this please post their tactics, as I'm happy to test them.

I'd wager it was the same people who felt the need to add to threads complaining about the registration problems in various leagues with "I only play in England, so this doesn't effect me icon_smile.gif " </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For future reference, what are the valid reasons to reply to such a thread?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's like telling someone who's lost a finger "Well, there's the potential that someone will find a way to grow fingers back." All fine if they do, but right now your still missing a finger. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, not really.

- Growing a finger back is biologically impossible for humans.

- SI fixing significant errors with their software is 100% feasible. And from past experience: it's highly likely.

Archived